Old 08-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #901
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

The idea that Biden is a weaker candidate than Clinton is absurd. A lot of that is thanks to good old sexism, but Biden is polling much better than Clinton ever did at her peak.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-at-her-peak/

Also, states like Texas and Georgia were never in play for Clinton.

Also, Biden is taking votes away white working class, suburban, and older voters from Trump - largely due to his horrible handling of COVID-19, but again what makes Biden a strong candidate is because he does appeal to voters who might peel away from Trump. The idea that Biden is a weak candidate is so completely absurd. It makes me laugh and very angry at the same time.

Trump will indeed try to cheat in every way possible and we do need to take it very, very seriously. But we need to back that up with action not just doom and gloom. It is up to us to fight against it in every way possible to take our country back.

Like Katchen, I play to vote early. In the past, I have voted in person on the day of the election or voted by mail when I lived in Oregon. When I mailed in my ballot I often did it at the last minute. There is no way I would do that this year, even though I live in a state where there won't be any hijinks. Our early voting starts on October 6 and I will be mailing in my ballot as soon as possible after that to make sure it is there well ahead of time. Or I might drop it off in town if we have somewhere to do it - I need to check on that.

Things you can do:

- Support Biden and all our Democrats on the ballot - now until election day. Bashing is NOT HELPFUL. We don't need a repeat of 2016.

- Check to make sure you are registered - even if you think you are. Encourage others to do the same.

- Vote as early as possible - by mail or in person. Encourage others to do the same. Help people understand the process, give rides to the polls, etc.

- If there is a way to check your ballot after you have voted - do so. A friend of mine had his rejected in Washington state in the primaries due to a signature issue. He was able to check the status of his ballot online and when he discovered there was an issue he was able to get it straightened out.

- There is a good chance we won't know the outcome on election night. Don't panic. A lot of Democrat votes will end up being counted later. That happened in the blue wave of 2018. People need to be educated on this.

We can overcome!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 03:01 PM   #902
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for your post Bulldog, and Cin too!

It has been less than 4 weeks and already, T---P's puppet at USPS has ousted every person with tenure and seniority so that they can upend USPS as a vital way for American's to cast their vote.

It is definitely a serious situation. An " All Hands On Deck" rally cry.
<<<<<~~ x5 alarm fire call for help.

I also read today that Biden's VP pick will be between two candidares. Rice or Harris.

Harris for the win, Rice to serve in Biden's cabinet?

It is such a cliff-hanger.

Also, i wonder if Stacy Abrams will possibly use her voting organization to help provide safe ways for voter's votes to be delivered, if possible?

So little time, with big BIG problems brewing every second of the day that ticks by.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #903
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The idea that Biden is a weak candidate is so completely absurd. It makes me laugh and very angry at the same time.
That's just the person who wrote the article's opinion. Everybody has one. I would go with laughing if I were you. Very angry is just a waste of energy. Someone's opinion doesn't make it a reality. Nor will someone's opinion decide the election.

I did find some interesting thoughts in the article. The thing about Trump contesting the election and electoral college results and demanding a vote in the House as the 12th amendment allows is one. Supposedly more state delegations are under Republican control despite a democratic majority in the House.

This might be the most important election in my lifetime. As was stated in the article "Democrats need a huge turnout to undo the impact of so-called “spoiled ballots,” electronic vote machine theft and the removal of Democratic voters, i.e. Black people, from the rolls." It is imperative that people vote anyway they can.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #904
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
This might be the most important election in my lifetime.
Yes, exactly that's why I tried to compile a list of things people can do. And there are others.

I have plenty of energy and I am DONE with the bashing of our Democratic Presidential nominee. Done. Done. Done.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #905
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Thanks for your post Bulldog, and Cin too!

It has been less than 4 weeks and already, T---P's puppet at USPS has ousted every person with tenure and seniority so that they can upend USPS as a vital way for American's to cast their vote.

It is definitely a serious situation. An " All Hands On Deck" rally cry.
<<<<<~~ x5 alarm fire call for help.

I also read today that Biden's VP pick will be between two candidares. Rice or Harris.

Harris for the win, Rice to serve in Biden's cabinet?

It is such a cliff-hanger.

Also, i wonder if Stacy Abrams will possibly use her voting organization to help provide safe ways for voter's votes to be delivered, if possible?

So little time, with big BIG problems brewing every second of the day that ticks by.
FOX News has already cranked the Benghazi siren back up, Rice is not a good choice. It needs to be Harris!
Old 08-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #906
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts...

I dont watch Fox news at all.

But as long as its a freaking GIANT BLUE WAVE that runs that horrible person and his cronies out of town, this is what matters most to me.

_____ ______
Old 08-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #907
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Default Kamala Harris Is VP Pick

Joe Biden has announced his VP choice. It is Kamala Harris.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1293280411150217219

My two picks were Susan Rice and Kamala Harris. There is less controversy surrounding Harris (although the Benghazi crap is ridiculous it is there) and she is an excellent pick. I'm happy and excited for the virtual convention next week!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #908
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i have no idea but i would be strangely happy with that

Not in a political way, though. Like in a kinky way.
Quote:
Ditto for Harris

I can't go supporting vp candidates just based on whether i would want to have a scene with them* though

It's like the people who voted for W bc he'd be more fun to have a beer with.

* Stacy Abrams is not in this category bc i saw her speak at my conference and now i feel like we're BFFs

Therefore i'd be all set with any of them
HARRIS!!!!!!

I AM FINALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN
Old 08-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #909
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
HARRIS!!!!!!

ME 22222222222 YEAH !!!! I wish I could do back flips i'm so excited for the Biden & Harris ticket !! Trump must be sooo angry ~ his nightmare is comming true ~
Old 08-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #910
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Joe Biden has announced his VP choice. It is Kamala Harris.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1293280411150217219

My two picks were Susan Rice and Kamala Harris. There is less controversy surrounding Harris (although the Benghazi crap is ridiculous it is there) and she is an excellent pick. I'm happy and excited for the virtual convention next week!
Hey, that is good news! Bulldog? I know you are busy these days, but if possible, would you post a few highlights from the virtual DNC Convention? For those of us like me whp might not get to hear it or see it? Please, and thank you.

I am excited too. Hoorah for team Biden & Harris.

_____ ______
Old 08-11-2020, 09:36 PM   #911
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Hey, that is good news! Bulldog? I know you are busy these days, but if possible, would you post a few highlights from the virtual DNC Convention? For those of us like me whp might not get to hear it or see it? Please, and thank you.

I am excited too. Hoorah for team Biden & Harris.
Yes Katchen will do!

I just finished watching Rachel Maddow and learned a few interesting things about Kamala Harris that I didn't know.

First, in 2011, in her first year as AG in California, she was working with other states to try to get a settlement from the big banks for the foreclosure crisis for their states. The banks offered a settlement but she turned it down and withdrew California from the negotiations because she said it was too small. She took a lot of heat for it. But then her and Beau Biden (AG of Delaware and late son of Joe Biden) and other AGs worked out a settlement that was much better. Standing firm - reminds me of Nancy Pelosi!

Also, an interesting guest on Rachel's show was a long-time public defender named Niki Solis who faced off against Harris many times. She has written an op-ed and also talked on Rachel's show about how Harris' record as California DA has not been discussed accurately and that Harris is a progressive and she wants to set the record straight even though Harris was on the opposing side of her.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3334668001/

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #912
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Yes Katchen will do!

I just finished watching Rachel Maddow and learned a few interesting things about Kamala Harris that I didn't know.

First, in 2011, in her first year as AG in California, she was working with other states to try to get a settlement from the big banks for the foreclosure crisis for their states. The banks offered a settlement but she turned it down and withdrew California from the negotiations because she said it was too small. She took a lot of heat for it. But then her and Beau Biden (AG of Delaware and late son of Joe Biden) and other AGs worked out a settlement that was much better. Standing firm - reminds me of Nancy Pelosi!

Also, an interesting guest on Rachel's show was a long-time public defender named Niki Solis who faced off against Harris many times. She has written an op-ed and also talked on Rachel's show about how Harris' record as California DA has not been discussed accurately and that Harris is a progressive and she wants to set the record straight even though Harris was on the opposing side of her.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3334668001/
Oh, wow, I did not know that about Kamala Harris at all and thanks so much for sharing what you learned about her.

V e r y Interesting!

So, See? Harris has a good track record on things not readily remembered or were not covered much in the news, years ago. And I like that Niki Solis can attest to her character and how Harris' record as a DA in California has not been accurately portrayed. That's a big deal, not only for Harris, but for other public servants, elected - appointed - or otherwise, who have not been given credit where it is due, etc.

So that is positive news to learn about tonight.

I thank you, as others will most likely thank you too!

I suspect until November gets here, that the battle lines are drawn and that little to no missteps will take place and that nothing but a biggo giant GREEN LIGHT beams brightly for the Democratic Party and for new beginnings under highly qualified leadership of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Indeed, excitement abounds.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-11-2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typos
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #913
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
HARRIS!!!!!!

I ain’t excited, but I’m happy with this choice. Yes, this is the way to the mountain top and am hoping this helps us get there.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #914
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Wow!! I just listened to Joe Biden and Kamala (Momma-la) Harris in their 1st appearance, live streamed via ABC news.

I got shivers, felt relief that we have two outstanding people to lead our country out of the dark situation that the GOP/TP administration has done to us all and to global partnering countries (our allies).

What a great message of introduction to listener's everywhere.

Can't wait to hear more good news!

_____ ______
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #915
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kamala Harris’s Cultural Impact

Kamala Harris’s Cultural Impact

Biden’s pick for vice president comes with important advantages, but also some complexities.

By Charles M. Blow, Opinion Columist, New York Times

Senator Kamala Harris spoke with reporters after the first Democratic presidential primary debate, in Miami in 2019. Damon Winter/The New York Times

Joe Biden’s selection of Kamala Harris, the daughter of a Jamaican father and a South Asian mother, both immigrants, is both historic and inspiring.

Biden had an embarrassment of riches among his options. Any of the women among the top contenders, including other Black and Asian women, could have been an impressive choice.

But, Harris comes with the benefit of being tough as nails, a true fighter, and one who has already been tested in this cycle on the trail.

But, it’s important to assess not only the impact of her policy positions and credentials, but also the cultural resonance of her selection. She is the first Black woman in such a position on a major party ticket, one who embraces her mixed race heritage. That comes with important advantages, but also some complexities.

First, let me condition all that follows by plainly asserting this: I wish that policy was the primary driver of all our electoral decisions, and that personality, personal story and passions were minimal considerations. But wishful thinking is precisely what that is. Unfortunately, sadly, the presentation of a candidate matters to an enormous degree in our elections.

That said, one thing Harris brings to the ticket is the enthusiasm she generates, and that is no small thing. One misstep Hillary Clinton made in 2016 was the selection of Tim Kaine as her running mate. No matter how nice a person he was or how strong his résumé or how great the chemistry was between the two, his selection as her vice president plopped down like a wet rag. There was no real enthusiasm around the pick.

Harris arrives with an abundance of enthusiasm, sorely needed by Biden, especially among those who relish inclusion. She is a smart, accomplished woman who will no doubt appeal to many other women, particularly when the inevitable sexist attacks begins.

But sexism is a stubborn and insidious thing in society, and the benefit the ticket gets from her being a woman may be counterbalanced by the shadowy gender bias that helped undermine Clinton.

Harris’s mixed-race, daughter-of-immigrants, interracial (her husband is white) marriage story also has appeal, particularly in America’s big liberal cities that attract many immigrants. She is also multiracial at a time when numbers of people identifying as such are on the ascent, especially in the West, where Harris is from.

In the South, her amazing, very American story, could find some resistance from those who look askance at it, even if they never verbalize it. The southern states, with the notable exceptions of Texas and Florida, have the fewest immigrants and their residents are the most opposed to interracial marriage.

Most southern states aren’t swing states, but it seems to me that while voting matters most within states, the amorphous “feelings” people get about a candidate, positive or negative, transcend states and wash over the whole country.

As with many mixed-race people in America, Harris has made identity choices that link her to particular parts of herself, finding a way to make a oneness of twoness.

Harris chose to attend a historically black university and enter a prominent and powerful Black sorority. This positioning should place her in good stead with many Black people, particularly women. But that must be weighed against the fact that some other Black people, particularly Black men, still have real reservations over her record as a prosecutor.

This is something to keep an eye on. Although Black people as a group consistently vote overwhelmingly for Democratic presidential candidates, a gap between Black men and Black women has been growing in recent elections. According to exit polls in 2008, that gap was just one percentage point. In 2012, it was nine percentage points. In 2016 it was 12 percentage points.

Over that period, Black women’s support of the Democratic candidate held relatively steady, from 96 to 94 percent. It was the support of Black men that fell appreciably.

Harris’s record in the Senate has been exemplary, including on the issue of social justice. If she were just being judged by this chapter of her life and not the previous, this would all be a nonissue. But, of course we know, that will not be the case.

Trump believes that it is among Black men that he can shift the math a few percentage points with his focus on the economy, his own steps on criminal justice reform and his demonizing Latin American immigrants as threats to Black prosperity. Even the odd foray by Kanye West plays into this.

Furthermore, it would be a mistake to overplay a connection between the recent racial justice and police reform protesters and Harris. They may not be on the same page as she is. In some cases, they are on opposite pages. They are protesting a system that Harris was part of. Biden, with his problematic record on criminal justice, is already an issue.

And while Harris’s sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha, is indeed powerful within the Black community, the Black sorority and fraternity class is not always aligned with the Black activist class.

Many civil rights leaders of the 1960s were members of historically black fraternities and sororities — the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Ralph Abernathy, Jesse Jackson, Thurgood Marshall. But for decades now, including when I was in college, there has been a real tension between young activists and these Greek-letter organizations. Spike Lee illustrated this tension beautifully in his movie “School Daze.”

The Greek-lettered groups are seen by many as elitist and out of touch, not at the vanguard of the fight. (I became a member of one of these groups in college.)

Months of campaigning are still ahead of us and only the election result will truly tell us about the impact of Harris’s being chosen by Biden, but it’s wise to avoid oversimplifying from the start. Harris, like any politician and any person, is complex and her addition to the ticket will come with pros and cons, even among Democrats, even among Black people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/o...gtype=Homepage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 01:00 PM   #916
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default Interesting Op-ed today over on CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/opini...dup/index.html

The link above is to a very interesting and thought provoking article, ideas offered by certain Democratic Party members. Several were interviewed about what they feel should happen to help the Democratic Party develop and take a stronger stand, politically.

I agree, with many views expressed within today's Op-ed.

Democrats should go big. Go big in terms of addressing social grievances and stand up for policy changes in fundamental ways, rather than incremental change.

This is a big deal, I think, for American citizens, during this Presidential election, no matter where a voter sits on the voting spectrum.

Thought I would leave the link here today, in case others might like reading this article.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #917
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Exclamation Democratic Party Convention Starts Tonight!

The Democratic Convention runs from Monday, August 17 to Thursday, August 20 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern

ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox News will carry the convention from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night.

C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC and PBS will cover the full two hours each night.

Livestream at the official website or the Youtube channel (I believe there are also other live streams).

https://www.demconvention.com/watch-the-convention/

https://www.youtube.com/demconvention (you should be able to watch the videos later if you can't catch them live).

Schedule

Monday: Speakers include Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders, James Clyburn, Andrew Cuomo, Gretchen Whitmer, Amy Klobuchar & more

I'm really looking forward to Michelle Obama's talk, so I'm glad she's on Monday!

Tuesday: Includes Jill Biden, Bill Clinton, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sally Yates, Chuck Schumer, John Kerry

Wednesday - Kamala Harris accepts Nomination for Vice President

Speakers include Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Gabby Giffords, and of course Kamala Harris

Thursday - Joe Biden accepts Nomination for President

Speakers include: Joe Biden & family, Pete Buttigieg, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Cory Booker, Tammy Baldwin, Tammy Duckworth, Andrew Yang

This will definitely be different. They have a lot of speakers and musical entertainment crammed into these 2-hour segments so I guess everything will be pretty short. Better than nothing!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #918
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The Democratic Convention runs from Monday, August 17 to Thursday, August 20 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern

ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox News will carry the convention from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night.

C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC and PBS will cover the full two hours each night.

Livestream at the official website or the Youtube channel (I believe there are also other live streams).

https://www.demconvention.com/watch-the-convention/

https://www.youtube.com/demconvention (you should be able to watch the videos later if you can't catch them live).

Schedule

Monday: Speakers include Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders, James Clyburn, Andrew Cuomo, Gretchen Whitmer, Amy Klobuchar & more

I'm really looking forward to Michelle Obama's talk, so I'm glad she's on Monday!

Tuesday: Includes Jill Biden, Bill Clinton, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sally Yates, Chuck Schumer, John Kerry

Wednesday - Kamala Harris accepts Nomination for Vice President

Speakers include Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Gabby Giffords, and of course Kamala Harris

Thursday - Joe Biden accepts Nomination for President

Speakers include: Joe Biden & family, Pete Buttigieg, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Cory Booker, Tammy Baldwin, Tammy Duckworth, Andrew Yang

This will definitely be different. They have a lot of speakers and musical entertainment crammed into these 2-hour segments so I guess everything will be pretty short. Better than nothing!
Thanks for leaving an update and links too. I will definitely be watching and listening.

I read another interesting Op-ed over on CNN. Apparently, T---P can be arraigned on criminal charges if he refuses to vacate the WH if American's kick him out of office. There is a clause in the US Constitution, amendment 22 or 28? If Capt Chaos and his minions wont leave, then Speaker of The House, Nancy Pelosi is installed as Interim President, and then T---P will be charged with treason (...).

CNN OP-Ed: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/opini...lan/index.html

I dont know if anybody else might think the same way I do, but I do not like it that once a person has served as POTUS, they they seem to still be on some type of payroll for compensation the rest of their lives. I am not down with that practice. Especially since T---P will be collecting money off the backs of tax payers for the rest of his life. (Gross Injustice no. 1, among many).

But thanks for the links Bulldog!!

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #919
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Well, I liked day 1. I liked how they wove different types of content togeher and showed a lot from ordinary people and not just politicians.

Michelle Obama's speech was outstanding. I'm just in awe.

My second favorite was the part they did on Joe riding Amtrack every day and the connections he made with the workers and people on the train. Quintessential Joe.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 06:27 AM   #920
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Watching the DNC and RNC? Here’s where to find coverage.

Watching the DNC and RNC? Here’s where to find coverage.

Each of the major networks has laid out convention coverage plans, yet they admit they're wading into uncharted waters with 2020's atypical convention.

Chuck Todd, Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie during NBC’s coverage of the 2016 Republican National Convention. (Courtesy: NBC News)

The 2020 political conventions will be unlike anything we’ve seen before. So, what actually will we see?

Each of the major networks has laid out convention coverage plans, and yet they admit they are wading into uncharted waters with conventions that won’t look like the typical convention because of the coronavirus.

The Republican convention — moved from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Jacksonville, Florida, and then back to Charlotte — has been so scaled back that it has been relocated from an arena to a convention center. More notably, President Donald Trump announced on Aug. 10 that his acceptance speech will come from either the White House or Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

The Democratic convention, too, will look different. While anchored in Milwaukee, most of it will be held virtually.

That means we aren’t going to see the normal scenes of network anchors hunkered down inside arenas with reporters spread out all over the host city. We’re also not going to see wall-to-wall coverage on the main networks, although the networks’ streaming services will have complete convention coverage.

Here’s what the major network coverage will look like:

ABC
ABC will have programming each night of the conventions from 10 to 11 p.m. Eastern. George Stephanopoulos will lead the coverage and will be joined by “World News Tonight” anchor David Muir and “ABC News Live Prime” anchor Linsey Davis.

The coverage will be rounded out by “Nightline” anchor Byron Pitts, Martha Raddatz, correspondents Jonathan Karl, Pierre Thomas, Tom Llamas, Cecilia Vega, Terry Moran, as well as FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver and a host of correspondents.

Senior congressional correspondent Mary Bruce, White House correspondent Rachel Scott, and correspondent Alex Perez will report live from the actual conventions.

CBS
CBS News will air special convention coverage on the main network from 10 to 11 p.m. Eastern each night of the conventions. “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell will lead the coverage from the CBS studio in Washington, D.C. She will be joined there by John Dickerson, Maria Elena Salinas, Jamal Simmons and Leslie Sanchez.

Convention programming also will include “Face the Nation” moderator Margaret Brennan, political correspondent Ed O’Keefe and other correspondents Major Garrett, Weijia Jiang and Nikole Killion, as well as contributors: former Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, former Trump chief of staff Reince Priebus, former Hillary Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook, Democratic strategist Joel Payne and former Marco Rubio campaign manager Terry Sullivan.

NBC and MSNBC
NBC News will air a special report each night of the conventions from 10 to 11 p.m. Eastern. Lester Holt and Savannah Guthrie will anchor from the NBC News headquarters in New York, while Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell will be stationed at the network’s Washington bureau.

For more extensive coverage, MSNBC will be live each night from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Eastern. That includes special editions of Joy Reid’s 7 p.m. show and Chris Hayes’ 8 p.m. show. Then Reid will join Rachel Maddow and Nicolle Wallace at 9 p.m. from the New York studios. Brian Williams will take over at 11 p.m. and Ari Melber at 1 a.m. Reporters Hallie Jackson, Peter Alexander, Kristen Welker, Mike Memoli, Ali Vitali, Shaquille Brewster, Geoff Bennett, Vaughn Hillyard and Monica Alba will be stationed at various locations.

Fox News
Fox News will kick off its convention coverage on Sunday at 10 p.m. Eastern with a special “Democracy 2020: Convention Kickoff.” Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will host.

Baier and MacCallum also will co-anchor convention coverage, which, like the networks, will air nightly at 10 p.m. They will be joined by political analyst Brit Hume, “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace, “The Daily Briefing’s” Dana Perino, “The Five’s” Juan Williams and contributors Donna Brazile, Karl Rove and Katie Pavlich.

For the convention weeks, Laura Ingraham’s show will move to 11 p.m. and Shannon Bream’s show will air at midnight.

CNN
CNN will have special convention coverage from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. each day of both the DNC (Aug. 17-20) and RNC (Aug. 24-27). The special coverage will be hosted by Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper, Dana Bash, and John King, with Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon joining the conversation from midnight to 2 a.m. CNN will have reporters at both locations of the conventions.

Commentators for the DNC will include Van Jones, Jennifer Granholm, Andrew Yang, and Scott Jennings. Commentators for the RNC will include Granholm, Rick Santorum, David Urban and Amanda Carpenter.

In addition, Daniel Dale will contribute real-time fact-checking and Dr. Sanjay Gupta will provide any updates regarding the coronavirus.

PBS
Most PBS stations will have special coverage from 8 to 11 p.m. Eastern. “PBS NewsHour” anchor Judy Woodruff will anchor convention coverage from PBS’s studio in Arlington, Virginia. Coverage also will include reports and commentary from senior national correspondent Amna Nawaz, correspondent Lisa Desjardins and White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor.

Guests will include “Cook Political Report” national editor Amy Walter, syndicated columnist Mark Shields, New York Times columnist David Brooks, Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart, Washington Post national political reporter and moderator of PBS’s “Washington Week” Robert Costa, “American Greatness” editor Chris Buskirk, and former Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter.

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-ed...find-coverage/
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election