Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #41
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_you View Post

Breath/Body Odor - Do you say something or live with it?
Since I have a very strong sense of smell I feel I would have to tell someone very close to me or else I couldn't live with the person... In other cases I try to endure until I can get away...
I'm very sensitive to smells too. It's terrible. Bad breath or lack of hygiene is a deal-breaker for me. It's an instant turn-off.

I agree with what others have said on this thread. Everybody lies. Even I lie occasionally but I fail to understand people who seem to spend their lives lying as though it's completely normal.

I was dating somebody a few months ago and found out hy lied about hys age when I accidentally caught sight of hys license. I'm like, "Really?" Then, hy got offended that I told my family. What!? If you're lying about your age and get that angry when somebody shares it openly with their family then you've got a few issues.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #42
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
If I was totally honest all the time, then, irrespective of how sensitive I deliver the message, I'd very quickly get into trouble.

For example, if someone tells me that they've just got a new hairstyle, I'll likely tell them that it looks really nice - whether I think it does or not. It's just polite, inane conversation to me but, if i like or at least don't dislike the person, I'd likely tell them a white lie to avoid causing any offence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_you View Post
Well, I'm usually considered "too honest" and I often seem to get into trouble for that... In the end, I start keeping too much to myself and that seems to be disliked too...

I'm having a very hard time with what ppl call "white lies", to me I don't see any reason why someone would lie about small things like someones hair-cut for example. If I look bad, I would like to know!

I will happily "lie" about such things. It depends on context to me.

For example, last week I met a friend for a coffee and she had a very large Coach bag. I'd never seen her with this before and as a middle-income earner with a young family, it is a luxury that she couldn't afford on a regular basis.

I didn't think it looked nice (because of the colour and a bit on the large size) but I immediately complimented her on her nice her bag was. I did this because I thought she'd be happy with the compliment, as she appeared to be, and it gets the conversation off to a reasonable start.

Does that make me insincere? Maybe. Does it make me a bad person? No, although many other things about me do.

It's the same when someone asks me about their haircut or a dress that they are wearing. Often they are not asking for an honest critique but, rather, for validation. If I think that they are looking for validation, then I'll validate where possible. Of course, if it looks ridiculous, I'd politely say something - it's all about context.

Take, for example, someone who is wearing a new dress on a night out. I don't particularly like it but, if asked, I'll try to be complimentary about the dress and how the lady is wearing it.

On the other hand, if my friend shows me the dress because she bought it and is having second thoughts, thinking of taking it back, then I'll feel more able to give an honest critique and, diplomatically, will do so.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #43
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation

Actually, I didn't read all the comments before I posted my reply so I didn't see you had written sth about hair-cuts...
What I wrote, I didn't mean as a criticism against white-lying in general... What I meant is more that I'm having a hard time with the whole thing for reasons like this:
  1. I truly am incapable of telling white lies and sometimes it feels like a slight social handicap not to be able to in some occasions do so... meaning: I wish I could, then I would!
  2. I personally want my friends true opinion when I ask how I look so I sometimes forget that no everyone wants that...
  3. I often feel I can tell when someone is lying and it can be very confusing in the long run when surrounded by ppl who tell white lies too often... (in the end I don't know what to believe...)

Quote:
I will happily "lie" about such things. It depends on context to me.
I totally agree that it depends on the context!

Once I was out with friends at a place without mirrors. At some point during the evening my make up got ruined and I basically looked like a raccoon the entire evening... My friends didn't say anything so I realized how I looked when I finally got home. I find that them not telling me was way more rude than if they would actually tell me so I can do something about it.

Quote:

Does that make me insincere? Maybe. Does it make me a bad person? No, although many other things about me do.
I too often give compliments -I don't find it insincere. Just because I personally don't like something doesn't mean it cannot be seen as nice by others... One can almost always find something nice to say to others.

I most definitely wouldn't think of white-lying as something that would make someone a "bad person". What's "good" and "bad" always depends on the situation imo...

Quote:

It's the same when someone asks me about their haircut or a dress that they are wearing. Often they are not asking for an honest critique but, rather, for validation. If I think that they are looking for validation, then I'll validate where possible. Of course, if it looks ridiculous, I'd politely say something - it's all about context.

Take, for example, someone who is wearing a new dress on a night out. I don't particularly like it but, if asked, I'll try to be complimentary about the dress and how the lady is wearing it.
In my case if I realize the person is actually looking for validation (hard to know what is in ppl's heads...) then I will try to avoid the question. I might turn the question back at the person or avoid answering it... I can try to find sth I like in the dress or the person so I can give a fair compliment -just like you said (if I understood correctly).

What I can't do is tell someone "you look great" when I find they don't. I'm not saying it's bad to do so I just personally can't do it and don't like it when others do it to me... Also, I don't understand why my opinion of other ppl's looks would be of any interest. I'm not so much into looks, I'm more like into the "energy" of a person, what it feels like when I'm around them... but that's a whole different story...

Quote:
On the other hand, if my friend shows me the dress because she bought it and is having second thoughts, thinking of taking it back, then I'll feel more able to give an honest critique and, diplomatically, will do so.
That's exactly the type of situation I would find mean to not tell the truth. So totally agree on that one as well!

I would like to share another example: There is this very handsome butch at my work and once when we were having a break she took of her "working-hat" (I don't know how they are called) and said: "I know, my hair looks like a mess". Obviously she didn't want to hear what her hair looked like and I felt I couldn't say "oh no, it looks great" when we both knew very well that it didn't... So I replied sth like: "oh, I don't care about stuff like that" which is very true I really don't care about looks so much.

So I guess I can be a bit of a diplomat too...
Had I been completely honest I would probably say sth like: "oh, you could shave your head for all I care, I would still find you smokin hot but since you have a girlfriend and you are a co-worker you are more like look but don't touch for me. Not to mention you are probably out of my league as well..."

It's a good think ppl can't read minds isn't it? lol

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by agape; 09-09-2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: grammar...
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agape For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #44
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Honesty is kind of a funny thing. By funny I don’t necessarily mean haha funny, although at times it is that, I mean that honesty in terms of what is true is oddly obscure and often difficult to pin down. The reality is that honesty and truth are not interchangeable. Frequently they are not the same thing at all and are often worlds apart in thought, word and deed.

It would be nice if truth were black and white and easily understood when talking in terms of honesty. I have found that what is my truth today is not always my truth tomorrow. And I have a hard time feeling any depth of allegiance to something so abstract, fleeting and changeable. So while I could always answer honestly about how I see it today or how I am feeling about something at any given moment I am not the barometer of truth for anyone. I am wary of acting as a truth bringer for someone else. Do I like your purse or your dress or your choice of reading material? Who cares really? I could tell you honestly how I feel about any of those things or a number of others, but seriously what does that tell you about the purse or the dress or the book your are reading, or anything else for that matter? My answer would give you information about me. It would tell you about the kinds of clothes I like and the books I enjoy as well as give you a window into how I treat other human beings. But it would give you little information about the actual object or subject in question. So to me when someone asks something about their personal choices I understand it to mean that they are less interested in my personal opinion than they are in being made to feel validated about their choices. We all need that.

I tell myself that the person is not going to be comforted to hear that I think their dress is funny looking and the sleeves make me want to laugh out loud or that their bag is ridiculous and to me it looks like they are ready for a day or two at the beach. My opinion, that the bag could do double duty as a cooler and if I added a plastic liner and some ice or an ice pack I could keep my drinks and my food cold all day, is not something that needs to be shared with the owner of said bag. Likewise they don’t need to know that I find their choice of reading material misguided at best. Who the hell am I? I mean opinions are like assholes and mine is no more valid or less prone to bullshit than anyone else’s. I’m not even going to get started on the unconscious motivations or hidden agendas that are often deeply buried behind our so-called honesty.

For me, when I love people, my desire is to support them. I don’t find telling them I think their haircut is less than flattering is supportive. No matter how much honesty I believe I owe them. Or how nicely and kindly I choose to say it. If I am looking to always tell the truth, then the truth is that I don’t believe I am qualified to give an opinion regarding fashion or hairstyles. Nor am I a book, film or art critic. And if you are interested in me as a person you are already clear on my choice of fashion, film, art and reading material, as well as a host of other things. If you are paying attention, you know me. So when you ask me how I like your hair or your clothes you already know if it is something I would choose. And if it is not and you still ask me then you are looking for something other than my feelings about said object. You are asking me about how I feel about the thing in reference to YOU. How do I like it on you? I love you so I support your personal choices. I want you to express yourself. I don’t want you to express me. I can do that myself. So I will choose to answer in a way that is supportive of your expression of yourself.

As far as smelly people, I have found they are not surprised to know they smell. There are plethoras of honest people walking about dying to share their truth so there is little chance I would be the first to inform them of their offensive odor. I figure if they haven’t done something about it by now they are probably not going to just because I choose to be the bearer of the honest truth for them. So I could still tell them, but I have to be honest with myself if I choose to do that. I must understand that I am doing it because their stink pisses me off and I want them to know it and not because I believe I am doing them any favors.

I am fortunate that I have no relatives who have hygiene issues and I would not choose to have a close personal relationship with someone who has poor hygiene. So if someone who I love happened to smell for any reason it would be temporary and situational like working out hard or eating garlic shrimp and I wouldn’t feel the need to rush them into the shower or hand them a bottle of mouth wash even if I honestly felt that would be the best thing for them to do. I have never been in a relationship with anyone who felt inclined to go out or go to work after working out or eating onions without showering, brushing their teeth, gargling with mouth wash and sucking on a breath mint. And if someone chooses to do this, I doubt it’s because nobody has had the good manners to be honest with them. I think it is a much different problem than a lack of honesty from close personal friends and family.

As far as sex goes, for me it is important to be real.

When it comes to arguments, I will apologize for my part. I don’t look at an argument as a win/lose kind of thing, at least I try not to. I believe in compromise so I very rarely feel I am so right that I can’t be wrong.

I find myself disliking very few people and never have I disliked a friend of a partner. I like some people better than others but I rarely actively dislike anyone. So it’s hard to imagine what I might do. I’d like to think I would not feel it necessary to make my feelings about my wife’s friend matter at all.

I used to think that letting too many things "go" in a relationship would end up in a serious blow-up or break-up so I always tried for a resolution. I was never willing to let anything go. It had to be processed and worked through until everyone was satisfied. I was exhausting. Now I often mentally wander away from an argument long before it is resolved. I get bored with fighting. I don’t have to win. I don’t even have to always be understood. I seriously think about how important is something compared to my love for my wife. I don’t feel that I’m being compromised as a person by letting stuff go. Or that I’m stuffing my feelings. I never stuff my feelings. Noone who is close to me ever wonders how I feel about something. It’s just that I don’t make my feelings the truth of anything. Just because I feel some way doesn’t mean I have to get my way.

I like to think that honesty is important to me, but it is not the kind of honesty that needs to tell someone what I think about their clothes or their hairstyle or their friends. It’s more an honesty of commitment, an honesty of emotional depth and openness, an honesty of the heart, a willingness to show you honestly and fearlessly who I am. And If I am in a relationship with someone who has the depth of love and the strength of character to do that for me, the kind of honesty they will get back will be honest love and compassion and an honest desire to protect and honor what they have shown me. And an honest acceptance without judgment of who they are.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #46
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agape For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #47
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Telling this much truth.......maybe not such a good idea

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #48
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Hi there Girl_On_Fire

Thanks for this thread, it's really interesting, just thought I'd share a few thoughts of my own.
  • Arguments - Do you aplogize when you know you're not wrong?

No, not ever, but I will always apologise for inadvertently hurting my partner when trying to talk about something that might be sensitive. An apology goes a long way in helping to resolve things, but only if you really are sorry.

• Attraction - Do you deny that someone or something else caught your eye for a just moment when asked?

I've not had much bother with this, when I'm with someone I genuinely only have eyes for them, I don't tend to notice anyone else. And if my partner feels that for someone else, I don't want to hear about it.

• Sexual Satisfaction - Do you fake it or are you honest?

Faking it seems a bit pointless so I don't bother. But looking back on relationships when I was much younger, I think there was probably a lot of faking it going on, on both sides, without realising it, probably because it can take a while to figure out exactly what you want, and also learn to then ask for it.

• Breath/Body Odor - Do you say something or live with it?

This one's brilliant, I love a partner who smells strongly of sweat, mud, socks, whatever, it's a total turn-on for me, and I also enjoy being with that partner in a bed that hasn't had the sheets changed in weeks and weeks and weeks. The stinkier the better, I know it's odd, but god how I love it.

I, on the other hand, prefer to smell like Armani She.

• Friends - Would you tell your partner if you didn't like one their friends or just grin and bear it?

I don't believe I need to like my partner's friends but life is certainly much easier if I do. I only once had a partner whose friends were really awful, but it was mostly around not respecting our relationship, treating her as if she was still single, so yes I told my partner I didn't like it and she felt the same, so we dealt with it together and that was fine. Otherwise, I'm happy to respect my partner's friendships even if I don't care much for those people, as long as it doesn't impact on my relationship.
Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #49
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

In accordance with my spiritual beliefs, these are the criteria I try to use before I speak my truth (with emphasis on the phrase "I try" because I am still very much a work in progress).

1. Is it true?
2. Is it kind?
3. Is it necessary?

Also, I would add a 4th when it comes to brutal honesty.
4. Is it going to affect the outcome or the general situation in a positive way?

For instance, you know that someone has plans to physically or mentally cause harm to another person and you warn that party to avoid a certain situation or individual(s). In that case, obviously my answer is going to be to tell them in order to protect them from potential harm. (And of course, if it is an actionable threat, contact the appropriate authorities).

On the other hand, if it is just mutual friends/acquaintances discussing how stupid they think a friend's new haircut/outfit, etc. looks, then no; I do not feel it necessary to repeat that sort of nonsense. Neither do I think it makes me any less authentic as a friend or otherwise to not do so. I would, however, put a stop to that sort of discussion were it taking place in front of me.

My motto with my closest friends is if I am asked a direct question, I will not lie. However, neither will I go out of my way to say something that I feel is unnecessarily hurtful. And I have found that amongst those closest friends, it is often not what is being said but how it is delivered that makes a lot of difference in how it is received; whether they have specifically asked for the feedback or not.

Just a point of clarification - I don't believe anyone I know would be hurt to be told they had spinach in their teeth, etc; so in those instances I would opt to say something.

Last edited by Smiling; 12-14-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Adding that yes; in my opinion there is a such thing as too much honesty, but I can only live according to my own conscience.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #50
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I will lie my ass off about things like haircut, hair color, tattoos, outfit (once we have left the house), large purchases (house/car), etc

for the simple reason that the thing is usually already done before my opinion is sought

If someone has just cut their waist-length hair completely off, there is no way in hell I would say anything at all that isn't "OMG OMG YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE WOW"

Not even "i liked it better before"

And that brings me to my main criteria for honesty, which is "will it be productive?"

If my honesty will help the person or the situation, I am honest

If it will do more harm than good, I will, as I said, happily lie my ass off
Old 12-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #51
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I will also lie my ass off to people whose reactions tend to be extreme:

If you are a person who hits the roof if you feel like someone is questioning you, you do not get my honesty

If you are a person who will drag everyone through a two-hour guilt and recrimination session after the slightest hint of criticism, you don't get my honesty

If you are a person who has to win every argument no matter how long it takes, then yes, i will dishonestly apologize for something I don't really believe is my fault just to shut you up

However, if you are any of these three people, we are not going to be dating so a lot of this won't come up
Old 12-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #52
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

OH!

Also I will lie my ass off to people I don't know very well, for example

Husband of a friend of a friend: "kids today have no work ethic, don't you agree?"
Me: "sure"
Old 12-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #53
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

<--------- is, apparently, a big fat liar
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #54
Asari

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Asari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
  • Arguments - Do you aplogize when you know you're not wrong?

Not for what I said, but for the way I said it or for bad timing.
  • Attraction - Do you deny that someone or something else caught your eye for a just moment when asked?

That's not a problem for me so... no.
  • Sexual Satisfaction - Do you fake it or are you honest?

I guess I wouldn't fake it.
  • Breath/Body Odor - Do you say something or live with it?

When I'm really close to that person I would talk about it (actually had that situation with a good friend of mine).
  • Friends - Would you tell your partner if you didn't like one their friends or just grin and bear it?

Hm. I usually have a good reason not to like someone and probably would tell my partner and maybe I was wrong about that friend and even change my mind.

Where do you, personally, draw the line?
I'm more like this:

Can be pretty awkward... but I don't talk very much about shallow things in general and my friends are used to my quiet character.

Mahatma Gandhi
Asari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Asari For This Useful Post:

Tags
gesturing, honesty, love, relationships, white lies