Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Finding clothes that I like isn't a problem,the issue is i'm 5'5'' and portly to boot right in the waist so I usely end up getting a 2x then have the sleves taken up but the shoulders sometimes' dosen't fit right because of the seam that drops off the shoulder.I am loseing weight so it wont be long till I can button the xlarge all the way down comfortably.When I wan't a shirt or artical of clotheing to fit I have to go somewhere and have to altered,wall mart or places like that don't do much for me cause I like better quality clothes than they have when I can afford them on sale,sometimes I get lucky to find something at the good will store that's in good shape.I have two suits as well as a few dress shirts along with a couple of blazers so I have a fair choice.I haven't bought anything lately cause I don't have much chance to dress up much for a while cause most places I go to jeans and whatever shirt I pick out work just fine.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST Reputation

I have been on T just over a year, the first half on Androgel then switched to injections post hysto. I am relatively thin but muscular...wiry, I guess. In the past year I have gained about 10# but have virtually lost my ass, while my shoulders have broadened by about 1" overall. Any belly softness that was there is gone- a 6 pack is just a slight effort to achieve. I noticed the shoulder growth mostly after putting on a men's small dress shirt early this fall and finding it tight and the seams riding up high rather than where they belong; that was great because I didn't exercise much after the surgery in July and was afraid I'd waste away! The thigh area called 'saddle bags' is gone too though I never had much, it has really straightened out. My shoes have gotten a little tighter and I readjusted my ball caps to fit a little larger too. I have worn men's clothes easily always but do struggle to find 29x32 or longer pants that don't have saggy asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It would be interesting to hear the experiences of FTM/transguys who are on testosterone. I would like to hear how the fat redistribution away from their hips may have improved their ability to buy their pants "off the rack" (if at all).
Yew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yew View Post
I have been on T just over a year, the first half on Androgel then switched to injections post hysto. I am relatively thin but muscular...wiry, I guess. In the past year I have gained about 10# but have virtually lost my ass, while my shoulders have broadened by about 1" overall. Any belly softness that was there is gone- a 6 pack is just a slight effort to achieve. I noticed the shoulder growth mostly after putting on a men's small dress shirt early this fall and finding it tight and the seams riding up high rather than where they belong; that was great because I didn't exercise much after the surgery in July and was afraid I'd waste away! The thigh area called 'saddle bags' is gone too though I never had much, it has really straightened out. My shoes have gotten a little tighter and I readjusted my ball caps to fit a little larger too. I have worn men's clothes easily always but do struggle to find 29x32 or longer pants that don't have saggy asses
Interesting! T is an amazingly powerful hormone. Thanks for posting.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #24
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

why clothes to define?
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
Yew

How Do You Identify?:
ftm, trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Single

Yew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST ReputationYew Has the BEST Reputation

It certainly is, and a true blessing for me, too!

Quote:
Interesting! T is an amazingly powerful hormone. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

i wear whats comfortable at home and no longer worry about clothing too much, I transitioned in 2006 physically, though have been living and dressing as male since l998..............in England its fashionable to wear tacky Christmas sweaters this time of year - I love them as they remind me of the ones my mum knitted when I was a kid - .in fact im now thinking of a whole new career posing for knitting patterns, lol!

http://
Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #27
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I buy whatever I can in the men's section and try to work with it. The only deal is I don't dress up in expensive clothes/designer duds. The furthest I go is khaki pants with cowboy boots and a nice T shirt or a polo.

I know I can't be the only guy who doesn't dress up?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #28
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I buy whatever I can in the men's section and try to work with it. The only deal is I don't dress up in expensive clothes/designer duds. The furthest I go is khaki pants with cowboy boots and a nice T shirt or a polo.

I know I can't be the only guy who doesn't dress up?
Nope, you actually are.

I have to dress up for work every day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #29
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nope, you actually are.

I have to dress up for work every day.
I figured I was the only one lol

Albert Einstein
Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #30
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,520 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
psst... Just add a nice white button down shirt

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #31
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ..

Clothes don't make who I am .... But they ARE part of who I am...

And I do like me some good looking clothes!

Yanno we are not alone! No matter how we dress! Keep up the fashions bros!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #32
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
psst... Just add a nice white button down shirt
LOL not my style though, remember I am country

Albert Einstein
Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,520 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LOL not my style though, remember I am country
and?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #34
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

LOL not country like him by any means! George however is a good role model.

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #35
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I just went to Macy's because I like the selection of different brands. I just bought a black slim fit blazer. I bought a great navy country like front button sweater at H&M male that I plan to wear with crisp button down shirt. I am only buying men's clothes now and once I find a brand and size that looks good I look on ebay
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 05:18 AM   #36
Daktari

Default Enquiring minds...

What is it about those button down collars you chaps like?

I don't see folks wearing that style over here, not in the bft community anyway...or didn't when I was going out often enough to know, doesn't look to have changed according to fb.

I have one black Ben Sherman oxford shirt that looks great with a Death Kitty tie but on the whole I like a cutaway collar w/collar stays.

It's not a challenge or a comment on you lot liking and wearing them, just an enquiry as to why.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:37 AM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

I don't see folks wearing that style over here, not in the bft community anyway...or didn't when I was going out often enough to know, doesn't look to have changed according to fb.

I have one black Ben Sherman oxford shirt that looks great with a Death Kitty tie but on the whole I like a cutaway collar w/collar stays.

It's not a challenge or a comment on you lot liking and wearing them, just an enquiry as to why.

It is a regional thing, I think. No one wears them here in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast where I am. A very old style.

I actually did like the look of them on me, though. For some reason the collar close to the neck looks good.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #38
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

I've no clue; I have never liked them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #39
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I tend to favor a point or semi-spread, I think of the button down as being oddly more casual looking than something with stays.

Anymore I have rare occasion to wear anything more than sort of 'outdoors' clothing which is a shame, but reality.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #40
GeekBear

How Do You Identify?:
transgender menace
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his
Relationship Status:
Married to the RyRy!

GeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST Reputation
Default Only when I have to dress up!

Quote:
you're not man, I'll grab a nice pair of kakhis and a polo or button down shirt if I'm going somewhere nice. Most of the time I'm in wrangler jeans and boots.

GeekBear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeekBear For This Useful Post:

Tags
clothing, trans