Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, so I got an update on my three former 'Short Lists'.

A) The Short List Update: I did find three nice late 60s style men's shirts and accessorized them perfectly, to wear to work or for any casual gathering I attend (CHECK).

B) The Shorter-yet-longer Short List Update: I am now in love with my new studio and neighborhood, so it is going to be hard to move if I can't find a better place with better property management.

Which leads to the new Shortest List Ever Update:

Section A-1) I will not make my September deadline to pay off my line of credit but instead will have it paid off by mid-October.

Section A-2) which is related to section B above : Since turning 60 last spring, and since a flurry of ideas keep percolating in my "Where Do You Plan To Be in 5 or 6 Years" strategy, I have been working on putting together a time line of savings strategies to afford to build my own tiny home and buy my own tiny piece of property (out in the sticks, naturally, lol) and to save back in timely ways to purchase up-cycled materials to build my new tiny home. Like wood products or unusual items from old buildings or glass windows and such. I also want to have a solar powered roof so I can generate my own power and I want to have my own water filtration system, but I keep watching lots of stories about people who have built their own and have done it in two or three years time, plus they came in on budget or slightly under.

So that's my new 'Shorter Yet Longer Short List' dream goal that I will be working on, the next few years. Have my own place, buy my own property, be self sufficient and be off grid and owe no one anything except maybe property taxes on a yearly basis. To be as independent and self supporting as possible.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-20-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #22
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh gosh, because stores have been closed for a couple of months, due to the pandemic, I decided to drive over to my favorite dress shop to see if by chance they had special store hours, etc.

They were not open yet, but the owner was there and I'm glad I called the number listed on the front door because she answered right away. I told her I was gloved and masked, so she said it was okay to come in for a few moments.

I only shopped for about ten minutes (it's a small store); I was the only one there. I was lucky and found two beautiful new summer dresses and matching scarves with Gold Lamé embossed designs.

I like to support small independent businesses which are owned by women. I like their clothing line and the many services they offer to people who buy their clothes (example: referral to a staff seamstress in case you need mending or have your clothes sized differently).

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #23
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

My latest Short-List "Shopping List" is to find a new place to live, next year.

It takes time and careful planning and lots of investigative work on finding just the right place to live.

I get super cranky when my life is upended by thoughtless next-door neighbor(s). I've got 8 months to find a quiet neighborhood and a neighborhood with neighbors who actually live quietly.

Thankfully I have realtor contacts who will help me find a better place to live.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 08:10 AM   #24
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Apparently, oj. I have never run out of it before but today seems to be the day!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2022, 12:38 PM   #25
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile

We keep updating our Short-List Shopping List item: which is, to find affordable housing to live in by the time we turn 66.

That is our tentative plan, to retire from work life by the age of 66 and live in an affordable house on a small plot of land (rural, if possible).

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
art, crafts, fun stuff projects, joy, shopping therapy