Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default For those that believe in God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

I looked in the religious spaces trying to find a place for those of us who believe in God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and could not find the thread. There are discussions of Christianity vs. this or that related to a topic or news. I found many other belief threads, but not this one.

I realize this way of believing is not exactly popular these days.
I, myself, do not claim to be religious per say. I do pray each night and love God. We are each on our own journey in this life and we choose to believe in what we feel is right. My right is not yours necessarily and vise versa and that's ok. I would NEVER try and force my belief on anyone. EVER.

Being brought up Baptist, i now do not claim this religion. I only know and feel in my heart that God is real. God is who i pray too. He sent his Son Jesus to this earth to save mankind. I believe the only way to heaven is to believe. It's that simple. I believe in parts of the Bible and i believe it is relevant and purposeful. I don't believe that every word in it applies to us today or even means near what we deal with in this day and time. I believe it to be real though and i do protect it and keep it holy. Words have been changed over the years to suit the scribes, the Kings, and so on...that's how i see it.

I believe in a God of love and hope and healing. In my nursing career i have seen some amazing things. Things that could not be from this earth. I focus on the positive. That is how i choose to live.

This is NOT a place for debate. There are many places for that. It seems that is all we really do is debate how we believe. WE ALL have the right to believe what we want to. I am sharing that right today.

If anyone would like to post praises something inspirational about how you feel or your journey. Please do so. But, please don't pick on me for loving the Lord, or make fun of me, at least to my face. If i am alone in this belief, and in this thread...i can live with that.

But, for today for this weekend, I am happy that He is risen. Happy Easter for those who believe...

I realize the following is old and outdated, but i feel the spirit when i hear this. I wanted to share....

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Praise be to God our Father!

Thank you Belle for this loving place to express our joy that He is Risen!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Maya Angelou
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default thank you for this thread!

sorry could not decide which to post so i posted all

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #5
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say i dont go to church on a regular basis but i worship daily for i believe what the bible tells us about we are the church.

i am not afraid to claim being a child of God. I dont judge people of other faiths for that isnt my job. From everything i have ever been taught that Our Father is their father also. Just like every one we all dont call our parents the sames as another how do i know they are not talking to whom i call Father.

Faith is defined as believing in something or someone we have never met or have seen. i would say i have that faith
Old 04-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation
Default on the third day, he rose again....

Happy Easter Everyone

I went to church today with my neighbors. At their church they have a new pastor who is 28 years old. He was very good I did enjoy the service / mass.

I myself don't attend church every weekend, but I do go as much as I can.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I don't attend church every time the door opens, and I'm far from a "holy roller". I do believe in the Holy Trinity and the Bible. I believe that Jesus died for my transgressions and I believe on the third day He rose.

I believe in prayer and miracles. God works in my like every day and I put my trust in Him. There have been numerous times in my life, where I said here God you take it, I can't do it anymore or don't know what to do. It may not be immediate but He takes care of it. I tell people just give it to God and forget about it. I believe that, I believe He'll take care of it.

Short story: Last week I had all but $1100 of the money together for my new toy. I got off at 2 Monday and went by the insurance office to pick up a check cuz my freezer went out. I went by the bank to get the amount of my interest so I could have my taxes filled out. I was afraid to have them filled out, afraid I'd have to pay this year. As I came home I noticed the driveway of they lady who does my taxes was empty. I stopped in she filled out my taxes. She goes well you're getting back. I'm really happy with that! Then she tells me the amount. I said how much was that again.....she said $1197.

I've prayed for this new toy for years off and on and knew in time it would come to pass. I've had this and that, but never exactly what I wanted. Then I found it came up with the money except $1100. When I prayed Sunday night I spoke to God and ask Him for one thing, though I rarely pray for myself specifically, I ask for him to help me make a way for it to happen. AND BOOM next day everything including the dollar amount fell right into place.

Yeah there's a God not just because of this little story. But buy faith I believe

Great Thread Belle! Also a great post Belle!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amen!!

I admit I don't go to church as much as I want to. I get in this rut, as a Catholic, when I get pissed at my life I blame God and stop going to church! It is because of my love, faith and trust that I always go back. When I get over myself! I am able to be the humble woman that I truly am and I go back to services, confession, in spite of my sins I ask for forgiveness and partake in the body and blood of Jesus.....as I believe in. I am not perfect, but I love the Holy Trinity!

I also believe that we who believe, do pray and honor the same ultimate energy, we all just call him by different names. One in the same for me My faith is positive, (with the exception of my stupid stubbornness) and ingrained in me from childhood. I remember goofing off in church with my siblings with looks and hand gestures and such! I remember looking around and contemplating such things as who will go to communion and who won't! Or looking around and wondering what peoples lives were like at home, and getting a little more serious in thoughts as to the life of Jesus and hearing about it when I listened to the readings! And as I got older, I could not wait to go to mass and pray, the solitude, one on one with the big guy! Arrive a little early and your choice of parking and seating were a bonus, the opportunity to pray in his house, with very little interruptions....was and still is uplifting to me. Confession......face to face is the only way I can do this, not shy in most any aspect of my life.

As long as I can remember liking females, is also as long as I can remember that I never felt that I was going to hell for being a lesbian! I didn't know that word at an early age, but I have never been ashamed of these feelings. My foundations in church were set in early with my parents and siblings. I pray to be a better person, I pray for peace, and I find it hard to pray for things that I want, feeling as if a roof, food and a means for working should be enough. Little by little that is changing! One of my favorite songs is about peace and I use it for my signature in my email......Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

God bless you.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

I have always so enjoyed the story of Ruth and Naomi.

Naomi being Ruth's mother in law and having become a widow, vowed to be with her until the end. Ruth had married Naomi's son but only because Naomi had pushed her to do so. After Naomi's son's death (Ruth's husband) Ruth promised to never leave Naomi's side again.

It has always amazed me that these two women made vows to each other and to God about each other. Their vows are often said in marriage ceremonies. It is a vow of love and companionship and family. I feel it could have even been more than that actually, but who knows.

Again, i don't really want to get into a heated debate about it. Let's continue to keep it a positive space.

Please feel free to share anything that touches you and thanks to those who have posted and those who sent reps and glad this thread is here. I really appreciate all of the positive energy in this thread!!!!

I wanted to share the famous vows that these two women made today....

Ruth 1:16-17

But Ruth said,
“Do not press me to leave you
or to turn back from following you!
Where you go, I will go;
Where you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people and your God my God.
Where you die, I will die
There I will be buried.
May the Lord do thus and so to me
And more as well
If even death parts me from you!”’
Maya Angelou
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #10
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I have always so enjoyed the story of Ruth and Naomi.

Naomi being Ruth's mother in law and having become a widow, vowed to be with her until the end. Ruth had married Naomi's son but only because Naomi had pushed her to do so. After Naomi's son's death (Ruth's husband) Ruth promised to never leave Naomi's side again.

It has always amazed me that these two women made vows to each other and to God about each other. Their vows are often said in marriage ceremonies. It is a vow of love and companionship and family. I feel it could have even been more than that actually, but who knows.

Again, i don't really want to get into a heated debate about it. Let's continue to keep it a positive space.

Please feel free to share anything that touches you and thanks to those who have posted and those who sent reps and glad this thread is here. I really appreciate all of the positive energy in this thread!!!!

I wanted to share the famous vows that these two women made today....

But Ruth said,
Where you go, I will go;
There I will be buried.
And more as well
When going through confirmation class i had to read that passage aloud...it took several tries as i could not stop sobbing. When read in context (and as posted here), it is one of the most beautiful in the Bible!

I begin all of my prayers with "thank you Lord for these my many blessings", and try to remember to be ever grateful in my daily life. There have been so many times over the last few years that i have " given it up to God", and although sometimes i don't like the answer, He always answers my prayers.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

But Ruth said,
Where you go, I will go;
There I will be buried.
And more as well
I have a band by James Avery that I wear and have worn since 2007 with this scripture engraved in Hebrew. It is a beautiful vow I took when I decided to serve the Lord. It has been an exercise in patience, that's for sure, but my heart remains the same, definitely....
And in my heart, Jesus is Ruth and I, Naomi...

Great thread. Thanks for starting it

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #12
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
I have a band by James Avery that I wear and have worn since 2007 with this scripture engraved in Hebrew. It is a beautiful vow I took when I decided to serve the Lord. It has been an exercise in patience, that's for sure, but my heart remains the same, definitely....
And in my heart, Jesus is Ruth and I, Naomi...

Great thread. Thanks for starting it
What a maroon! Jesus is Naomi, I am Ruth....oops

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #13
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Default One of my favorite prayers.....

Prayer for Peace

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

--St. Francis of Assisi (1181-1226)

Maya Angelou
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #14
CowboyJ

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He or Him
Relationship Status:
Ask

CowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST ReputationCowboyJ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Give Thanks

Belle thank you for putting this thread up. I too, believe in the Trinity and am not afraid to be an out and proud Christian. I grew up Missionary Baptist and listened to the condemning words each and every Sunday and Wednesday evening. I was not drawn into that drama and that is where my faith grew stronger. I knew God would not have such hatred for God's children and nothing that preacher could say shook that firm belief. I have attended seminary and was fortunate enough to be able to be who I am, believe what I believe and as long as I could back it up in scripture, my professors were willing to listen. I do wish more of the LGBT community could realize just what a loving God we have and I know many have been tested by so called Christians. I am in constant prayer that we can all feel he love that God has to offer us.

Thank you again for starting this thread. It was a very warming feeling to see the post when I signed on tonight. I hope to have more interaction here.

Peace and Blessings........
CowboyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CowboyJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #15
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Haven't been to church in years, but I believe in all three. Worship God in my own way.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #16
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Thank you God for this beautiful day, and help me to be ever grateful for the bounty You provide.

Amen
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #17
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

This is the day that the Lord has made,
we will give thanks and be glad in it!

It is so beautiful here today...it's cool and cloudy, and perfect weather for being outside and working.

Thanks be to God!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #18
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chronicles 1 16:34

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

His love endures forever. WOW who else does that? Forever is a long long time.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #19
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

As I sit here and type in despair, I turn to you Father God, I turn to you in a time of desperation and need for emotional and mental relief for the steps I must take to ensure my sanity for my own sake. Father forgive me for having to make the toughest decision of my life, walking away from an abusive, toxic mother that I have spent 5 1/2 yrs helping to care for. I have reached my last straw and I cannot take anymore. Father God, please provide guidance for me to make sound decisions for my future. Please allow the Andrews Center to find a way to keep providing counseling services for support during my path of walking away so I have emotional and mental support here where I live , alone. Thank you God, for the blessings you have bestowed upon me in my life and the lessons I've learned from the mistakes I've made. Thank you God for allowing me to grow and mature in the face of adversity in my lifetime. Thank you God for giving me a caring heart when I would have developed a heartless one if not for YOU.
Thank you God for always being there for me when I need you. Amen
Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 AM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Happy Birthday to my Brother

He would have been 61 years old today. I miss him more than i could ever express in words. He was a fantastic big brother and was always there for me. He had a kind heart and a gentle spirit. He helped those in need and always saw the positive in life. He believed in God and it showed. I know he is in heaven.

Brother...

If there are Harley Motorcycles there, i hope you are riding on one with a big smile on your face.

I love you. I miss you. I will see you again.

Happy Birthday.
Love, your little sis.
Maya Angelou
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: