Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #141
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,247 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Information regarding ex-priest now working for TSA:

Harkins Thomas M. 1971 P Sued Dioscean Named in 1994 RICO civil suit filed in Camden. Allegation of abuse of girl in 1979-80. Sent for therapy. 2nd allegation. Both settled for total of $195K. Church did not report allegation to police per state law. Sent for treatment on other occasions. Active until 2002 when permanently removed. Woman filed suit 5/16/12 alleging abuse on multiple occasions in 1980 and 1981 at St. Anthony of Padua in Hammondton. Camden, NJ Source:
Philadelphia Inquirer 10.16.05; Courier Post 5.17.12

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #142
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

TSA VIPR Team Spotted at… Detroit Music Festival??

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/tsa-vipr-team-spotted-at-detroit-music-festival/

Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #143
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

This is about DHS, not TSA, but shows the mission creep by the agency.

Revealed: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government spying on you (and they include 'pork', 'cloud' and 'Mexico')

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150281/REVEALED-Hundreds-words-avoid-using-online-dont-want-government-spying-you.html?ICO=most_read_module

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #144
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA’s $1 billion program to ‘read’ fliers’ expressions comes under fire after failing to catch any bad guys

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/05/27/052712-news-tsa-behavior-detection-1-3/

Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #145
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
TSA’s $1 billion program to ‘read’ fliers’ expressions comes under fire after failing to catch any bad guys

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/05/27/052712-news-tsa-behavior-detection-1-3/
Why oh why don't we just go talk to the Israeli folks and do what they do????
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #146
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Follow the money!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #147
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

5 Things The TSA Doesn't Want You To See (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christopher-elliott/5-things-the-tsa-doesnt-want-video_b_1551218.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #148
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

How much do we really hate the TSA?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/travel/tsa-complaints/index.html

Old 06-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #149
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I recently traveled to Virginia, via PDX, and ORF. In the past, I have always been put through the full pat down due to an artificial knee.

PDX

No pat down. Efficient, attentive staff, full body scan. In and out, no fuss no muss. No conversation.

ORF

Full pat down. Friendly, cheerful, animated, empathetic, and attentive staff. In and out, no fuss no muss.

Personally, I preferred the full body scan. I was in and out, there was no "Female assist" announcement. I was on my way quickly, and in my opinion, I am not offended at all by the full body scan. I can see where it could be a problem for people with medical devices that could be harmed by this, but there were people there that were quickly moved to the pat down area, and were advised helpfully that they can now get some type of travel document to provide to TSA about their devices. Also, on the TSA website, they had options for persons who have been sexually traumatized.

Overall, I feel that the TSA is there for excellent reasons. I feel safer with them there, and I am happy to comply. There are always going to be bad employees in any job, and rules that need tweaking.

Realistically, the people who want to harm others, are likely to continue to seek ways to get past TSA, so I expect them to be vigilant, even if this inconveniences me or makes me a little uncomfortable.

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #150
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I recently traveled to Virginia, via PDX, and ORF. In the past, I have always been put through the full pat down due to an artificial knee.

PDX

No pat down. Efficient, attentive staff, full body scan. In and out, no fuss no muss. No conversation.

ORF

Full pat down. Friendly, cheerful, animated, empathetic, and attentive staff. In and out, no fuss no muss.

Personally, I preferred the full body scan. I was in and out, there was no "Female assist" announcement. I was on my way quickly, and in my opinion, I am not offended at all by the full body scan. I can see where it could be a problem for people with medical devices that could be harmed by this, but there were people there that were quickly moved to the pat down area, and were advised helpfully that they can now get some type of travel document to provide to TSA about their devices. Also, on the TSA website, they had options for persons who have been sexually traumatized.

Overall, I feel that the TSA is there for excellent reasons. I feel safer with them there, and I am happy to comply. There are always going to be bad employees in any job, and rules that need tweaking.

Realistically, the people who want to harm others, are likely to continue to seek ways to get past TSA, so I expect them to be vigilant, even if this inconveniences me or makes me a little uncomfortable.
Thank you for telling your experience.

I would also like to know if you have any concerns, or if you have looked into, the medical issues the backscatter machine might cause. The backscatter machines were banned in Europe due to the health concerns. Link

The other question I have is if you are aware that items can pass unseen through the backscatter machine? http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/1b-of-nude-body-scanners-made-worthless-by-blog-how-anyone-can-get-anything-past-the-tsas-nude-body-scanners/

Would you feel less secure, possibly even no longer flying, if passengers were able to bring water and other liquids on the plane, wear shoes through screening, and only pass through the metal detector?

Again, thank you for contributing to the conversation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #151
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you for telling your experience.

I would also like to know if you have any concerns, or if you have looked into, the medical issues the backscatter machine might cause. The backscatter machines were banned in Europe due to the health concerns. Link

The other question I have is if you are aware that items can pass unseen through the backscatter machine? http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/1b-of-nude-body-scanners-made-worthless-by-blog-how-anyone-can-get-anything-past-the-tsas-nude-body-scanners/

Would you feel less secure, possibly even no longer flying, if passengers were able to bring water and other liquids on the plane, wear shoes through screening, and only pass through the metal detector?

Again, thank you for contributing to the conversation.

I would continue to fly regardless, I think that I face more risks and inconveniences in driving my car to work daily, than flying (this includes health and safety). I think that they are continuing to develop new technology, and are likely to fix current technology issues as they come up.

Passengers can, and do bring liquids onto the plane, but they are purchased after passing through TSA. I don't think that is likely to change, but who knows.

The imaging machine that I passed through at PDX was a Millimeter Wave Unit. Based on continuing research, this seems to be the safer of the two as far as repeated exposure. I think that if I encountered the Backscatter Unit, I would request a pat down.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #152
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA waste and fraud

http://tsanewsblog.com/3298/news/tsa-waste-and-fraud/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+tsanewsblog%2FAzgs+%28TSA+News%29

Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #153
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post

Among other things Israeli airport security involves stringent racial profiling, something that didnt fly (pun intended) here.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #154
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Although, in the US, my experience has been that I inevitably need to remove shoes passing through security, in Europe it is much less consistent. In general, across Europe, passengers are not required to remove their shoes or, in some instances, to remove their shoes if they have large in-built heels.

Regarding bringing liquids through security. Obviously the banning of these liquids only took effect in summer of 2006 (I remember it well as I was due to fly to Asia that day) but there is now an impetus in the UK to reverse this ban. I think a reversal of the "no liquids" ban is to be piloted shortly.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #155
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I have had the opportunity to fly several times in the past few years. As far as getting through security I have not had any real problems, unless you count the time when I was wearing a pair of jeans that had rivets that set off the alarm thing and I did get to have my purse dumped out because I had a key chain that was what I suspected made of a lead type material. They didn't even put the stuff back in my purse... Jerks! lol.. As far as taking liquid through this is what I have done with regards to taking something to drink. I own several cups with lids and straws in some cases, most if not all of the vendors that you encounter after the security gates will let you fill your cup with ice and water. I even have had flight attendants tell me that was a great idea, one even tried to steal my Starbucks straw cup. I told her she needed to get her own.lol. I will be flying again real soon and I will definitely taking my cup with me. TSA had no problem with me bringing my cup through security, they too said it was a good idea as long as it was empty.
I hope my trip in late July goes smoothly on the trip coming back to Colorado. I know leaving here will be easy enough, it is the other airport that I am worrying about.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #156
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

SDSU Student Back Home After Detour Over ‘No-Fly’ List Status

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/06/08/sdsu-student-back-home-after-detour-over-no-fly-list-status/

Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #157
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA Wants to Taste your Post-Checkpoint Drink

http://wewontfly.com/tsa-wants-to-taste-your-post-checkpoint-drink

Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #158
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA Invades Chicago Union Station

http://johnconner1984.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/tsa-invades-chicago-union-station/

The day after Independence Day, TSA is at the Chicago rail station. So much for independence and for 'if you don't like it, don't fly'.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #159
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Man accused of impersonating airline employee at Eppley

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1364071-man-accused-impersonating-airline-employee-oma.html

Court documents obtained by the KETV NewsWatch 7's I-Team detailed allegations made by an FBI special agent, which show that Foster pretended to be a United Airlines employee at Eppley Airfield for six weeks starting in April 2012. Foster is accused of accessing secured areas and computers at Eppley Airfield, according to the court documents.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #160
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I have traveled a bit lately. Different experiences different airports.

One airport- no problem with sealed bottle of liquid med, with prescription written and signed by my MD. TSA told me it was great it was factory sealed.

Another airport, same med, same script, same seal: got me a public pat down in front of everyone in the security line. No offer of privacy, crotch and breasts included. Embarrassing, even if it was a TSA butch dyke doing the body check.

Third airport-TSA was happy it was unsealed this time. Checked it to make sure not explosives, no problem.

Three airports. Three different rules/treatments. Consistency would be nice.
Different treatment this past week, continued:

Flew out of Long Beach, told them about liquid med-TSA did the explosives test.

Flew out of Oakland, told them about liquid med, TSA did not even take it out of the baggie. Checked the label against my boarding pass and waved me through.

Consistency would still be nice.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: