The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Stay away from Mangos when it comes to STPs. It took them 6 months to finally ship and only after I filed a complaint with the BBB.

DJ Knows Dick isn't too bad and very responsive.

Underworks remains my binder of choice and I've started using their cotton/lycra based binders. These have been working well (a beard has also helped) and are very comfortable. The roll-up issue is reduced. A trick is to also wear a shirt (like an A-shirt) under the binder. I've found this to lessen the roll-up effect. Additionally, making sure the size is right and not going for the ultimate compressing one helps. Those, I find, tend hurt too much and sizing better helps reduce that as well as reduce the roll-up effect.
I've had a few ask me what an A-Shirt is. Here's an example: http://tinyurl.com/4gc7uwb

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #62
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
the harnesses i have been using over the years, for many reasons,drive me crazy. i have been searching for some underwear that has a inner front pouch for packing and also doesn't lose shape after short time wash and wear. i hate saggy drawers. the other day Ms was watching some morning show and they showcased some male enhancement underwear i am gonna try this summer.

http://www.andrewchristianshop.com/A...spx?Topcid=311

http://www.andrewchristianshop.com/S...an-CID307.aspx

Same site as weatherboi's, however a different style. It is called "show it" and there is a pouch in front where guys put their junk that lifts it up to give a sense of "enhancement". It looks as though it is deep enough that a small packy (one of the 3.5 inch ones), could fit and not fall out. Watch the video to see the pocket itself.

(click on one of the pics and you will see video bottom right)

I like the look of the other ones more (wider waistbands), but these are a bit cheaper.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #63
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
this was interesting post. Now I wonder if anyone has tried it. The site appears to be early in product development. See the Sam review by one user who stated that the rod was too long. The admin offered to send a shorter one for about $75 (or some such pricey tag). WTF? They should send the right size rod or replace it for free given the cost of these products.
But, I digress. I found it interesting ... thanks, Alpha
The rod looks to me like it would hurt too. So I'm wonderin about that. Plus they don't sell the required adhesive glue stuff.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #64
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I checked out the sites and while the products look great there's always one or two things that I don't like about them. So this has me thinking... I've bought plastics that you heat up and pour into molds to make fishing lures... I wonder if there is a silicone dildo kit or if you can buy the silicone and make your own mold (which is what I'd do). I would prefer silicone as opposed to rubber. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #65
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
I checked out the sites and while the products look great there's always one or two things that I don't like about them. So this has me thinking... I've bought plastics that you heat up and pour into molds to make fishing lures... I wonder if there is a silicone dildo kit or if you can buy the silicone and make your own mold (which is what I'd do). I would prefer silicone as opposed to rubber. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks

~~~shark~~~~~~~
http://www.makeyourowndildo.com/gallery.php

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #66
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Y'all,
I just saw this compression undershirt advertised on TV. It's lots cheaper than other compression shirts I've seen, so I thought I'd pass it along. I know nothing of it's quality, but maybe someone else will have more information.
Smooches,
Keri

https://www.getslimtsnow.com/flare/next?rtag=tryslimts
I just bought the binder. It will be my first, so I don't have anything to compare it with but I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks again.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #67
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default FYI: Frog Bra is no more

Many butches/FTMs have used the Frog bra from title nine sports alone or in conjunction with binders. I have been meaning to come on to post to let folks know that title nine is no longer making it, and evidently, the replacement sucks according to the comments and riot over the discontinuation of the Frog Bra. Supposedly, it was discontinued b/c they were unable to get the fabric they had gotten in the past.

Here is the replacement.

http://www.titlenine.com/product/bou...rtby=ourPicks#

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #68
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Y'all,
I just saw this compression undershirt advertised on TV. It's lots cheaper than other compression shirts I've seen, so I thought I'd pass it along. I know nothing of it's quality, but maybe someone else will have more information.
Smooches,
Keri

https://www.getslimtsnow.com/flare/next?rtag=tryslimts
thanks for this. Has anyone tried this? I gather the mid section compression would be good...but what about Chest compression?
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #69
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I just bought the binder. It will be my first, so I don't have anything to compare it with but I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks again.
Any feedback on the chest compression?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #70
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have found a product made of X5 materials. Does anyone have any experience with X5 materials or know what they are.

Is it or does it contain silicone? The product description says...."Made from X5 a unique material with superior properties. Most importantly, it's phthalates free for safe fun.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #71
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
Any feedback on the chest compression?
It didn't work well. I'm not satisfied w it. It's hard to put on and doesn't compress much more than a good sports bra.

It's my first experience w one so I don't have anything to compare it to. It would be nice to have one that I could put on and adjust like a vest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #72
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It didn't work well. I'm not satisfied w it. It's hard to put on and doesn't compress much more than a good sports bra.

It's my first experience w one so I don't have anything to compare it to. It would be nice to have one that I could put on and adjust like a vest.
What size are you? I have 4 binders i'm willing to send people. I would prefer to split them up. (That is give them to atleast 2 people)

i have a medium black and white Tri-top Chest Binder - Extreme Binder Waist Length from http://ftm.underworks.com/

I have another black tri-top that seems smaller so i'm guessing that it is a small.

I have a white Double Front Compression Shirt. I think it is also a medium.

I'm 5'8" and around 160 lbs for an idea of my size and i think the small was when i was around 140 lbs.

If I needed any, anymore I would be tempted to get the Extreme Chest Concealer FTM Chest Binder Extreme! Chest Only Compression! Relaxed Mid-Section!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #73
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

I'm not sure what the double front compression shirt is but it sounds good. I'm short but pretty stocky - about150. The small one i bought might be too small. The binders are really hard to pull over my shoulders and down my chest and waist. I appreciate the offer and would love to try em. I can send u my addy and I'll pay for the shipping.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #74
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

For those looking for info on various compression shirts and such you might want to visit the following: http://chestbinders.wordpress.com/

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #75
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I'm not sure what the double front compression shirt is but it sounds good. I'm short but pretty stocky - about150. The small one i bought might be too small. The binders are really hard to pull over my shoulders and down my chest and waist. I appreciate the offer and would love to try em. I can send u my addy and I'll pay for the shipping.
I would recommend anything with double front compression. When you buy them new, it's always most uncomfortable because they are not worn in.
I wouldn't recommend putting them on over your shoulders. Try stepping into it, and pulling it up. MUCH easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to TCB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #76
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

I would say 60 % of people address me as a man now. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and have top surgery and get rid of 'em. I get down every time I see or am aware of them. I notice people looking at my chest in a perplexing way. *shakes head* Most of the time I can conceal them but not always 100%. It takes a combo of binding and wearing the right type of clothes. I just want them to go away. Disappear. Poof.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #77
Alpha Dog

How Do You Identify?:
XXX

Alpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST ReputationAlpha Dog Has the BEST Reputation
Default New FtM Prostheses

http://www.likerealusa.com/shop/english/home

LIKE REAL prostheses are made by employing the latest technologies used
in Hollywood film productions. Our prostheses are the result of science development and extraordinary
solutions which were applied while shooting Matrix, Terminator, Lord of the Rings
and many, many other films.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #78
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post

in Hollywood film productions. Our prostheses are the result of science development and extraordinary
solutions which were applied while shooting Matrix, Terminator, Lord of the Rings
These are impressive but so is the price.

I've found that you can end up with an adhesive allergy after a while using prostheses that adhere directly to skin. If this occurs I recommend switching off to a harness only model for a while or the jockstrap method while you reacclimate.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #79
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

They would be more impressive, but I don't care for flat balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #80
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone have a highheat summer friendly binder? I use the underworks cotton concealer series right now. But that extra layer is horrible in the humidity.