Old 06-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #62
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyShaun View Post
I got my first injection of T today at about noon I am beyond excited that I can finally live out and happy and the important people in my life are in full support of me. My younger brother told me last weekend that he was going to "give me man lessons" lol I am going to go with it it's funny that he wants to be involved.
Congrats!!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #63
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm posting this mainly to get people's thoughts...
http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/...ege-trans-man/
Perhaps it's been posted elsewhere...
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #64
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
I saw this as well and thought it was very insight and really does codify white male privilege
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #65
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Images of older trans* people.

Sometimes it seems like all I see "out there" about trans issues, conversations, presentations only applies to folks under the age of 30, or 20 if I'm real about it. It's discouraging. Of course the resources and beginnings of social acknowledgment (nevermind acceptance) are recent seemingly, only in the last decade or so.

I don't know if this has been posted already but it's fairly new, a photographer has captured the images and stories of some of the older members of the trans community and complied them on a website "To Survive On This Shore".

Advocate published an article about it back in February here.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #66
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm sure this must be posted somewhere, one of our own is featured!

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
I had to wait over 12 and a half minutes, but I saw him!

Excellent video. I like this guy so much.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #68
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you so much LWF, I hadn't seen this!

I have enjoyed coming across Mike's pic here and there on social media.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #69
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

IN NYC:

AGING FIERCELY WHILE TRANS with Kate Bornstein, Sheila Cunningham, Miss Major, & Jay Toole

Presentations + Community Discussion: 2–4PM

Intergenerational Reception: 4–5PM

This community, open forum event will bring together trans, genderqueer, and gender nonconforming folks from across generations, along with allies, to discuss and celebrate AGING FIERCELY WHILE TRANS.

Amidst ongoing violence and increased visibility for the trans community is the truth of the importance of trans lives. Often missing in conversations between both the great heights of visibility and the epic lows of violence and neglect are trans and gender non-conforming folks who have lived long, storied and rich lives. Presented by Visual AIDS and the NYC Trans Oral History Project, AGING FIERCELY WHILE TRANS is centered around the lives and stories of four gender non-conforming folks who have aged resiliently: Kate Bornstein, Sheila Cunningham, Miss Major, and Jay Toole. The event, moderated by Reina Gossett, is an opportunity to hear experiences, stories, and insights from multiple generations of people from across the gender spectrum. Come and be a part of the conversation.

AGING FIERCELY WHILE TRANS is inspired by art, activism, and life of Chloe Dzubilo, who passed away in 2011. Although Chloe is no longer with us, it is clear to those who love her and the organizers of this event that she would be among the growing intergenerational dialogue of trans lives and legacies.

AGING FIERCELY WHILE TRANS is coordinated in conjunction with the second publication of Visual AIDS' DUETS series, Che Gossett & Alice O'Malley in Conversation on Chloe Dzubilo (2014), which features a conversation between Che Gossett and Alice O'Malley about the art, activism and life of Chloe Dzubilo. DUETS is a series of publications that pairs artists, activists, writers, and thinkers in dialogues about their creative practices and current social issues around HIV/AIDS.

The NYC Trans Oral History Project is a community archive devoted to the collection, preservation and sharing of trans histories.

Please be in touch with Alex (afialho@visualaids.org) if you have any special needs in order to attend the event.
The building is wheelchair accessible.

Participant Biographies

KATE BORNSTEIN is a world renowned transgender activist, author, playwright, performance artist, blogger and educator who focus on issues of gender and sexuality. Her books "Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women and the Rest of Us" and "My Gender Workbook" are essential reading in gender, queer and feminist studies. Kate's books are taught in five languages in over 200 colleges and universities around the world. She lives in New York City with her girlfriend, three cats, two dogs, and one turtle, in whose company she wrote her new memoir, A Queer and Pleasant Danger: The true story of a nice Jewish boy who joins the Church of Scientology, and leaves twelve years later to become the lovely lady she is today. For more info on Kate Bornstein: http://katebornstein.typepad.com/

MISS MAJOR GRIFFIN-GRACY, for over 40 years, has been an activist, instigator, and community organizer. From the 1969 Stonewall Rebellion to her current work with the Transgender GenderVariant Intersex Justice Project, Miss Major has worked tirelessly for social justice and the human rights of transgender women of color. She identifies as a father, mother, grandmother, and grandfather to her own children, and to many in the transgender community. Miss Major has spoken around the world about concerns of transwomen of color in the prison industrial complex. Her life and campaigns are currently the focus of a feature length documentary film, which will be released in 2015. For more information visit http://www.tgijp.org/ and http://www.missmajorfilm.com/

JAY TOOLE is a 67 year-old butch identified (well superbutch identified) lesbian who battled addiction for 37 years, during which time she was homeless for over 25 years, and often lived on and under the streets of NYC and in the NYC shelters. In 1999, she got her GED, she began volunteering with The Coalition for the Homeless as a shelter Monitor. In November of 2000 she left the shelter system for her first ever apartment in her own name. Since 2001 she has graduated from The Resource Training Center to become a alcohol and substance abuse counselor with a award and prize for leadership in education, worked part-time as an out-reach worker to the shelter system on recovery issues at the LGBT Community Center. In 2006 she received the Richard L. Schiegel National Legion of Honor Award for Emerging Activist. In 2011, Jay was honored for her service to the transgender community by the Sylvia Rivera Law Project. She is a Co-Founder of Queers for Economic Justice and was the Shelter Project Director for over 14 years and now is the founder of Jay's House. In 2014 Jay was honored by Camba (one of NYC largest homeless providers) for her continued work to make shelters safer for queer adult homeless.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #70
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
Yes, there is such a thing as male privilege. When you transition to female to male, you have even more insight into that. I don't get why this is news.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #71
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Positive and Articulate

BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #72
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I found this.

Siri will shut down anyone who tries to call Caitlyn Jenner Bruce. If a phone gets it, anyone should be able to.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #73
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

All transgender modeling agency set to launch.

https://www.advocate.com/arts-entert...ncy-set-launch
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2015, 11:25 PM   #74
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Trans Men’s Positive Emotions
The Interaction of Gender Identity and Emotion Labels

Stephanie L. Budge1
Joe J. Orovecz1
Jayden L. Thai2

1University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, WI, USA
2University of Louisville, Louisvillle, KY, USA

Stephanie L. Budge, Department of Counseling Psychology, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1000 Bascom Mall, Room 309, Madison, WI 53706, USA. Email: budge@wisc.edu

Abstract
The current study used grounded theory methods to analyze trans men’s positive emotions. The sample included 11 participants who were assigned a female sex at birth and currently identify with a binary male identity. Results yielded eight positive emotion themes emerging for trans men, which included the following: confidence, comfort, connection, feeling alive, amazement, pride, happiness, and interpersonal reactionary emotions.

Participants reported specific gender experiences within these themes, including a sense of brotherhood, excitement related to taking testosterone, authentic pride in identifying as a man, and happiness connected to others using correct gender language (e.g., pronouns, family labels, greetings).

A theoretical model from the eight themes and 39 higher order categories emerged, indicating the importance of initial internal emotions, confidence related to trans men’s identity processes, and the ways in which positive interpersonal interactions affect positive emotions. Implications include using emotion-focused therapy and including more positivity into trans individuals’ experiences and emotions.

http://tcp.sagepub.com/content/43/3/404.abstract

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #75
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is something I had not seen from about three weeks ago. The New York Times is running a series of pieces apparently (I'll stop back when I find more) so here is a section of transpersons telling their own stories.

Transgender Lives: Your Stories
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #76
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

There are days that I feel just ridiculously happy since my transition.

Just out of the blue I realize I am happy.

I thought to myself...."Is this what real life is like?" You just sort of live and people regard you, experience you, and interact with the real you, as you?

It's so flipping easy. Such a new way to live life. The world outside my home is not an anxiety inducing place anymore. Who knew it could be like that?

<--- blessed

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #77
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

This is great to hear/read. I've not come across too many posts this positive about transition. I always read about the problems.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #78
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

THIS:

"Call to remove gender from UK passports and driving licences"

This makes so much more sense to me. Instead of all the rigmarole around how to get things changed in this place or that place, simply remove the extraneous.

It seems that about 95% of the places it's currently required it's totally irrelevant.

My .02
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #79
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
THIS:

"Call to remove gender from UK passports and driving licences"

This makes so much more sense to me. Instead of all the rigmarole around how to get things changed in this place or that place, simply remove the extraneous.

It seems that about 95% of the places it's currently required it's totally irrelevant.

My .02
I just got the perfect example in my own life. I recently moved and the county sent me a notice to update my voter registration. I don't have to state any political party affiliation (relevant to voting), BUT, I do have to select a binary gender (relevant to nothing).

Last edited by Kelt; 01-18-2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: sp
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #80
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I haven't seen anyone post this yet, so I thought this would be a good place for it. I've seen this Nike ad twice now, must see.

YouTube seems a bit overwhelmed at the moment, if you can't see it here, go >here<

There is an article about this in Runners World from yesterday.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
ftm, genderqueer, mtf, positive, trans