Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #41
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

It's not the Fact he is Gay..
You'd have to be a deaf/blind/dumb-ass not to know....
It's the strength it took for him to come Forward, Public, at the Risk of losing Fans, Sponsors, and facing Scorn in a Society that upholds Men to a certain standard, in addition to his rather Catholic Family, and the Huge risk of facing Legalities in regard to his children....
His Closest friends obviously already knew, starting with Robi 'Draco' Rosa, when he subtly sent a public advice in an Interview aimed at Ricky not long ago,
And yes, despite the Fact he was in the Closet and told Barbara Walters it's nobody's Business, he is 110% right, if he were to "come out", it should be on his terms, after he's certain he can handle the backlash...and Support....
I'm rather proud of him and his courage to be public about it Now, that he accepts this part of himself honestly, comfortably, I'm sure his sons will appreciate it in time.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #42
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQwRnTk_to&feature=related"]YouTube- "Stay With Me" Sandra Grace music video, love ballad, i love you[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZl8VFcQ85E&feature=related"]YouTube- Piper Perabo and Lena Headey Lesbian Scene-"Don't Stop Believin'"-Music Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJ9ocJXRXE&feature=related"]YouTube- Love You Forever[/ame]

How did I miss splashley? dang, the teens seem to have it going on...
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #43
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/ma...mals-t.html?hp
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #44
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,708 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

This is too funny!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-martin-is-gay
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

A bit long but so cute.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/ma...e&ref=homepage
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #46
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Really?! I am fuming over this idiot!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_521988.html
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #47
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

‘Straight pride’ shirts at Tea Party rally draw fire
Shirts echo 'white pride' slogan used by white supremacists

By TODD A. HEYWOOD 4/12/10 7:20 AM
LANSING– State and national organizations who represent the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community are expressing outrage over t-shirts bearing the slogan “Straight Pride” offered for sale at a Saturday rally of the Tea Party Express.

http://michiganmessenger.com/36668/s...ally-draw-fire
--------------------------
I'll have you know it took a bit of effort to find a pic not directly linked to a hate group
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #48
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Adam Bouska

Adam Bouska (born October 31, 1983 in Decatur, Illinois) is an award winning American fashion photographer who runs a photography studio based out of West Hollywood, California. He is known for pictures of male models in particular, and is considered a rising 'superstar photographer' in the gay community.[1] His work has been printed in DNA Magazine and reFRESH and has already been featured at major websites, such as Amazon.com[2] and www.tenpercent.com. Bouska's most recent acclaim has been for his work with Armani Exchange model, Ryan Barry,[3] the boyfriend of Reichen Lehmkuhl.[citation needed] He is also noted for his work with celebrities:America's Next Top Models: Bre Scullark, Michelle Deighton, Amanda Babin and Michelle Babin, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: Jai Rodriguez, and JD Jordan from Bravo's Work Out.

Bouska is openly gay.[4] He lives in West Hollywood, California and was recognized as the community's leading photographer at the West Hollywood awards in January 2008.[5]

In November 2008, in response to the narrow approval in California of Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage, Adam and his partner, Jeff Parshley, founded the NOH8 Campaign to promote the overturn of this ban. While beginning at a grassroots level, by April 2009 the campaign had seen support from such celebrities as Leslie Jordan, Shanna Moakler and RichGirl and became involved in the Miss USA 2009 controversy.[6]

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #49
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #50
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Here's the full ad:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #51
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Love it....thank you for sharing
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #52
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I was watching "Pride: Gay & Lesbian stand-up"{I think that's the name} The guy that was on, kept doing "ass" jokes...and the occasional fart joke....Mum chirped "Why must every gay stand up be ass and dick?" I knew where she was heading, that and he was slightly over-the-top [I still found him funny] So, to avoid a sour moment, I said 'ok, fine, I'll change it"..
Sooo, I put it on Shaquille O'neals stand-up comedy, I obviously wanted stand-up comedy, there's this rather Big gentleman, nicely dressed, every word's almost a wheeze, he says "my mamma, she wanted my worse 'yo mama' joke, since I'm a comedian, i gave it to her, and she says dat's your worse??...I sez 'yup, u wanna try?', She pipes up 'Yo mamma so nasty...So so Nasty, She'll suck yo daddy's dick and Right after she done, come to your room & kiss u goodnight'. I shuddered and said "Oh fuck no, Ewww...!" I started chuckling...then it tickled the core of my stomach, my eyes watered, I looked at my mum and between a quiet attempt not to snicker I asked "U were saying?". She had this..Unique shy smile, and Deer-caught in Headlights glance..I burst out laughin', I almost lost my balance..

Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #53
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
This is a great commercial but I can't help but wonder why Mickey D's decided that France was a better place to release it rather than in the US...especially since June was proclaimed gay month by Obama.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #54
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Probably cuz Europe seems to be Far more open about accepting Gay & Lesbian relationships / Marriage, regardless of Presidential decrees, based on the Evangelical, Christian Conservative attempts in the past in the U.S. in calling for random boycotts after pro-gay Advertizing...
Disney endured it, Kings Island endured it, a few other Companies as well {I think McD already suffered an anti-gay boycott, I gotta check}.....
I could be wrong about McDonald's decision, but, then..
It does make sense
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #55
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
This is a great commercial but I can't help but wonder why Mickey D's decided that France was a better place to release it rather than in the US...especially since June was proclaimed gay month by Obama.

I should ask my aunt in Quebec to see if it will appear there. I wouldn't be surprised.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #56
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
You think McD's would have a shot at it being released in the USA? I'm not sure. Maybe certain areas?

I know it would probably fly in Canada but not sure about the States.

O'Reilly, in the first video I posted, is adamant in his rant that it would never air in the USA; however, he's an idiot and his RIGHTEOUSNESS that it would never air there made me ill. (but I think he may be right about it not being aired in your country)
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #57
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

McDonald's Won't Risk Offending Your 'Personal Beliefs' By Airing Its Gay Ad

It is an example that markets, cultures are very different around the world. (For instance), I've never shied away from the fact that I'm a Christian. I have my own personal beliefs and I don't impose those on anybody else. I've been in countries where the majority of the people in the country don't believe in a deity or they may be atheist. Or the majority of the country is Muslim. Or it may be the majority is much younger skewed. So when you look at all these differences, it's not that I'm to be the judge or the jury relative to right or wrong. Having said that, at McDonald's, there are core values we stand for and the world is getting much closer. So we have a lot of conversations. We're going to make some mistakes at times. (We talk) about things that may have an implication in one part of the world and may be the cultural norm in another part of the world. And those are things that, yes, we're going to learn from. But, you're right, that commercial won't show in the United States.

—Don Thompson, McDonald's COO, on why the gay themed ad that aired in France won't air in the U.S., noting the foreign spot has resulted in "no negatives" [via]

Read more: http://www.queerty.com/mcdonalds-won...#ixzz0qx1ExEIN
Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #58
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Playdates and Releases
Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #59
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Default jezebel.com

ESPN Announcer Pulled For "Sweetcakes" Comment

Being a female sideline reporter just gets more fun all the time — on Friday, ESPN announcer Rod Franklin's sexist comments to reporter Jeannine Edwards got him pulled from a bowl game. And it's not his first offense.

According to Sports by Brooks, Franklin, Edwards, and fellow announcers Ed Cunningham and Rod Gilmore got into a discussion before Friday's Chick-fil-A Bowl about Gilmore's wife's election as mayor of Alameda, CA. When Edwards tried to add something, Franklin said, "Why don't you leave this to the boys, sweetcakes." She stood up for herself, replying, "don't call me sweetcakes, I don't like being talked to like that." His response: "okay then, asshole."

To their credit, ESPN officials tried to pull Franklin from the Chick-fil-A Bowl, but they couldn't find a replacement. They did succeed in pulling him from the next day's Fiesta Bowl. The network wouldn't directly comment on his future employment status, but they said in a statement, "We're not going to get into specifics other than to say adhering to our personal conduct policies and showing respect for colleagues are of the utmost importance to our company and we take them extremely seriously." But Franklin continued to work for the network after another sexist comment back in 2005. Here's ESPN ombudsman George Solomon's account of that event:

On Oct. 1, according to the Chicago Tribune, sideline reporter Holly Rowe lauded Purdue defensive coordinator Brock Spack for using all three timeouts on defense despite trailing by four touchdowns late in the game. "If the coaches are giving up," Rowe added, "what does that say to the players?" Play-by-play commentator Ron Franklin responded: "Holly, it's not giving up.

It's 49-21, sweetheart." Franklin's comment, and demeaning tone, in response to Rowe's legitimate observation was disrespectful to the audience and to a colleague. "It was an inappropriate comment, and we've communicated that to Ron," said Mo Davenport, senior coordinating producer for college football. "There's never a reason to say something so mean-spirited. Ron apologized. We dealt with it internally."

Clearly whatever internal action ESPN took wasn't enough to keep Franklin from offending again. And his second offense wasn't just a slip of the tongue — he was clearly trying to shut down a female reporter and keep her out of the conversation (the fact that it was a conversation about female mayor makes the whole thing extra-bizarre). Back in 2005, Solomon said, "Play-by-play commentators need to take sideline reporters — many of whom are women — more seriously. So does ESPN, which needs to give these reporters more airtime and more serious issues to address."

Obviously they still have a ways to go. They could start with a zero tolerance policy for announcers who don't respect their female colleagues. They also need to take a serious look at the culture of sports reporting and what they can do to improve it. ESPN has screwed up in the past, but now they have an opportunity to acknowledge sexism within their ranks and actually change things. For the sake of all women in sports journalism, let's hope they do so.
Update: Jeannine Edwards tells USA Today's Game On! blog that Franklin called her "sweet baby," not "sweetcakes." Also (like Jenn Sterger and Ines Sainz) she says she didn't report the incident to ESPN herself — a coworker did instead.

Franklin To Female ESPNer: ‘Sweetcakes', ‘A–hole' [Sports By Brooks]
Jeannine Edwards: Ron Franklin Called Me 'Sweet Baby,' Not 'Sweet Cakes' [USA Today Game On! Blog]

Read more: http://jezebel.com/5723357/espn-anno...#ixzz1A1fkxrPC
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #60
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Angry FROM THE PROP 8 TRIAL TRACKER

Entertainment media and the distance we have to go
By Adam Bink

A colleague brought up the interesting point the other week about which I’ve been pondering in the wake of the SNL anti-trans skit (we can’t embed the video here due to tech reasons, but you can see it in John’s post). He made the point that the entertainment media landscape had changed from years and years ago — GLAAD had essentially fulfilled their mission of getting more gay and lesbian characters on TV, showing loving gay/lesbian couples on TV, making gay struggles like those of Kurt Hummel on Glee accessible and sympathetic to the rest of America.

But then we have moments like this, where SNL has men with facial hair and dresses, meant to represent transgender women, in mock estrogen replacement commericals. And it reminds us we have a long way to go on the “T” side of “LGBT” in many, many facets of America.

The other thing I would say is that we have talked a lot about violent rhetoric contributing to politically-motivated violence here in America. I had a conversation with a friend yesterday about the brutal and often dangerous treatment of transgender detainees in immigration detention. Mocking and dehumanizing transgender people like this is the same thing- if you mock people as confused, stupid as silly, and laugh at them on TV, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that’s how they’re treated in real life.

GLAAD’s statement is below.

This Saturday, on an airing of Saturday Night Live, NBC (a subsidiary of Comcast) broadcast a dangerous and blatantly transphobic segment which they called ‘Estro-Maxxx’ – the punchline of which was the lives of countless transgender people across the country.

The piece was a mock commercial for estrogen replacement therapy and featured men with facial hair wearing dresses, meant to represent transgender women. This segment cannot be defended as “just a joke” because there was no “joke” to speak of. The attempted comedy of the skit hinges solely on degrading the lives and experiences of transgender women. Holding people up for ridicule simply on the basis of their identity fuels a dangerous and hurtful climate and puts people in danger, especially given how infrequently the media shines a fair and accurate light on the lives of transgender people.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation calls upon Comcast and NBC to apologize and remove the segment from Hulu and all future airings of the show.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: