Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #581
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,589 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
There is absolutely no way football can or should be played during this pandemic!
Thanksgiving is not going to feel the same without all the cheers The bands and parades ~ lordy ~
Old 08-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #582
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 29,842 Times in 13,199 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Seahawks football is back: Here’s how the first practice of an unusual training camp looked...

Quote:
There is absolutely no way football can or should be played during this pandemic!
RENTON — Many of the usual trappings were there for a typical first day of Seahawks training camp.DJ SupaSam spun tunes as players eagerly took to the glistening grass fields at the VMAC. Seahawks training camp was painted brightly on the berm.Pete Carroll performed his usual early practice custom of tossing a few passes, still able to fire strikes a month shy of his 69th birthday.

The practice that followed — the first official practice of the season for the Seahawks — looked like any other early training-camp workout, with early special-teams work, individual drills and offensive and defensive team periods.But a closer look at Carroll revealed this is no usual training camp.

Throughout the practice, Carroll wore a mask, as did every other coach and staff member, and even a few players, though many went without, one of the many protocols in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

And other than the music, the usual hum of training camp was gone. The tents that usually host hundreds of fans have been converted into outdoor weight rooms and training centers. Tents where radio hosts generally conduct pre-practice player interviews were empty.

Carroll most noticed the absence of the din of the usual 2,500 fans or so piled onto the berm and around the back of the fields. Missing were the kids who regularly line the fence hoping for an autograph from Russell Wilson or their favorite Seahawk.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ampaign=634647
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 09:52 PM   #583
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued
Preferred Pronoun?:
ks-

Thanked 1,947 Times in 507 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's Time to Tell a New Story About Covid*...a social perspective

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...inition-covid/
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #584
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Bum
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Social Distancing

Thanked 14,628 Times in 2,389 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
Excellent article, thank you for the perspective.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #585
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 29,842 Times in 13,199 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
To watch this clip click on the "watch on YouTube:

How can you practice safe distancing in this sport!?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #586
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 104,861 Times in 24,556 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
this virus is a double edged sword.
More like a Medieval mace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I forgot to add, if you wear gloves remember don't touch your face with your gloved hands.

Masks make me touch my face more than I would like because they slip all around. That is a problem I haven't figured out yet. I keep saying don't touch your face to myself, but when the mask blocks my eyes I don't have a choice. I can't see. I don't know if it's just me but I have a hell of a time with masks slipping around. My wife complains about it too so probably not just me.
They slip because they don't have a snug fit. If you have the type that loops around your ears, fold the ear loop so it comes to a point and tie a small rubber band around the folded tips of each ear. That will pull the mask more tightly to your face and it won't travel. The rubber bands aren't irritating, either. Two of my masks are like this and I have to do that to keep them from traveling all over my face.

Also, if you wear glasses, tuck the top of the mask on your nose bridge and then put your glasses on top. It helps to keep the vision part of it a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post

We could have been NZ,but no dumbo is following Trump,coz he has been such a sucess.

New Zealand is having a resurgence now after 3 months of containment so no one is safe anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #587
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Bum
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Social Distancing

Thanked 14,628 Times in 2,389 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
They slip because they don't have a snug fit. If you have the type that loops around your ears, fold the ear loop so it comes to a point and tie a small rubber band around the folded tips of each ear. That will pull the mask more tightly to your face and it won't travel. The rubber bands aren't irritating, either. Two of my masks are like this and I have to do that to keep them from traveling all over my face.
*snipped a bit*

I thought I would put in my .02 on fit. I just found this a couple of days ago and it really works:

I like using the disposables instead of washing, I know a new one is clean.. With the better fit I feel better about these indoors.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #588
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 8,571 Times in 2,525 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
*snipped a bit*

I thought I would put in my .02 on fit. I just found this a couple of days ago and it really works:

I like using the disposables instead of washing, I know a new one is clean.. With the better fit I feel better about these indoors.
Oh thanks that works really great! I was worried because I'm down to one disposable and didn't want to mess it up but I'm not going out before I see family again and I do have a really uncomfortable suffocating washable one to use as back up so gave it a shot. To my surprise it works perfectly. I worried it would make the mask too tight, hurt my ears but now that it's not slipping around I can see the pain/discomfort before was more about it moving around and tugging at my ears than the mask being too tight.

What's really nice I've got a good seal now. Before I had of course the gaping open sides but because things were sliding and shifting around all the time the metal nose piece wasn't helping keep the mask in place at all creating gaps up there too. Now my mask stays in place and when I pinch the nose piece it feels comfortable and actually does its job. Also the mask is pleated and now that it's staying in place I'm able to pull it out a bit in the front away from my face without creating even larger gaps on the sides.

Not having it flat against my face and tugging at my ears makes it easier to breath in, exhale. I can even move my mouth around, speak freely, yawn without losing a good fit, having it slide all over. With the tiny bit of gap still on the sides I'm not suffocating am actually very comfortable. Before I couldn't see how I could wear one of these during a regular work day but I can see myself doing this comfortably for an 8-10 hour shift. Now working 12s or pulling a doubles I don't know about that but still huge improvement!
FireSignFemme is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: