Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today, I got rid of...yay!

Okay, so call me the Billy Graham of purging, but I'm an avid believer in the idea that when it comes to possessions, less is best - less things to clean, less things to tidy, less things to fix, less things to have to worry about.

So, I'm starting this thread for the sole purpose of encouraging others to get rid of their 'shit.' Donate it, give it away, sell it, or stick it in the trash, I don't care what it is, if you don't need/use/or even like it, it's time to let it go.

I'll start. Today I got rid of...

1. A bunch of non-recyclable carrier bags that were taking up way too much room on my kitchen door. (-> Charity shop/thrift store.) My kitchen door thanks me.

2. Half a dozen chocolate/biscuit containers left over from Christmas. (-> The center my daugher attends for baking class.) So okay, they're good for storing cakes and biscuits - but all of us are trying to lose weight so why waste valuable space by keeping them? (My kitchen cabinets thank me.)

3. A pile of old newspapers/newspaper souvenirs from 1900 through 1940 or so. I bought them at an auction ages ago because they were extremely cheap. Out of all of them, however, there were only two that I really wanted so the rest I'm sending to our antiques/collectables unit. (The floor underneath my desk thanks me.)

So, what are you getting rid of today in the hope of de-cluttering your life? (And if you're not getting rid of it but don't need it/use it/like it...why?) Inquisitive minds want to know...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Lets see, today..I'll remember to take the pile of plastic, to the store that has a container to collect them and recycle them.
I could be getting rid of many more thinsg, and have to work at it. Will drop back and maybe share : 0
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

First...a shout out. Words darlin...thank you for starting this thread!

I told myself that this new year would be a year of minimization. Out with the old, the cluttered, the things I don't need. And now I have a thread to keep me on track. YAY! lol

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
First...a shout out. Words darlin...thank you for starting this thread!

I told myself that this new year would be a year of minimization. Out with the old, the cluttered, the things I don't need. And now I have a thread to keep me on track. YAY! lol
You're more than welcome

So...what's going first?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Recycling the pile of old magazines that I have been keeping forever....saving for a recipe, or an article, etc... Time for them to go!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of paperbacks that are cluttering up books shelves. We are going through all our books over the next two weeks to see what to keep and what to get rid of. Some will go in a yard sale this spring (along with a pile of other stuff) and the rest will end up at Goodwill. Neither one of us like to accumulate stuff and we are not hoarders but we still find stuff to get rid of every year or so. This stuff just grows.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Alright, so I'm a total pack rat but let's give this a try. So today I am getting rid of all my old pc magazines. I have been saving them because I just can't bring myself to throw them out so I make excuses. So today their gone and my girlfriend and my shelves thank me I'm sure.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default Today...

I got rid of the dishes/pots & pans in the sink... moving on to going through the stuff I moved from my Mums !

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

busy busy

I've been getting rid of so much stuff. Donating, trashing, too much stuff.
getting rid of the cookies and sugar I keep bringing back into the house. Every time I go through anything emotional I turn to sugar. I'd like to get rid of what keeps making me do this.

Getting rid of heartache I've been carrying too long. Today things change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I'm Not getting rid of..My backpack full of retired beanie babies..{i have my reasons !!}

I am, however, getting rid of the canopy bed {tired of it, I want my full size futon}

I'm NOT getting rid of...my ever growing pile of Smithsonian magazines

I'll compensate by getting rid of...hmm..3 hefty bags worth of clothes I havent seen or worn in 3 or 4 years....maybe donate to a worthy charity, and yes they're clean -squint-

Hands off my Books...I will obliterate you if u touch my books, ok, love me love my fuckin books, got the message ??~hypervents grabs a brown paper bag~

I'll probably get rid of all those Limited Edition hershey kisses...[eyes dart left/right]

I'll send all the old Time/People/Newsweek/Large Print Readers Digest/Scientific American*after checking* to my Dialysis Unit waiting room..It does get boring there, and some people dont know which channels to pick on tv, they hog the remote.

I'm keeping all the teddy bears given to me by at least 4 Ex's....dont ask me why they give me teddy bears ~grumble~
Old 01-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
Alright, so I'm a total pack rat but let's give this a try. So today I am getting rid of all my old pc magazines. I have been saving them because I just can't bring myself to throw them out so I make excuses. So today their gone and my girlfriend and my shelves thank me I'm sure.

I used to hang on to magazines for the sake of one or two articles, so what I did was to cut out the articles I wanted to keep, file them, (individual nylon pockets in an A4 folder - makes them easy to find), then either use what was left for 'padding' for my eBay items or else stick it all in the recycle bin. So okay, these were 'women's magazines', most of which were full of advertising anyway, but it worked really well, especially as I no longer had to go through entire magazines looking for a particular article and instead, could simply look it up in my folder (my patience thanks me).

Anyway, well done on getting rid of those mags.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Recycling the pile of old magazines that I have been keeping forever....saving for a recipe, or an article, etc... Time for them to go!
Oops..I missed this one...

See my last post always.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

oh right...
Getting rid of a bunch of Dishes, cups and silverware, time for new ones....
Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
I'll compensate by getting rid of...hmm..3 hefty bags worth of clothes I havent seen or worn in 3 or 4 years....maybe donate to a worthy charity, and yes they're clean -squint-
3 or 4 years?!!!

Repeat after me. ''If I haven't worn it in a year, I do. not. need. it.''

3 or 4 years. *Shaking head.* LOL...
Old 01-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Today things change.
That's the spirit.

(((Sachita)))
Old 01-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

June. Juuuuuuuuuune. Oh JUUUUUUUUUUUNE.

I KNOW you're watching, sooooooo...

Come on, spill...
Old 01-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Today I am proud to report that I got rid of an old toilet that I have been keeping in my garage for six years. I am also proud to report that I ended up using it for exactly what I kept it for - to replace a damaged toilet in my rental home. Oh sorry ... that kind of supports keeping it for as long as I did doesn't it?

Well, I am actually not much of a pack rat. I was married to a pack rat for twenty-five years, though. Since his death, it is a lot harder to get rid of stuff he hoarded than it would have been while he was alive. Now it has become kind of dear to me, so I rationalize keeping it. I have made a lot of progress though. Last fall I took two whole van loads to Goodwill. They "won" the donations because they have a drive-through delivery system and they actually unload all the stuff out of the car for you. Yah Goodwill!!!

Words this is a great thread, and I hope I will have lots of things to come and brag about giving away.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #18
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Being a big old OCD sufferer of the non-hoarding variety I am constantly seeking symmetry and order. It is hard with a 7 year old though. There is clutter everywhere and some days I can't take it. I tend to get a bit too rowdy with the purging.

The less stuff I have the lighter and more free I feel. I have to be careful though because sometimes I can purge too much.

Great thread!!!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I used to hang on to magazines for the sake of one or two articles, so what I did was to cut out the articles I wanted to keep, file them, (individual nylon pockets in an A4 folder - makes them easy to find), then either use what was left for 'padding' for my eBay items or else stick it all in the recycle bin. So okay, these were 'women's magazines', most of which were full of advertising anyway, but it worked really well, especially as I no longer had to go through entire magazines looking for a particular article and instead, could simply look it up in my folder (my patience thanks me).

Anyway, well done on getting rid of those mags.
Oooohhhhhh! This is so delightful. It's like organizers porn. You are too hot!!!!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #20
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

My fake Christmas tree...

apparently dog pee doesn't wash out of fake Christmas trees.

Who knew?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post: