Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #381
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
the heck w/ where's WALDO ~~ I want to know where is Dr. Fauci ?
Trump has shut him down. I’m watching Trump’s daily briefing and am not sure if Fauci is in the room. Trump probably has him in the corner if he is in the room.

The shills, Dr. Deborah Birx and Dr Robert Redfield, can’t even keep a steady eye as they try to sell Trump’s bullshit.

And the press needs to step up their game and question Trump harder. At the very least, they need to follow up on a colleague’s question when Trump rudely refuses to answer.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #382
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

From the BBC World News:

BBC Announcer: "The top infectious disease expert in America, Anthony Fauci, has urged a careful and measured approach to re-opening the economy, to avoid a resurgence of the coronavirus."

Dr. Fauci: "The urge we all have to get out there and get it over with, let's get back to normal, for a lot of good reasons because there's a lot of suffering economic and otherwise in this country because of that. I plead with the American public, with the governors, with the mayors, with the people with responsibility. Although I know one has the need to leapfrog over things, don't do that. Do it in a measured way."

BBC Announcer: "Dr. Fauci said there was no doubt coronavirus would return later in the year but the country would be much better prepared. After the same news conference, President Trump insisted that if coronavirus came back, it would be in smaller outbreaks that could be contained."

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #383
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

It has been a hard week here in the NY/NJ area. Two longtime members of the Butch Femme community passed away: GreyingButch and LeftWriteFemme. I had just had a very special zoom seder for Passover with LeftWriteFemme, and she was so happy and talkative. I'm glad we stayed on so long. I never thought it would be the last time I interacted with her.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #384
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

The BBC World News story in the above post was transcribed from the BBC World News which aired at 9:00 PM EDT on BBC Radio World Service UK.

- - -

Transcribed from the BBC World News which aired at 10:00 PM EDT on BBC Radio World Service UK.

BBC Announcer: "President Trump has played down the dangers of a second wave of coronavirus cases later in the year. He was contradicted by his top infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci, who said there was no doubt the virus would return but the country would be much better prepared. Dr. Fauci said the program of people physically distancing should be the basis of any plan to re-open the economy."

Dr. Fauci: "The program is not one that is gonna be 'Turn the lights on in America, we're finished.' We're not. We have to proceed in a very careful, measured way. And if you look at the guidelines, they are careful, and they are measured."

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 08:39 PM   #385
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Indeed. I find the lack of coverage re multiple strains surprising, and a bit suspicious. Why news outlets aren't mentioning it, I don't know but it's so odd that it adds to my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
AS far as I know there was L strain and S strain of Covid-19. The thing about this coronavirus is that it mutates. One being more aggressive than the other. Not one news source has spoken much about the strains since then.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #386
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
It has been a hard week here in the NY/NJ area. Two longtime members of the Butch Femme community passed away: GreyingButch and LeftWriteFemme. I had just had a very special zoom seder for Passover with LeftWriteFemme, and she was so happy and talkative. I'm glad we stayed on so long. I never thought it would be the last time I interacted with her.

She was such an awesome person that will be missed. She and I spoke every month. I was just thinking today it was getting close to she and I to have our talk.

Covid-19 is such a bastard stealing the best of us.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #387
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Strains/Mutations of Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Indeed. I find the lack of coverage re multiple strains surprising, and a bit suspicious. Why news outlets aren't mentioning it, I don't know but it's so odd that it adds to my concern.
I have no background in microbiology, so I googled and found a fairly decent & helpful explanation of "strains/mutations" of Covid-19 in this interview by a CTV news reporter with Jonathan Jarry of the McGill Office for Science and Society: (particular question re: "strains" begins at @ 1:25)

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1933809
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #388
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Post Sorrowful

Quote:
This doesn’t seem real. Glad to know Sherrie was with you virtually for Seder. That would have meant a lot to her.

Get in touch with those you think about. You just never know.
Sad day for so many.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 04:20 AM   #389
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coronavirus V: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #390
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

How very sad! I remember reading some of her works in this group. May she Rest In Peace and her family find peace.

From my family to hers,

Zimmeh

Quote:
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #391
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So very sorry to hear about GreyingButch and LeftWriteFemme.

I didn't really know either, but I always enjoyed LeftWrite's postings.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #392
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

LOLOL take 2 swigs of Clorox, Lysol, any disinfectant you have ~ stand under a UV light ~ You will be fine << Donald Trump

The BABOON struck again !! lol
Old 04-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #393
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Dr. Jane Goodall

Dr. Jane Goodall, 86, British primatologist, ethologist and anthropologist, says we are to blame for this pandemic.

"Hopefully there will be more understanding of the fact that it's our messing with nature, cutting down forests, bringing people and animals close together, hunting animals and eating them, and selling them that's led to these viruses spreading from animals to people..."

She "argued that destroying habitats has forced animals into closer proximity, spreading diseases — and ultimately infecting humans."

She said the deadly crisis also highlights the dangers of “meat markets for wild animals in Asia, especially China, and our intensive farms where we cruelly crowd together billions of animals around the world.”

“These are the conditions that create an opportunity for the viruses to jump from animals across the species barrier to humans,” she told AFP.

"If these conditions, and especially the cruelty of the meat markets where wild animals are forced into tiny cages and sold for food or pets, that's happening in many different countries around the world and it's those conditions that have led to viruses jumping from an animal species to a human. There's a lot known about this now, how it happens, and of course, in some cases, it's led to something like COVID-19. SARS is another example of a virus that began in a wet market in China," Goodall said in a telephonic interview to IANSLife, while she is sheltering in England.

All of the above from various sources online, and all of what she has said echoes my own view on the origin of this virus.

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 07:10 AM   #394
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree 100% with everything she says.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 11:22 AM   #395
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

CALM DOWN EVERYBODY!

MF45 just suggested injecting people with bleach, it's not like he said anything REALLY dangerous like when Michelle Obama suggested that kids eat more vegetables.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 07:22 PM   #396
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
LOLOL take 2 swigs of Clorox, Lysol, any disinfectant you have ~ stand under a UV light ~ You will be fine << Donald Trump

The BABOON struck again !! lol
Priceless............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 01:40 AM   #397
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Currently 1 out of 5 people tested randomly in NYC have coronavirus antibodies. 88% of people who go on ventilators in NYC die. Half of people who have shortness of breath as a symptom end up needing ventilators. NYC is thought to have a strain of COVID more similar to European countries than other parts of the U.S. and more fatal. Needless to say BB and I have been sealed inside our apartment for 5 weeks with no plans of setting foot outside our apartment building. It's hard to imagine that elsewhere, in other parts of the U.S., people are denying the virus can become a problem for them. NYC has turned into what feels more like a third-world country. People who can't care for themselves but aren't about to die are being discharged from hospitals to nursing homes and sent with a body bag, so everyone else in the nursing homes are dying but they don't know what to do with them. Up the street from me Central Park has turned into a tent hospital. Multiple notices come per week of people at my synagogue who have died of COVID. Greyingbutch was symptomatic for weeks and then died shortly after arriving at the hospital before any intervention could be attempted. Leftwritefemme died at the hospital within six days of having symptoms of COVID. I'm beyond words but wanted to check in and share. I feel more comfortable sharing with my community here than in larger social media settings. I'm grateful for all of you.

How do I... ?
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 01:58 AM   #398
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Here's a copy-paste for Greyingbutch: https://www.lambdaliterary.org/2020/...toria-repetto/

and one for LeftWriteFemme:

https://www.facebook.com/SerendipitousGallery

It's so very sad to lose members of our community.

How do I... ?
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #399
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

The REAL reason why he wants everyone to drink bleach is to turn more people white.

For the love of god people, DON'T drink the bleach!

Tennessee Poison Center sees more calls, hospitalizations over disinfectants amid COVID-19

The Tennessee Poison Center has seen an increase in calls related to cleaning supply overexposure as well as a jump in people hospitalized after ingesting hydrogen peroxide as Tennesseans try to ward off the coronavirus.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...19/3013177001/
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #400
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,529 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Currently 1 out of 5 people tested randomly in NYC have coronavirus antibodies. 88% of people who go on ventilators in NYC die. Half of people who have shortness of breath as a symptom end up needing ventilators. NYC is thought to have a strain of COVID more similar to European countries than other parts of the U.S. and more fatal. Needless to say BB and I have been sealed inside our apartment for 5 weeks with no plans of setting foot outside our apartment building. It's hard to imagine that elsewhere, in other parts of the U.S., people are denying the virus can become a problem for them. NYC has turned into what feels more like a third-world country. People who can't care for themselves but aren't about to die are being discharged from hospitals to nursing homes and sent with a body bag, so everyone else in the nursing homes are dying but they don't know what to do with them. Up the street from me Central Park has turned into a tent hospital. Multiple notices come per week of people at my synagogue who have died of COVID. Greyingbutch was symptomatic for weeks and then died shortly after arriving at the hospital before any intervention could be attempted. Leftwritefemme died at the hospital within six days of having symptoms of COVID. I'm beyond words but wanted to check in and share. I feel more comfortable sharing with my community here than in larger social media settings. I'm grateful for all of you.
Thank you for sharing. I use your situation as a point of reference when ever I speak to anyone being careless. I see so much denial it's scary. Really, go to a beauty shop so you can be in close proximity of your hairdresser and everyone else she has seen during the day?

I think of you and your quarantine status often. I'm here for you💚💙💜😷

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: