Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #21
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I'm proud of you, RY. And you should be proud too. Thank you for opening up this question and thread. It helped me. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantYearning View Post
(((( Everyone )))) Thank you all for your incredible support....Thank you all again ... it's amazing what clarity comes from writing it down and seeing things in front of me instead of floating around in my head.
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:20 AM   #22
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi RY, I just wanted to offer this poem in a series of mine that I'm calling "The Ex-Files". This is one of three and is the most recent. It is one of my final "layers" I think to this process/feelings that I know so well! I hope you will enjoy-writing has become my healing therapy, and many tears were shed in it's making...Big femme hugs and love to you!

Femme Rooted (Endless…)

When does it end…these gut wrenching sobs…
With pain so deep my need to breathe is robbed
An endless ache of sleepless nights with no dreams
A black hole of sky
A cold moon without her moonbeams…

When does it stop?
(How did it start?)
endless memories of you and me…

So happy…so desperately in love…never dreaming we would
Ever be apart
(someone jumpstart my heart…please…just jumpstart my heart…)

Why can’t we pull out those deep roots of love-
the ones that go so far down…
we never know where they really go…
but they go…
and they grow…

growing deep down to the beautiful place…
The beautiful-unconditional-love-place…
The beauty-within-ourselves (and others)-place…
The have-no-words-(don’t need any)-for-it-place…
No-address-or-map-for-this-love’s journey or destination place…
A place…to call Home…
yes that we might…just might (get to) come home…

Still it grows and it goes…
deeper and deeper still
Anchoring and curling…
back around our hearts securing…
battening down hatches and tightening latches
against a storm’s rage and tidal waves
From the world and how we each behave…
(Towards one another…)

When did it start
(Will it ever stop?)
This endless love between you and me…

So alone…dreaming of lost love…
never dreaming we would be apart-
(someone jumpstart my heart- please…just
Jumpstart my heart…)

Why can’t I pull out these deep roots of love-
the ones that go so far down
I never know where they really go…
but they go…
and they grow…
Growing deep down through the pain back to love place
The beautiful-unconditional-love-you-always-place…
The beauty-to-love-myself-and-love-(someone new)-place…
No-address-or-map-for-new-love’s-journey-or-destination-place…

A place… to call Home…
yes that I might…just might (get to) come home…

deeper and deeper still
Without my permission
or any willing submission
I’ll fall down and lay down
New seedlings of my love
And show the world how it’s done…
That my roots of love won…

Boots lkf 9/2011
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default So how goes it this week, Radiant Yearning

in the quest to recover the heart's courage? :-)
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation

RadiantYearning,

Thanks for starting this thread and opening yourself up. That is uber special. I'll keep you in my thoughts for your healing and opening your heart again.
Scrappy L'il Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #25
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I think you're a very brave person to pursue this topic. It takes guts to look at ourselves and ask for input from others. Lots of Kudos to you!!

I was in a relationship that I was lied to during the entire 2 years of it. Lies about everything basically. Since it was such a foreign experience for me I had a very difficult time 1.) truly understanding and believing what was happening while it was happening, and 2.) that it had actually happened after it became so blatantly obvious that I had no choice but to acknowledge what was going on and deal with it.

What happen for me as a result is that I seem to have somehow emotionally shut down. I just can't get involved with anyone, I feel close to nothing and trust no one anymore. It's really sad, and honestly has left me feeling very broken. This took place over 4 years ago.

You may move past your current status with more time, and perhaps meeting someone truly rare, patient, and authentic. I think the only way you will know is with time. I can say for myself that I believe it will take someone with these characteristics and much more to ever get me to come around again.

What I find so profoundly sad about situations like this, is how badly people can and do emotionally (and physically) injure others, and seem to think very little to nothing about it. It makes me wonder what the world has come to, and just how emotionally disengaged from our actions we have become as a society. Very sad indeed!

Interesting topic. Thanks for starting it!

All the best to you too!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #26
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

My experience in dealing with a broken heart is I have so much trouble with trusting. What is sad too, sometimes because of the scars left from previous failed relationships you get so numb that you pass up some good people. Because of the fear and I know this but still I don't have that same energy as I did before . Therefore I stay single because I know deep down I can't give that 100% anymore. I'm ok with it I've learned to live with it , and now I have other things I do to compensate . No it's not the same but it's doable. I'm grateful for my lessons . Do I have regrets ...yes a few ... can't change it , only learn from it. So I enter a time in my life where I finally realize ... that the love I searched for was right here all the time ... inside of myself . And I'm grateful to have loved during this lifetime.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #27
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

deeper and deeper still
Without my permission
or any willing submission
I’ll fall down and lay down
New seedlings of my love
And show the world how it’s done…
That my roots of love won…

Boots lkf 9/2011

mighty fine writing. thank you for sharing.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #28
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I went through a numb period that lasted 11 years. When I was 10-11, I was sexually violated by an adult I loved and trusted and believed in. It was too much to process and I just put it away in the corner of my mind/heart and tried to act normal. At 14-15, i had a boyfriend who was regularly physically and mentally abused by his scary drunk dad. I wanted to save him, but could not. He was a good kid. But at some point he took a bad turn. We broke up, and a few months later he stabbed somebody almost to death. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to 20 years. It was some time around then that I went numb. I couldn't process everything there was to process. I would sit down to write, and the stuff I would write was sad and morbid and angry, but I was so disconnected from it. I didn't know what it meant, I didn't feel it. It would just bleed onto the page. And I struggled to know myself, to be myself, to be authentic while at the same time playing the role expected of me by my family. I didn't have any faith left in my own goodness or anybody else's. I was incapable of love. Or distanced from love. I'm sure I've said thousands of "I love you's" that sounded like lies to my own ears. I said "I love you" and it as like another person in the room had spoken it. I was very distant from myself and my feelings. It was 6 years ago, the numbness broke. I left my ex-husband. I came out. My life had feeling in it again. Plenty of heartbreak. I'm not numb anymore, though I struggle a great deal with mood - depression, anxiety, anger, distrust. My last relationship was volatile, and I've found that since it ended, I have become more like the person I was with. It's like I downloaded a portion of him into who I am. And really maybe on some level that's true whenever you know a person at close-range. And part of that download was awesome and part of that download was destructive. I do have symptoms of PTSD, though not nearly as severe as I've seen. I have anxiety now - which I didn't have before at this level. But I'm not numb. And I can love. It was wonderful to realize the ability to love had returned to me after such a long time. I don't know if I could have sped up the process, but if I could go back and give myself some advice, I would say (I think),

"Do not ever think you are irreparably damaged. That thought can only harm you."

and

"When you do loving things for yourself, you will increase your ability to love and to feel loved. Even if you feel numb, going through the motions of caring for yourself can help a lot. Be your own sanctuary and be your own light, and do your best to be honest to yourself and to others, even if it's hard to break the mask you've learned to wear so well."

and

"The things that happened were beyond your control, but the wounds you carry are your responsibility now. The past is not negotiable, but the actions you take today can make a profound impact on your tomorrow."

But if I'd heard all that, I'd think it was trite and keep following my long hard path. On this long road, I have figured out that I can terrify myself with morbid and fatalistic thoughts. I can drown in feelings of despair, of brokenness. I used to think it was dumb when people would talk about keeping an eye on your thoughts, of choosing not to think about some things, but since anxiety has crept up on me I have found this to be a necessary survival skill. If I find myself reliving past trauma, I stop myself. Most of the time, it's the "what if I'd done this or that" that leads me back there. I know what happened in my past, but I only recently decided I WILL NOT keep reliving it because it retraumatizes me and deepens the grooves. I am responsible for me and to me, and I would rather put my focus on being the kind of person I want to be than thinking about the person I would have been if my life had left me without scars.

Anyway, sorry to be so long-winded. I have no idea why I'm up so late. I just wanted to say I know numbness. I don't know if I could have left numbness behind earlier than I did, but looking back I can see the ways I courted my numbness by reliving trauma, by isolating myself, by um internetting too much, by eating too much, by drinking (and other substances) too much, by not investing in supportive, encouraging friendships, by allowing myself to identify heavily as a victim rather than a responsible adult in charge of my emotional and mental health, and by not allowing myself hope or trust that the numbness didn't have to be a fact of life forever.

I hope this makes sense. It's way past my bedtime. Happy healing.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #29
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

I have to admit, I noticed this thread when you first posted it, but for some reason avoided clicking on it. Now I think I know why.

I've been "doing the work" as everyone is so fond of saying around here. Being very blunt with myself about the bad relationship choices I made in the past, and trying to figure out how not to make those mistakes anymore.

Reading through this thread, each new post and paragraph was like having a HUGE mirror held up in front of my face. I identify and sympathize so much with the pain everyone is sharing, and I am finally understanding the depth of the damage that has been done to me. It surprises me how many different people in my life I see echoing through these stories, and how similarly we have all suffered. I am disappointed with myself, and kind of shocked to admit how many abusive relationships I've been in. Was deluding myself about that part of my numbness defense? I am trying to learn how not to beat myself up over it, and to forgive myself. It's a double whammy to be with an abuser, while abusing yourself.

If I had come here before I was ready, I would have been overwhelmed. Today I feel more inspired to keep working hard to get past all the unpleasantness in my head, to learn how to be kind to myself. Before, I was doing it because there were people who showed interest and led me to believe if i only tried harder, I would be able to be with them. I didn't want to disappoint them, or lose out on the chance for love, so I pushed myself before I was ready. No more. I am keeping track of my motivations for changing myself, and if I'm not doing for me, then I'm not going to do it at all.

Thank you, all of you, for reminding me that there is nothing wrong with taking the time I need to be okay with myself, as long as I never stop poking around in those dark corners and keep moving forward. You are all so brave and amazing. It takes so much strength to look inside ourselves, and then to share that. Thank you, RY, for starting this thread. I hope that it helps everyone as much as it has helped me.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #30
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished reading a book called Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help You Find and Keep Love.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Attached-Science-Adult-Attachment-YouFind/dp/1585428485"]http://www.amazon.com/Attached-Science-Adult-Attachment-YouFind/dp/1585428485[/ame]

It's been pretty eye-opening and life changing for me.

For years, I have berated myself for my "failed" relationships and my inability to find and stay with "the right" person.

No more.

The authors talk about the three basic attachment styles....secure, anxious and avoidant. None are wrong or bad...they just are the way we are.

I'm an anxious...which means that I am just that...anxious. I need reassurance, steadiness, commitment and someone who will be patient when I get fearful and my old "stuff" kicks up. It means I need a secure.

I was raised by an avoidant and, to me, the crazy drama and "on again, off again" style of an avoidant is what I interpret (in my anxious little head) as "love." When a secure (and, yes, in hindsight I've dated a couple) does their normal secure stuff....I think they don't love me because it's too calm, and too normal.

As a result...I've been with avoidants almost all of my adult life.

Avoidants want love and relationships as much as the rest of us do, but they also need more distance and space....and when things get close, they push away, view it as controlling or criticism, argue or accuse, etc.

The anxious / avoidant pairing has the highest failure rate....because as a connection grows the avoidant pushes back, the anxious panics and tries to get closer....and the vicious cycle begins.

Damn. I wish I'd read this book a long time ago.

Needless to say, I recommend it.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #31
RadiantYearning

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girlie ones ...
Relationship Status:
Damsel, non-distressed, seeks knight in shining armour!

1 Highscore

RadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you again ...

I haven't been back to this thread in a while ... I wouldn't even have found it tonight if I hadn't seen a thank you in my "user cp" link, lol. Sooo not thread savvy!

You're all amazing ... and the support, sharing and advice that all of you send is so very greatly appreciated. Thank you for opening up to share your own experiences, beautiful poetry, relationship styles, everything else that didn't fit into those categories.

The other day I made my facebook status, "I don't even have time for the nervous breakdown that I so greatly deserve." I found that on a website somewhere. That's how I feel lately, stretched so thin in 10,000 different directions. I think I've buried myself in other things to do, in part, so I would have a good excuse for not being able to get involved. I've also buried myself in my children, my fail safe source of love, affection and absolute sunshine ... at least that can never be a bad thing.

Someone told me the other day that hy doesn't think I'm broken, hy just thinks that the right person hasn't come along and I'm rightfully selective. I may agree to some extent but I think there's a little more to it. I definitely have learned that I won't ever settle on someone who doesn't possess the traits that are, for me, non-negotiable.

So on a positive note, a friend who I haven't spoken to in about a year has come back into my life. This makes me happy and makes me smile a lot

Thank you again and I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend ...
RadiantYearning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RadiantYearning For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Radiant...there are more if you need them
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not sure if the book is suggesting that someone who has an insecure attachment style should seek out someone with a secure one, but this simply won't happen. A person who exemplifies genuine secure attachment won't engage in a relationship with someone who isn't. It's counterproductive and counterintuitive to the nature of secure attachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I just finished reading a book called Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help You Find and Keep Love.

http://www.amazon.com/Attached-Scien.../dp/1585428485

It's been pretty eye-opening and life changing for me.

For years, I have berated myself for my "failed" relationships and my inability to find and stay with "the right" person.

No more.

The authors talk about the three basic attachment styles....secure, anxious and avoidant. None are wrong or bad...they just are the way we are.

I'm an anxious...which means that I am just that...anxious. I need reassurance, steadiness, commitment and someone who will be patient when I get fearful and my old "stuff" kicks up. It means I need a secure.

I was raised by an avoidant and, to me, the crazy drama and "on again, off again" style of an avoidant is what I interpret (in my anxious little head) as "love." When a secure (and, yes, in hindsight I've dated a couple) does their normal secure stuff....I think they don't love me because it's too calm, and too normal.

As a result...I've been with avoidants almost all of my adult life.

Avoidants want love and relationships as much as the rest of us do, but they also need more distance and space....and when things get close, they push away, view it as controlling or criticism, argue or accuse, etc.

The anxious / avoidant pairing has the highest failure rate....because as a connection grows the avoidant pushes back, the anxious panics and tries to get closer....and the vicious cycle begins.

Damn. I wish I'd read this book a long time ago.

Needless to say, I recommend it.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #34
sarahwho

How Do You Identify?:
lonely femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single - I quit

sarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputationsarahwho Has the BEST Reputation

I think it takes time! I have also been in an abusive relationship....the first years away from it I was numb and far removed from anyone that I could push far away! I couldn't find "me"! And then thru counseling I found "me" again....it's taken a LONG time for me to even consider dating again, though I've finally decided it's time! I had to work thru each abusive memory slowly and safely to be able to heal each piece enough to be able to in a way bury it as though it were dead and no longer able to hurt me!

Perhaps a relationship soon after the first breakup would be considered re-bound RadiantYearning.........you weren't ready for something new. NOT that you meant to hurt them, but you at least knew that you couldn't give them what they needed!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #35
RadiantYearning

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girlie ones ...
Relationship Status:
Damsel, non-distressed, seeks knight in shining armour!

1 Highscore

RadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST ReputationRadiantYearning Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((( Scuba )))))))) Scooby hugs, best in the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Radiant...there are more if you need them
RadiantYearning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadiantYearning For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #36
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantYearning View Post
I searched a bit, although I'm not entirely familiar with the threads, and I didn't see anything like this so I apologize if it's a repeat.

Has anyone felt this inexplicable disconnect from feeling and your heart in general after a difficult, emotionally abusive relationship? It has been well over 2 years since I broke up with my ex and I still find myself unable to feel anything. I have had people interested in me and there's this absolute disconnect with emotion, empathy, passion. Everyone said, give it time, which I have ... and yet I still find myself questioning what my heart is even capable of anymore. My ex and I have even spoken of this and hy says, not everyone is me, give them a chance ... but I'm terrified of finding myself "trapped" in a similar situation so I have avoided feeling anything for anyone for a long time.

I'm not looking for anyone to solve my problem for me, I know that's an answer that only I can find from within. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this, thoughts, opinions?

Thank you for sharing your feelings so honestly, all of you. I needed to hear your stories so I could understand a loved one. Your bravery has helped me a lot........... Blessings on your journey back to YOU.
Pashi
Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #37
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I've always felt bent after a relationship, but not broken. Katrina, now that broke me. My spirit has never been the same since. Although breakups are hard, they do exist. I can bet that almost every single one of us can look back and say *I knew that was not going to work*. Did we get the facts and look at them? Did we ignore certain behaviors? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Two people tried, it didn't work, hopefully you can both learn a valuable lesson in that and move on, then you will be ready when the one comes along that does really work for you.

I don't believe we are all meant to be with one person forever, and I don't regret a single experience, I do regret however staying too long when I knew things were bad and allowing myself to be an enabler to others' critical issues. I have this need to *fix* people. You cannot fix people that don't want the help, and you must fix yourself before you can fix anything. It IS however easier to try to fix another person, than yourself. I've loved and shared my life with some very incredible people and also learned that there is only so much I can deal with, regardless of what someone else's issues.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #38
CockyDude
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
What is today?

CockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'll try to be brief

Irreparably broken? Unfortunately yes some things are. That is because of choices we or someone else made. We also choose to mourn, regret and/or not be able to move on. I personally choose to regret nothing regardless how painful. I view it as a learning experience. If I learned nothing, shame on me because I'm bound to make the same mistakes and endure the same pain again. Having said that, when we try to move forward and open our heart and soul to someone else, it's not fair to lay our emotional baggage on that person. Love like life is a constant learning curve and a great risk. Someone once said "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." I feel that is a very profound statement. The heart wants what the heart wants. We all deserve to be happy. To be loved.
CockyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CockyDude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I think we all have a disconnect when getting out of a relationship, especially an abusive one whether it be emotional or physical. You go back and forth with your feelings and may blame yourself or wonder what you could have done differently. In reality, it's not your fault. This is what we need to learn to realize and let go of. Also, forgiveness for what the other person did. This is the longest time I have been single in relationships, going on over 2 years now and I still struggle with it. I am a stronger person because of it however. I have taken these 2 years to discover myself and find my peace and happiness in life. I have not let very many people into my space. I think you may need to give it time. There may be people interested in you, but if you are not ready you will not be able to offer them the emotions and love in return that is required in a relationship if you still feel a disconnect from your previous relation. I don't think you are broken either, but you do need some healing and time for yourself. The right person will understand, respect that and be by your side for that support. Only you will know when it is time again. Thanks for the thread. Hang in there and don't be so tough on yourself. Enjoy life and all the wonderful things it offers.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #40
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boy do I know what this is like.

I have experience very dysfunctional relationships especially one going back 13 years ago it was a roller coaster but boy did I love her !! every time we fought we made up with unbelievable love making and weeks of outings to the musical theaters ,gifts and dinning in fancy restaurants. This lady had my heart and body in the palm of her hands for 7 years of on and off on and off.

It finally was off and I felt like I was detoxing from an addiction. I stayed single for 5 years,it took me 5 years to finally be able to move forward and finally meet my ex.

I tell you that after being in such a crazy passionate dysfunction I welcomed sanity and peace !!! I learned what a sane healthy honest loving relationship is.

I am now starting a new journey with a special lady and I am grateful for the learning experiences the bad and the good that these two ladies brought to my life.

Trust me the universe will attract to you the person you deserve, Be yourself a good human and open your heart. Same attracts same.
my 2 cents.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post: