Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good morning fellow dykes and lez sisters!

I not only love biceps but abs and that "V" that most of us never get.

That V-shape on the lower abdomen that very lean body mass folks get that points down to the golden triangle of love...

Pink had it for a while before she had her baby.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #182
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default wake up!

I'm a dyke. Here's two other dykes:

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #183
bcelly1894
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
sb
Relationship Status:
Single

bcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputation

the word dyke to me is just empowering and sexy at the same time.
bcelly1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bcelly1894 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #184
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation

I am a leaky Dyke .. well when i dream that is
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanieClarke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #185
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieClarke View Post
I am a leaky Dyke .. well when i dream that is
Some of us leak when we're not dreaming

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #186
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I claim lesbian been one all my life. Most of my life I been attracted to stone butches,butches, i even had mad crushes on femmes when I was younger. I'm just me. As I get older I appreciate all people. But I would have to say proudly Iam a LESBIAN.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #187
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread.

It was over a year ago that I posted in here and not many have posted since.

Thanks Kat for reviving it. Have a great day

For me:

I am a Lesbian.

I am not stone.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #188
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Representin'

HOLLA!!!!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #189
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Bringing this back up with a bigger font

Btw, Elsie Publishing Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Currently, Ambitious Amazons is updating their Contact Dyke listing. If you want to be added to their list, do it before November 30. I am on their CD List

Lesbian Connection, aka LC, is a magazine I have subscribed to for years.
It arrives quarterly in my mailbox in an indiscreet manila envelope!
It is a quick read with only 50 pages. They are reprinting the series "Dykes to Watch out For"
The subscription fee is sliding scale free to anyone world wide and $42 suggested donation.
Donations and gift subscriptions are appreciated!
I am not on the staff, I am just worried that without support, this little rag will vanish as has the woman's bookstores that use to be.

Elsie Publishing

EPI
PO Box 811
East
Lansing, Mi 48826
(517)371-5257 (M-F) noon- 6pm ET
elsiepub@aol.com

www.LConline.org
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #190
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Bringing this back up with a bigger font

Btw, Elsie Publishing Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Currently, Ambitious Amazons is updating their Contact Dyke listing. If you want to be added to their list, do it before November 30. I am on their CD List

Lesbian Connection, aka LC, is a magazine I have subscribed to for years.
It arrives quarterly in my mailbox in an indiscreet manila envelope!
It is a quick read with only 50 pages. They are reprinting the series "Dykes to Watch out For"
The subscription fee is sliding scale free to anyone world wide and $42 suggested donation.
Donations and gift subscriptions are appreciated!
I am not on the staff, I am just worried that without support, this little rag will vanish as has the woman's bookstores that use to be.

Elsie Publishing

EPI
PO Box 811
East
Lansing, Mi 48826
(517)371-5257 (M-F) noon- 6pm ET
elsiepub@aol.com

www.LConline.org
Thanks OS,

I remember how many publications there were when I first came out that are now defunct. Lesbian Tide, Lesbian News, On Our Backs (one of my personal favorites, ahem...)

I made a contribution to the Connection.

Thanks for the reminder.

~Washington Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #191
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Thanks OS,

I remember how many publications there were when I first came out that are now defunct. Lesbian Tide, Lesbian News, On Our Backs (one of my personal favorites, ahem...)

Thanks for the reminder.

Great! I just visited the website for the 1st time. I see they take Paypal! I always look for the plain envelope. I don't know how they have made it, I am glad they have and that they still will send it free to anyone unable to afford the donation....Anywhere in the world, I think. Now that is a community service.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #192
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Thanks OS,

Thanks for the reminder.
On Our Backs was one of my faves as well - was so sorry to see that one go!

I remember being a baby dyke in the US Navy, living & stationed in San Diego, sitting in Club Bombay (which is gone now too, sadly), the local lesbian bar and reading the latest issue of that mag .... Sigh.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #193
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
On Our Backs was one of my faves as well - was so sorry to see that one go!

I remember being a baby dyke in the US Navy, living & stationed in San Diego, sitting in Club Bombay (which is gone now too, sadly), the local lesbian bar and reading the latest issue of that mag .... Sigh.
Yep, same here....though not in the military. I would head to the Phase on Friday night, the nation's oldest continuous lesbian bar, to pick up the Washington Blade....and play some pool
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #194
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Man, the memories that just produced ..... the DJ knew me and whenever I went to the bar, as soon as I walked in, she would play Melissa Etheridge's Like The Way I Do because it was my favorite; and my friends and I would sing that song at the top of our baby dyke lungs while the older dykes watched us with those knowing smiles on their faces ...

Now I *am* one of those older dykes who smiles at the younger generation when I see them out and about .... lol, a complete circle.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #195
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

parker mentions melissa etheridge. what a trail she has left, and still kickin' it. we are fortunate to have her.

i don't know what it is with me, but so many times i've not liked people in my life when first meeting or seeing. and wouldn't like them for a long time after lol. but then somewhere down the line i fall for them. they become a major influence. i've done this with quite a few folks, ... etheridge is one. a butch friend had a huge admiration for her and i followed.

i remember as a teenager searching for songs with she and her, pronouns. or no pronouns. etheridge gave that to me. the lesbian community owes a lot to her. she will influence for years to come. think of all those that will search for someone like me and find etheridge.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #196
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Man, the memories that just produced ..... the DJ knew me and whenever I went to the bar, as soon as I walked in, she would play Melissa Etheridge's Like The Way I Do because it was my favorite; and my friends and I would sing that song at the top of our baby dyke lungs while the older dykes watched us with those knowing smiles on their faces ...

Now I *am* one of those older dykes who smiles at the younger generation when I see them out and about .... lol, a complete circle.
This post made me teary!

I too, remember those days- not the baby dyke days, well, other than making my heart beat faster, looking at the baby and older dykes; but the days when it was all so new and exciting.

Those were really the best days of first coming out. Finding that missing piece of me, that I could finally feel like there was a place for me and that I was not strange or weird.

Being held in another woman's arms and feeling not only the heat that I had never felt with bio men but the true joy that bubbled up inside myself.

The clubs were where I really felt, for the first time, that I was home.

My people. My tribe. My women.

~Washington Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #197
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Reminds me of when I first started going to the monthly dances in Wellington - DOODs dykes out of debt. There was a committee and they would decide who to allocate funds to. I don't think it's going anymore

I remember, maybe the first one I attended, standing there looking around me and thinking, "wow, this is like being in a lolly shop, only it's lesbians, not lollies".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #198
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

This is part of my lesbian history. Mostly guys, but we went there too.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #199
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

I am glad I was a baby dyke long before the internet.
It felt like I'd joined a secret adventure club! Decoding the bar names, learning which softball leagues to play in, rugby tournaments, the earring placement and language games and nicknames....It seemed more exciting than "googling in isolation" will ever be. I'm glad it's less difficult now.

Odd how being an "out" lesbian-identified-lesbian has become subversive again. I loved Off (and On) Our Backs.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #200
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, and Sinister Wisdom. Remember that? Taught me a lot.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: