☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

They might say "Hi"
And I might say "Hey"
But you shouldn't worry about what they say
Cause they got nothin' on you baby
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I always know when I am "Off The Market" when the thought of anyone else touching me makes me feel icky in my tummy.

It's very scientific.
Love this!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in a commited relationship with Ebon. We live together and have discussed, at length, our plans for our joint future together.

That would make me off the market.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #24
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yeah, but hypothetically speaking: What IF someone came along and offered Ebon say, $1,000,000.00 for you? Would that put you back on the market for resale? Could we get as much for you the next time? Or, is it like once you drive the new car off the lot, you lose some of your value?

Do we need a poll?
We always need a poll.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yeah, but hypothetically speaking: What IF someone came along and offered Ebon say, $1,000,000.00 for you? Would that put you back on the market for resale? Could we get as much for you the next time? Or, is it like once you drive the new car off the lot, you lose some of your value?

Do we need a poll?
Hypothetically speaking, if someone wants to pay a cool mil for me, then they need to pay ME (regardless of what the money would be in exchange for).

I'm no prize....ask Ebon.

If we get a poll, would it affect my asking price if I jammed it up someone's ass?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #26
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think I've ever been out of the stockroom and on the shelf!

Seriously, I suppose I'm "on the market", but not seeking. I'm busy with school, my family, and a lot of personal issues right now. However, I'd make time for the right one.

"Off the market" within a relationship is when both people (or more) involved agree that it's an exclusive relationship.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if someone wants to pay a cool mil for me, then they need to pay ME (regardless of what the money would be in exchange for).

I'm no prize....ask Ebon.

If we get a poll, would it affect my asking price if I jammed it up someone's ass?
Sounds kinky. You should definitely get a higher bid for that.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #28
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I am the market.

Er, Marketmaker?

Eh, whatever.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #29
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I've been off the market since 1996, seriously....and for MANY years, I was not interested in or even thought about dating or relationships. I didn't want a "revolving door" in my son's life; raising him without more upset from him getting attached to someone who might not be around for long, or might not accept him as a "package deal" was very important to me. A revolving door in a child's life can do much harm. I can prove that...

I stayed off the market for several reasons, that being the most important to me....

Then, once he was out of the house on his own, when I did decided to date "mom's neighbor" in the Summer of 2007 (a Soft Butch I'd had a minor crush on for 5 years) and come out at the same time.... I still considered myself off the market, but not because I was dating. (WOW!! 11+ years without "any"! no wonder I had a crush on Min!)

When I was/am single:
I'm off the market because dating or the possibility of a relationship happens on my terms.... and I don't go looking for "it", nor am I open to "propositions". I don't like being pursued or someone being "aggressive" with their interest in dating me or other sexual attractions....(I certainly don't like an aggressor...it sends me into a "bad zone"...)....I am a loner, most often. I was never comfortable in the "dating scene" or actively pursuing a "mate" and I'm NEVER comfortable with someone "coming on to me"....it's just not in my comfort zone.

If/when I decide to become involved with someone, I am off the market... not solely because of monogamy, but because it has more to do with it takes a great deal of effort and a VERY special "place" for me to consider or be actively involved and/or intimate with any individual. Sharing that level of intimacy for me and of me is a VERY special place. I haven't found a comfort zone that allows me to share that place with "just anyone" that might peek my interest. ...I have dated some since 2007, but I must be in MY comfort zone to share "my all". Just because I date, look around or play the field, does not mean to me that I am "on the market".... maybe dating means to me that I am trying to see where that person or situation fits in "my zone"?

If a person does not appreciate, respect or honor my "special place" ... then I become mentally and sometimes physically off the market.... I might share intimate things/times with them.... but I become guarded and refuse to "give my all"; therefore, parts of me are off the market.

Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #30
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

When I'm in a relationship, I'm off the market. If we both agree to be exclusive then it should be no less of a commitment than if we are married. For me, marriage (legal or in the heart) is about far more than exclusivity.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #31
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Although i am in service and have to ask permission, i would be looking to play with others if i felt well and were less busy. i like playing with others, people i have known a long time and new people. It is the spice of life. Or one of them. i am truly poly. i can safely say that i would never enter an exclusive relationship. For me, health and happiness are found in polyamory.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #32
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I am very happily long-term-dating someone but we have a relationship with negotiated non-monogamy, so I am not for sale on the market but I am for rent, and sometimes, if your lucky, you get a 2 for 1 bonus. (hubba hubba)

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #33
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

My gf and I have agreed to an exlusive relationship, which makes me OFF the market, just as if we were married. And I wouldn't be tempted by the $1,000,000 offer from someone else...and yes, we've talked about that!

The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #34
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i don't use on/off the market to describe my status. Either i'm looking/open to dating or not. if i'm taking time for myself or i'm in a committed and/or monogamous relationship, then i'm not looking/open to dating.
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote