Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #21
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

~When I write, I listen to meditation music....it's ambient....no lyrics to distract me. Very mellow and peaceful and it helps push the purple ink out of my fountain pen. <soft smile>

~A nap with my puppy gives me peace......and if my feet are cold (I hate shoes), she lays on top of them....that's love.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Drumming
Just the thought of drums makes me smile... The good solid beat of drum music... mmmm... Makes me want to dance, belly dance... and grounds me... This is joyful.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Drumming is soothing for the soul imho.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

What do You do to center Yourself...to bring peace to Your soul?

~Diva

Music does, indeed, soothe the savage beast. At least the beast within me when I get riled up, am frustrated, or just feeling crappy. I pop my headphones on and jam out as I see fit in my own little world. The music I choose depends upong my mood and will also determine what I feel like after my little retreat.

If I'm angry or frustrated, Disturbed or Three Days Grace or Breaking Benjamin is good. If I am contemplative, One Republic or Daughtry or John Mayer or Rob Thomas is good. If I'm just kind of rowdy, Nickelback or Pitbull or Ciara is good. If I'm feeling sweet, Colbie Caillat or Demi Lovato or Mandy Moore is good.

These are good singers and groups that I consider my 'go to' music, but there are several acts that have produced music that can fit into different categories, such as Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Bianca Ryan, and T-SO.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #25
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Music does, indeed, soothe the savage beast. At least the beast within me when I get riled up, am frustrated, or just feeling crappy. I pop my headphones on and jam out as I see fit in my own little world. The music I choose depends upong my mood and will also determine what I feel like after my little retreat.

If I'm angry or frustrated, Disturbed or Three Days Grace or Breaking Benjamin is good. If I am contemplative, One Republic or Daughtry or John Mayer or Rob Thomas is good. If I'm just kind of rowdy, Nickelback or Pitbull or Ciara is good. If I'm feeling sweet, Colbie Caillat or Demi Lovato or Mandy Moore is good.

These are good singers and groups that I consider my 'go to' music, but there are several acts that have produced music that can fit into different categories, such as Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Bianca Ryan, and T-SO.
I hung out with Nickleback all quiet and conversation like ...it was cool.
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What gives me peace?

Mint hot chocolate.
Candles
My living room that is so comfortable and homey
A bath
Feeding my feral cats that after 10 months are finally letting me pet them.
The look in my cats eyes when he looks at me when I pet him and sing to him.
Watching a movie with my Father.
Hearing water flowing.
Watching snow fall.
Being held in front of a fireplace.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #27
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Peace for me comes with understanding and realizing that

-I not only survived today but I lived it.
-No matter what, who, when, where, and why... I am loved...always by me.
-Yesterday brought today and the opportunity for tomorrow.

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #28
TheSqueeze

How Do You Identify?:
i am what i am
Relationship Status:
TeaPartyTart's Squeeze

TheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST Reputation

My doggies give me incredible peace. They are the sweetest most loving little guys, they just melt right into me we they know I need it. We're cool like that...heh.
TheSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSqueeze For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
Toofrufru

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms as in Ms Fru to you
Relationship Status:
Not the Marrying kind!

Toofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST Reputation

A clean house with the dog/cat snuggled up after a long walk

Soft music getting out my journal and purging to see where I am

Coffee and meditations with the sounds of my girlfriend tinkering butch things in the background.

Waking from or going into an afternoon nap and listening her breathe, feeling her warm next to me brings a calmness from the rhythm.
Toofrufru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toofrufru For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #30
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

*The solitude and sounds of nature, especially the woods and mountains.
*The quiet of my house when everyone settles down to sleep.
*When my cats purr, especially the harmony of them purring together.
*When my daughters are home with me, safe.
*No matter what's going on, my sweetheart's embrace gives me peace.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #31
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default at the moment..

~a movie enjoyed with hym
~making sunday breakfasts at noon
~a lovely cooking magazine
~an erotic read
~a spanking (long overdue)
~chocolate cake
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Well, it comes in a while plastic bottle in the form of a small little pill ahhhh peace.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #33
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

art- drawing and/or photography. gardening. research. guinea pigs. baking. writing. drive-thinking, and music.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #34
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Following my destiny.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #35
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
art- drawing and/or photography. gardening. research. guinea pigs. baking. writing. drive-thinking, and music.

All good things, except I'm not much of a gardener. I appreciate a good garden when I see one though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sometimes if I become unnerved by something...or someone....I have learned to just stop. I stop and turn on the music. And I let the music be my blanket. I allow myself to become immersed in it and centered by it. Music is my greatest Peace Resource.....always has been.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #37
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Cooking brings me peace. It is an old standard for me. I also meditate and practice yoga. Fixing things brings me peace. I had to take apart my a/c compressor today and once I was done I felt refreshed.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #38
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Deady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadyboy View Post
Well, it comes in a while plastic bottle in the form of a small little pill ahhhh peace.

so curious, do you mean literally a little white pill or something else?
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I admit it; I eat my emotions. So, on the days when I realllllly need some peace, I will get it from food. That first couple of bites is HEAVEN.

On a side note, did anyone know that after the first couple of bites of a new food, your taste buds begin to fade and lose some of the flavor of the food?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #40
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

A warm bath always does it for me...some candles and myself floating in the hottest possible water my skin can take...it always relaxes me beyond belief

sometimes its a drink as well or even weed but when i want real relief its always in the form of some water
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post: