Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rainbow/Queer Flags/Bumper Stickers--Yes/No?

Stemming from Princess Belle's thread, do you make it VISIBLY obvious within your community/neighborhood that you are part of the LGBTQ community?

Last edited by Soon; 09-14-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: trying to make a poll!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

I do in Ohio.....

I have not here in Florida, it's kinda scary here.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I live in a very small town where even the Klan still runs rampant. I don't give a fuck. My car has a small rainbow bar under the license plate and a large rainbow ribbon on the back. My truck had TONS of rainbow and femme pride stickers all over the back window and tailgate. I am ME and I am proud of who I am. If someone has a problem with it, I will deal with it when the problem arises. *shrug*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We have a very faded B-F sticker, and not too many folks up here actually know what it is. If we had a rainbow flag I'd like to fly it.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I had one in MN and a bunch of college age Iowa students tried to run me off the interstate.

Stupid boys. Can we say CELL PHONE? I took down their plates. The HP caught them down the road with white paint from my car on their bumper. I knew, trained and worked with every cop in southern MN. And more important than knowing me, they liked me.

Don't fuck with the witch. I have four stickers on my car:
two leather flags, one Pagan Wheel of the Year, an Oakland Raiders one and
rainbow words that say This is beyond Gay.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My rainbow bar has faded.....and I need a new one.....

I'm not afraid to put one on the Mom~Mobile AT ALL. Oh PLEASE try to run me off the road....PLEASE! I would SOOOOOOO love to get my inner rage off on some idiotic frat brats!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

i admit i'm a bumper sticker ho. LOVE them!

When i first figured out i was gay, i made my own sticker for my back window. Later i found the gay store and spent almost $50 the first trip on bumper stickers alone.

Then i discovered Northern Sun and thought i'd died & gone to heaven! Unfortunately, one of my favorite ones ("Don't assume I share your prejudices") is one that fades pretty quickly, so i tend to stock up on them.

One that i can't find anymore ~ "A world of wanted children would make a world of difference".

When Bush was president, i had this one:

Some i've had or do have:
"Christianity is a cult with more members"
"If ignorance is bliss why aren't more people happy?"
"How will I know i misbehaved if she doesn't punish me?"
"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes"
"That's ok, I wasn't using my civil rights anyway"

With the car i drive now, i only put them on the windows (i live with an auto body repair/painter person who is soooooo down on bumper stickers because of the damage to the paint) so i have to rotate them more often. i always have at least one queer, one peace sign and one leather/kink sticker.

my car has been spit on (while i was sitting in it!) and had plenty of dings from other car doors being slammed into mine. It's all good.

Did i mention i kinda sorta like stickers?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a small rainbow pin on the inside visor of my car, as well as a little doohickey on my key chain and a rainbow colored tassle hanging from my rearview mirror (although it's very faded since I've had it since high school).

There's nothing on the outside of the car though. I don't feel it's necessary.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

Don't have a car, just a beautiful scooter and there's no room for any bumper stickers on my baby.

And besides that, I'm a walking pride flag all by myself.

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Years Ago

I did something shameful.

I would sometimes drive to the closest major city that had a large queer community (multiple times) with my rainbow sticker on (it was one where you can just peel it off) and took it off when I drove back home to my smaller town.

I work for a Catholic School Board. (which is actually PUBLICLY funded due complicated reasons). I still burn with redness that I actually reached back and peeled it off before I hit my city--my apt. was very close to my school at the time.

There's more shame than that but I wanted to share that feeling of peeling off the sticker--when I had my first queer relationship--so NO ONE would KNOW that I had a female lover.

Thanks for sharing your stories of rainbow/queer stickers or visible signs of being part of the LGBTQI community.

Last edited by Soon; 09-14-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I bought a rainbow license plate today. Haven't put in on yet. A little afraid to. But I want to.... Just gotta consider everything before i do. Jeeze this really pisses me off that i even have to THINK about it....

so F'in unfair...but it is what it is.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I had the big huge suv It lookes like the main advertisement for gay pride...Once I was goign to Ft Worth for a horse show at the john justin aren a and some hot shot cowboy thought he was going to bull shit me so he made a driveing pass at my suv..All I did was peel backwards at 50mpr burning rubber..faced him head on...then as this happened at night..fliped on all the lights on the suv.Now folks im talking this thing lights up like a christmas tree on steroids....I dared him to take another run at me...all I saw was his tail lights as he left the complex.The next day I saw his truck with a ft.worth police car behind it fixing to impound it.Now that I have this fancy cadi I havent any stickers at all on it at all,after all when I get in or out of it there isnt any doubt im a big ole butch queer.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

I would sometimes drive to the closest major city that had a large queer community (multiple times) with my rainbow sticker on (it was one where you can just peel it off) and took it off when I drove back home to my smaller town.

I work for a Catholic School Board. (which is actually PUBLICLY funded due complicated reasons). I still burn with redness that I actually reached back and peeled it off before I hit my city--my apt. was very close to my school at the time.

There's more shame than that but I wanted to share that feeling of peeling off the sticker--when I had my first queer relationship--so NO ONE would KNOW that I had a female lover.

Thanks for sharing your stories of rainbow/queer stickers or visible signs of being part of the LGBTQI community.
HSIN -

Please don't look at your actions as something to be ashamed of - heaven knows we carry enough of that crap.

I think we have all, at one time or another, had to compromise or live with some type of secrecy in order to survive. We have folks such as myself who tried, however successfully or unsuccessfully, to live the het life planned/expected of us. We have male ID'd butches who don skirts or other feminine attire to conform to workplace expectations and I don't believe these things should be judged. At the end of the day, we do what we have to do, at the time. Until the world catches up, I don't see some of the personal compromises going away.

Ain't no room for shame in your game!

... end derail
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

About 10-12 years ago, I had this sticker on my 1986 VW Golf:

I hadn't "come out" yet, but my parents are queer and I had been involved in alot of activism with my father. Several people at my job asked why I had it. I was sort of teased about it (not in an obnoxious way, but I just grew tired of the "winks"), so I removed it from my car.

I had a small rainbow cling at one point on car I had about 5 years ago, but it faded...and I never replaced it.

I live in in Portland, OR. And before that, Santa Cruz, CA. Both are VERY liberal and SUPER queer. Recently we had a couple of gay bashings (men) and it has made people more cautious about displays of queerness, however rainbow flags are still everywhere.

I think, for me, because my community is so queer and we are so intermingled amongst straight folks (neighborhoods, work, etc)... it just isn't a big deal to make sure it is "known".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #15
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Nope..

I haven't found one that screamed.. *OWN ME*

I used to have a rainbow MOM on the old car, but that just doesn't speak to me any more..

On the jeep I have my austin cherry bomb sticker and the louieville hellcats..

grin.. I wish I had my favorite bumper sticker.. It was clear and straight to the point... I never ever got tail gated..

It said

MUTANT... keep back 300 feet...
Old 09-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Seriously, I get that I can't make you feel unashamed but I really want you to know that I "get it" and that I don't think you need to feel shame.

I am a -huge- believer in self-preservation. I mean, you need to have your job to survive and not being harassed is one of the big keys to making the ONE THIRD of your week that is spent actually at work bearable. You deserve that. I deserve that. Everyone deserves that.

Sure, in an ideal world everybody can be totally open all the time AND be free from harassment. But we DO NOT LIVE in a perfect world. Not by a long shot.

My bestfag's boyfriend of (lawdy....12 years I think at least?) teaches at a Catholic highschool. So he compartmentalises. And I think that's fair and I think that's smart.

Ditto with me. Now that I live in a smaller and more conservative town I really put the feelers out at work before I said anything. TO THIS DAY there are coworkers of mine who do not know - because I have observed them to be assholes who would be cruel to me. The people at work who have become more than just coworkers know about Nick. My boss knows about Nick. The assholes do not need to know.

And while I do know that if they were to be cruel to me that my boss and the organisation that I work for would have my back - I would rather just not go there. That's bullshit that I do not need to deal with when all I really want in the whole world is to do my job and go home.

I do not consider myself closeted. I just don't talk about my personal life while I'm at work - ever. But then...I never really have even when I worked for an ASO (AIDS Service Organisation - lol) and the vast majority of my coworkers were Queer. My job is not where I go to get my social needs met. That's what bars, my family, and the internets are for.

I -do- give a verbal smackdown to the asshole coworkers when they say shitty things about the LGBTIQ community. Just like I give them the verbal smackdown when they are racist or classist.

In the meantime....two years ago I contacted the higher-ups and demanded that they hold mandatory training about oppression and sensitivity and about Shit That Decent People Do Not Say. Most people got something out of it, even I did. And the people who didn't get something out of it - well. I already knew that they were assholes.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Quote:

Thank you for sharing this with us, it has to be hard to open up and trust no one will judge you. I have not had to *hide* who I am in ages, I mean ages and I find myself in that predicament now.

I always ask Grant if it's cool to touch him, and hold his hand here. It's not like where I live and I have had to do a lot of readjusting. Potty said it best, self preservation comes first for me, though it is hard I know here it's down right dangerous, I can't tell you how many times G has come home from work after having some dick nugget throw a full can of beer at his head.

We have not had any violence towards us when together, we get the looks and well me being vocal I always say something. I don't know how it's going to be when it's a group of guys out queer bashing, cause here it happens.

I feel lost here sometimes, so your need to peel that sticker off was smart because sometimes, in some situations it's all about just making it through the next day.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Nothing shameful here at all. Looks like surviving to me.

I no longer have any stickers on my vechiles at all and I live 25 minutes from San Francisco! The very same night that the butch in Richmond, CA (a couple of miles from my city) was kidknapped and gang raped, then left for dead, I had a piece of a heavy-duty wrench thrown at me while on the freeway. This was after the punks in the car got pissed at me for something on the road (have no idea). They were riding my butt and I had several queer related stickers on my truck. When they pulled beside me, I thought a gun was staring at my face.

Turned out that they had just entered the freeway at the exit near this where this woman was found. They fit the profile of two of the suspects and this occured at the time of the crime. I did call in the license (did not know about the rape at the time) and have been interviewed by the Richmond PD. These young men are intertwined in this crime.

If this happened to me where I live, I sure am not going to judge you or anyone in any negative light! I have learned that there is really no safe zone when it comes to homophobia.

Last edited by AtLast; 09-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, I'm not a fan of bumper stickers in the first place....never have been. So, no, I don't have any bumper stickers on my truck.

I do have a license plate frame, but that says "Once A Marine, Always a Marine", and I'm not parting with that or even willing to consider replacing it with something else. I'm waaay too proud of that!!

I don't think I would want to advertise myself as being part of the GLBTQ community to just everyone, like a bumper sticker would do. In my own personal situation, gay guys (and that's how I would be perceived, in general) have a *LOT* more problems with physical threats, on the whole, from the young het male homophobe population, and those are the ones who usually pose the most physical threat. With my health issues and titanium knees, I couldn't much defend myself if cornered, and I sure couldn't outrun the danger, either.

So no, for safety reasons, I wouldn't advertise.

Respectfully,
~Theo~
Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #20
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Ditto to what the last three posters have said.

Stay Safe. Stay Sane.