Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 03-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #41
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
I turned 68 last December. Most times I feel 19, but today - and alot lately - I'm feeling tired. But, I think it's emotional. I am - at this late stage of the game - travelling to TX to meet my sweetie for the first time. I had totatally given up, and never dreamed this would ever happen to me again, but, there you have it! When you least expect it, that ol' rascal cupid is up to his old tricks! So hey, if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone! Cheers, silver foxes and diamond doyenes, Hope springs eternal, so keep the chins up! lol

I hope much success to this thread. I will be popping in from time to time.

Would love to discuss what/how those of you who are retired are enjoying it, or how you're feeling about it. Totally retired? Semi-retired? Or still honing away at that grindstone?
Cinderella,
Look at you girl!!! I hope you have a fabulous time. Love is not all there is to life, but it makes life so much more fun and thrilling. I love that phrase you use, "diamond doyenes", sounds sexy.

Thanks for joining us. Much joy to you in meeting your tejano.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #42
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whoops, not quite 60 yet..... will be March 22. I shall return!!!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #43
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Rockin,
So sorry you've been sick. Flu is bad. I'm glad you're on the mend. Fur kids are such a comfort when you fell sick or down, aren't they? And they don't get the flu, so you don't have to worry about making them sick with what you have.

Little Rock sounds great, but we'll have to see what happens. I'm chicken to go to things like that alone. Arkansas is such a beautiful state too. I'll bet it is gorgeous in the fall.
Get better quick!
Smooches,
Keri

Now Keri,I havent been to Little Rock either,so there.Im throwing caution to the wind,packing my bags then takeing off the the goings on in Little Rock.Sometimes ya got to just go.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #44
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for the well wishes, Miss Keri. Btw, my guy is not a 'Tejano', he is a Puerto Rican (as I am) dude living in TX, originally from Boston (I am a native Newyawka, lol), so we're both from the east coast.

As for 'diamond doyenes', it is meant with great respect and admiration for ladies who know the score, and have lived to tell about it.

Quote:
Cinderella,
Look at you girl!!! I hope you have a fabulous time. Love is not all there is to life, but it makes life so much more fun and thrilling. I love that phrase you use, "diamond doyenes", sounds sexy.

Thanks for joining us. Much joy to you in meeting your tejano.
Smooches,
Keri

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #45
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Cinderella,
It is certainly a small world out there... and where loves happens is absolutely astonishing. Have the best time!
Smooches to you both,
Keri
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #46
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Rockin,
I'm proud of you for doing something that is scary to you (me too.) I hope you have a wonderful time. Stepping out of our comfort zones is so hard!
Smooches,
Keri
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #47
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hi Plenties!
Just popping in to "hi!" to y'all. I hope you had a great weekend, and wish you a happy week ahead. I spent most of the week-end working, but I did manage to catch a flick on Friday. Saw the adult comedy "Paul" about an extraterrestrial who had been held captive on earth for 60 years. It was pretty funny, but if you dislike the F-word, you'll have to keep your ears covered for most of the movie, LOL.

Cinderella - are you in Texas? Hope you are wrapped in the arms of love. Let us hear from you.

Smooches to all my peeps.
Keri
Old 03-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #48
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone
I am new to bfp and glad to see this thread for us over 60 folks. Thanks Keri for starting it. I look forward to getting aquainted here.
Jeano
mustangjeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #49
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Over 60

I am over 60. At this stage in my life - many changes are taking place. I am moving back home after being gone for 8 years. I am so looking forward to it... I hope you all have blessed days and nights and remember to stop and smell the roses...and dance...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #50
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just have to say that although this 60 year old body has its creaks, it still kicks ass!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #51
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hey A L
You're all grown up now (not!!!) So you can join us here in the "big kids" thread. Welcome again - you were always welcome.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #52
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation
Default A week from today

I will be headed back to Kansas in a U-haul...lol!!! I want all the younger people in here to know what lies ahead for them (well at least some)..I am 65 years old and notice that sometimes when I cough, I pee. I have to take Claritin for allergies (not an age thing - but they didn't hit me until my late 50's)..Sometimes I will have an ache in my knees or hips or back - never used to be there, damn it. One thing for certain - stay active - all of you! I love to travel which is no secret - but if you want to travel when you are older - be prepared for anything to happen...I look in my mirror and wonder who the hell that is in there looking back at me! Go away and bring back the non-wrinkled version! Okay then - at least let me keep my teeth and eyes? Enjoy the ride and the journey!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #53
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

I hope that Kansas is a place you truly want to go to, and that you have totally a lot of fun whe you get there.

So why are you moving?

Enquiring minds want to know, LOL.

Smoooches,
Keri
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I hope that Kansas is a place you truly want to go to, and that you have totally a lot of fun whe you get there.

So why are you moving?

Enquiring minds want to know, LOL.

Smoooches,
Keri
I lived there for many years and still own a house there - with a pool...It's going to really feel nice when it gets hot..
Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #55
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Morning to u'all on this sunny sunday morning,I hope everyone is doing well with the spring season finaly comeing in.Finaly I got over the flue(I think) and have gone back to work wich is for some reason,just plane crazy.
Yeaterday I started spring cleaning,and today im pooped out from it all tho I still have some to get done,just glad its only little things.I may even take a nap sometimes today cause I know the comeing work week is gonna be a hard one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #56
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

OOh Rockin! You had that flu for a long time. Wow I hope I don't have what you had! I've been sick a week as it is, and I want it gone NOW!

Hope your Monday is not as tough as you think it will be.

Gina,
May the road be smooth before ou and your U-haul door stay locked.

Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #57
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Hummmm..... had a dream last night that a grand 50-something femme broke into my house and took liberties!! Now if she would materialize as real!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #58
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Keri

Hi Kiri
My flue is much better than it had been,at least I can get thrue the day pretty well.I just hope I dont catch the mess again,ya know I hadnt had a flue shot in years but as I work in elder care I am required to have one yearly..then I got the flue...nasty bug it is.
How have u been doing,well I hope.
Rock
Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #59
FemmeKat1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
On the prowl >^..^<

FemmeKat1 is on a distinguished road
Question ...sashaying into the room, smiling and waving to all....

Hola everyone -- I'm soooooo very excited to see this thread here. I am somewhat frustrated with the lack of older Butches available and it seems to me the dating pool dimishes after age 55 (or somewhere around there) for me. I"ve noticed that there are a whole lotta butches who are seeking younger femmes and younger femmes wanting older Butches, so where does that leave this 63 year old femme but wondering if it is an age-ism issue. I've been out lesbian since 76 and have always enjoyed the company of wonderful Butches over the years and the lifestyle that goes along with it. I am very versed on the "dance" between B/Fs and love the art of seduction, etc. I found that younger Butches do not have the same form of reference that I do and have not found those relationships truly satisfying. I also found it frustrating that younger femmes want to be part of this thread too. The pool of availability was much wider when I was younger, so I guess I'm not delighted to see that and kind of verifies my thinking. I'm bringing this to the table for discussion, your observations, etc. My intention is not to be critical, just frustrated with my own journey over the past several years and wanted to give a voice to this issue. Thoughts anyone?

Be at peace all
without cautioning us to be careful to be realistic to remember the limitations of being human. It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back. By Oriah Mountaindreamer.

FemmeKat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FemmeKat1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #60
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeKat1 View Post
Hola everyone -- I'm soooooo very excited to see this thread here. I am somewhat frustrated with the lack of older Butches available and it seems to me the dating pool dimishes after age 55 (or somewhere around there) for me. I"ve noticed that there are a whole lotta butches who are seeking younger femmes and younger femmes wanting older Butches, so where does that leave this 63 year old femme but wondering if it is an age-ism issue. I've been out lesbian since 76 and have always enjoyed the company of wonderful Butches over the years and the lifestyle that goes along with it. I am very versed on the "dance" between B/Fs and love the art of seduction, etc. I found that younger Butches do not have the same form of reference that I do and have not found those relationships truly satisfying. I also found it frustrating that younger femmes want to be part of this thread too. The pool of availability was much wider when I was younger, so I guess I'm not delighted to see that and kind of verifies my thinking. I'm bringing this to the table for discussion, your observations, etc. My intention is not to be critical, just frustrated with my own journey over the past several years and wanted to give a voice to this issue. Thoughts anyone?

Be at peace all
WELCOME!!

Much of what you posted feels the same for me as a 60 year old, single butch. Throughout the 4 years I have been a member on the B-F sites, I have felt some ageism. And that the dating pool for me is just not very big at all. I prefer women near my age. I do, however, value the younger members and their take on things, but can't see myself involved with a lot younger than myself.

On the other hand, there are many more femmes and butches over 50 than I thought there would be. But, most are partnered. Although, I like the interaction because there are those commonalities we share.

I think it is important to keep the age boundary in this thread. Many threads throughout the site try to create a particular space- BDSM, Trans, Butch, Femme, etc. simply to have a place to relate within boundary desired.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: