Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #161
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney

The inspiration and titular character of Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk is modeled after real-life ad copywriter and poet, Margaret Fishback. Lillian Boxfish author Kathleen Rooney offers us a fascinating glimpse of a woman who was far ahead of her time, taking to print to declare that she didn't need a husband to support her. Starting out as a school teacher, Fishback took on a job at the lower rungs of copywriting at the prestigious department store R. H. Macy's (today referred to simply as Macy's) but quickly rose through the ranks, eventually becoming chief copywriter. She was a highly paid woman in the advertising world of the 1930s, a time when the Great Depression firmly had its grip over the United States.

It just arrived yesterday, so hopefully I'll start it soon!
I started it and am enjoying it, but during this upheaval I must admit I have trouble concentrating!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:33 PM   #162
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

The inspiration and titular character of Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk is modeled after real-life ad copywriter and poet, Margaret Fishback. Lillian Boxfish author Kathleen Rooney offers us a fascinating glimpse of a woman who was far ahead of her time, taking to print to declare that she didn't need a husband to support her. Starting out as a school teacher, Fishback took on a job at the lower rungs of copywriting at the prestigious department store R. H. Macy's (today referred to simply as Macy's) but quickly rose through the ranks, eventually becoming chief copywriter. She was a highly paid woman in the advertising world of the 1930s, a time when the Great Depression firmly had its grip over the United States.

I'm enjoying it very much and for some reason the narrator's voice puts me in mind of Mad Men's Peggy Olson reflecting on her career and telling her story at 85............
Old 05-04-2020, 06:37 AM   #163
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I finished this book today and enjoyed it immensely!

My regret is never having been to NYC so I could of visualized the streets and areas she come across on her 3 miles plus walk on New Years Eve.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #164
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bulletproof Butches

Chea Villanueva's Bulletproof Butches has been helping me get through quarantine. I love how proudly butch the author is and the frankness with which she writes lesbian desire.

Almost very single character is a butch or femme!

It's also cool that she focuses exclusively on the experiences of women of color, particularly Filipina butches and femmes. I feel it definitely fills a void in the B/F literary cannon.
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 PM   #165
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Chea Villanueva's Bulletproof Butches has been helping me get through quarantine. I love how proudly butch the author is and the frankness with which she writes lesbian desire.

Almost very single character is a butch or femme!

It's also cool that she focuses exclusively on the experiences of women of color, particularly Filipina butches and femmes. I feel it definitely fills a void in the B/F literary cannon.
Clementine, if you're a television viewer check out Vida on the STARZ network. It"s a drama series about two Mexican-American siblings, one a lesbian the other not, from East Los Angeles. Pretty good stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #166
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Clementine, if you're a television viewer check out Vida on the STARZ network. It"s a drama series about two Mexican-American siblings, one a lesbian the other not, from East Los Angeles. Pretty good stuff!
Thanks so much for the recommendation, homoe!! I'll check it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 12:03 PM   #167
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default Massacre of the Dreamers

Ana Castillo's Massacre of the Dreamers is phenomenal. Highly recommend it for anyone interested in Chicana/Xicana feminism.

I really appreciate that she digs much deeper than European-introduced patriarchal religion as the source of sexism and machismo; she goes back thousands of years to pre-Conquest society.

It's a little depressing to know just how long women have been subjugated, especially since there's this myth of tons of matriarchal societies in the pre-Columbian era, but I think it's important to understand.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #168
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Just picked up..........

~~
If It Bleeds by Stephen King..
Old 06-05-2020, 12:25 PM   #169
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

"Shut up and Listen"
by Tilman Fertitta
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #170
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Disloyal: A Memoir: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump

Loved it!

It was a fast read and ,at least to me, it was easy to visualize certain events he described!
Old 10-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #171
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Serial killers of jack smith ☺
i always loved to read or watch shows about them; not being ironic or sarcastic but there's things to learn
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote