Old 02-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #21
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
HAHAHAHAHAAH winter pelt! Good one Gemme!
Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #22
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!
Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.
Yes, it's hard. Good luck to you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #24
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have tons of hair.....everywhere but on my head.

Having been on T since 2007, my poor hairline has receded and has retreated to my back, shoulders, chest and legs. Unfortunately, I guess, I come from a hairy lineage, though I don't know for sure exactly what, since I was adopted and don't know anything about my birth genetics. I do know that I have a *lot* of Irish blood and Native American in me, via the information I do have (non-identifying) about my birthmother's side.

I love being neat and tidy, in my appearance. Despite my receding hairline, I keep my hair cut in the traditional "Marine Corps style" of what's known as a "high 'n tight". I've always loved facial hair, even before I transitioned, and was absolutely elated when I discovered that I can grow a nice, wonderfully full beard!! Ever since, it seems that I vacillate between having a full, very short and neatly trimmed beard and a nice trimmed, short goatee and 'stache with longer sideburns. It actually depends on what season of the year we're in, too, as I keep a full beard from the early Fall (Sept.-Oct.) through about March or April, and then cut down to the goatee/'stache/sideburns during the hot summer months. Here in Vegas, it can get abominably HOT in the summer and if I keep longer, thicker facial hair, I am miserably hot. Not to mention, full of acne/heat rash. I hate, hate HATE getting a zit in my beard!!!!

Anyway, I trim things where needed and pretty much leave everything else alone. For ME, it's all about keeping a neat and tidy appearance while maintaining comfortability. I'm almost to the OCD level when it comes to bathing, keeping a neat haircut and being mindful of the fact that hair holds odors, so it is an absolute necessity for me to take 1 or more showers per day and use powders, talc and a nice cologne to finish off a well groomed appearance.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #25
Daktari

Not shaved, waxed or dipilated anything for nigh on 30yrs. Pubes are kept clipped and tidy, everything else grows as nature intended. I'm not a hairy chap however. Femmes have always been agog at my almost hairless and unshaved legs for years.

Only issue I ever had was with the small-minded dykes on the gay clubbing scene I hung out with 20yrs ago. They thought anyone who didn't shave their body hair was 'disgusting'.
Their intolerance and closed-mindedness was a huge factor in my dropping the 'straight' gay clubbing scene in favour of the more alternative, kinky, far more tolerant pansexual scene. The happy result was an identity journey I never anticipated.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #26
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I told them to get over it and let the topic of MY personal body issues go. It felt good but I still think they won't let it go and continue on due to being in severe denial.

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #28
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.
Good reminder for me, Thanks and yes walk away is a good thing, because I do tend to get annoyed and lose my temper

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 02:50 AM   #29
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 02:52 AM   #30
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.
Just popping in to say that I really love your beard
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 AM   #31
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I naturally grow a mustache, it ranges from light to dark, depending on how often I shave. No beard just natural peach fuzz.

I hear some transmen take awhile to grow facial hair and others it grows really fast.

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 AM   #32
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I see you identify as transgender male. Are you on testosterone, or is this just natural growth?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #33
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am on testosterone. It was a good 2 years before I started growing any facial hair at all. I was hoping to not have issues as the men in my family have no problem growing beards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 PM   #34
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Love my facial hair and other hair growth

For me it took about 3 years before I could even grow facial hair and leg hair....I wish I was born with thicker hair on my head but I had thin hair....
Now I'm bald but I don't care.....I'm a man and I embrace that with all that I
am.....

I know I was born the wrong sex so shaving now and getting to choose if I want a mustache, beard or be clean shaven, makes me feel great..

I don't mind at all shaving, that's what men do...
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #35
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?
I am close to 2.5 years on T, with 2 years of that being "full dose".

I am not "hairy" for a male, and not as hairy as I think most guys are this long on testosterone. I believe I will get a good amount more hair, it just isn't happening as quickly as I thought it would. I don't have much feeling either way about my hair. I would like more facial hair, as I would like to have more options than I do now. I have a mustache and under the chin hair, but it is not as thick as a typical 46 year old, so I would never grow it out. I don't know that I will ever wear facial hair, anyway. I don't know that it looks good on me. I am also not around a lot of guys with facial hair. My Dad always shaved, and in my professional environment I just don't see many guys with facial hair. Never do I see a full beard on anyone. I like the overall short, short scruffy look, but that would never fit in my professional world.

I see I am getting some hair on the back of my shoulders. If that actually becomes a "thing", I will be getting my back waxed regularly. Back hair just really grosses me out. I am sure that if I get sasquatch like, I won't be pleased.

In terms of mascaping. I shave my face every day and I trim my nether regions, when needed. It took me a long time to accept having to shave my face daily, but it really doesn't take too long after you get used to it. I have also accepted the fact I can't get away with just using an electric razor.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #36
JeanPaul

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, Sir, He, THE DUDE.
Relationship Status:
single

JeanPaul is on a distinguished road

so envious of all who can grow facial hair...i am nearly 5 months on T and painting my face 2x day with extra strength Minoxidal, all I have to show are 6 black moustache hairs...I have a crapload of vellum-hairs all over my face. Hopefully 1/2 of the vellum will turn coarse and black and I will have the facial hair I desire. Is so important to me to help to pass as a man....getting mis gendered is very exacerbating, hoping mounds of facial hair will help folks to see me for the real me.
JeanPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeanPaul For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #37
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #38
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.
I could grow a full mustache and a heavy beard on the bottom of my chin and under it. The sideburns are coming in and the other areas are patchy.

I shave the fuck out of it. I find myself obsessed with a soft face. I am the only trans guy I know who wants to be clean shaven. Don't misunderstand, I am looking forward to the ability to have a full beard, but until that can happen (a year or so), I want every inch perfectly cleared and smooth. I can't stand the feeling of stubble. I am a member of the Dollar Shave Club. $6 a month and I get 4 cartridges a month. That means a fresh razor every week.

It has become an obsession. Super lighting, magnifying mirrors...lol.

In terms of Rogaine, I heard it works, but only if you keep using it. I guess in the same way that it works on one's head... you have to keep using it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 PM   #39
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So from when I was young child till now. 99.9% of the time I was addressed as Sir. As I got into my teens I had my bouts with Chemo, and after battling that, and losing all my hair, it came back with a vengeance. I’m like Dapper. I like a clean shaven face. I’ve gone a couple of weeks not shaving. But I get heat rash. Maybe it’s stress. So I prefer clean cut. My legs are hairier than most of my brothers. And my family is fairly hairy. I have never been on T’s. But motorcycle accident and scalp being road rashed has helped with hair thinning. Omg. I didn’t realize I been shaving that long lmao. Don’t shave legs, arms or pits. I would probably need a weed whacker just to get close enough to start. And heck No. No wax! I like my hairy legs. I know if mosquitoes are around lol.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #40
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I've been shaving since I was 27. I had very hairy legs but since going on dialysis my hair has thinned out and no hair on my legs. If I don't shave every day I will grown a goatee and somewhat tash. I get a 5 0clock shadow. I don't shave as much as I use too when I worked. I ve never taken T or wanted too.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post: