Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #41
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Melatonin is helping me sleep. One tab and Im not waking up in panic.

Working side by side with Paphigleo makes a yucky job have really sweet aspects to it. Hes a damn good nurse.

Money still has me worried. I juggled, and with 'Phig paying half the rent (ive never had a partner do that before. Or roomate, either. WOAH) Rent got paid. I have 7 dollars left over for the gas tank, and he said hed help me fill it if I needed to.

So my needs are met. And I just need to deep breath. Sometimes I wonder, am I stressed because I LIKE to worry? I mean, I dont THINK I like to worry. But dang, I just am not letting stuff go. I would really like to know how people handle this. Is there a spell? Coping tool I havent seen yet?

For right now, Im going out to my back porch, say a prayer of gratitude for the gifts of today, Enjoy the sweetness in the air, and go to bed. Yeah Melatonin.

PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #42
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Echoing Pearls, Melatonin has worked very well to help ease me into sleep and maintain a deeper one.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Melatonin is helping me sleep. One tab and Im not waking up in panic.

Working side by side with Paphigleo makes a yucky job have really sweet aspects to it. Hes a damn good nurse.

Money still has me worried. I juggled, and with 'Phig paying half the rent (ive never had a partner do that before. Or roomate, either. WOAH) Rent got paid. I have 7 dollars left over for the gas tank, and he said hed help me fill it if I needed to.

So my needs are met. And I just need to deep breath. Sometimes I wonder, am I stressed because I LIKE to worry? I mean, I dont THINK I like to worry. But dang, I just am not letting stuff go. I would really like to know how people handle this. Is there a spell? Coping tool I havent seen yet?

For right now, Im going out to my back porch, say a prayer of gratitude for the gifts of today, Enjoy the sweetness in the air, and go to bed. Yeah Melatonin.

Some people do thrive on stress and strife in their lives. I've got one coworker, bless her, if she didn't have bad or horrible luck, she'd have none at all. That's the way her entire life has been so when things smooth out a little, she freaks out because nothing's going horribly wrong. Good doesn't feel right.

For myself, it depends on what is stressing me out. Work stuff I pretty much stuff until I am around someone that understands and then I vent. My personal money stuff, I feel frustrated and may mention it here and there, but other than buckling down and just doing what needs to be done, I really don't do much in that regard. If I'm upset about the treatment of someone I care about, oh, the whole world knows.

I tend to play 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' a little too much and have a difficult time letting some things go too but I just kind of work through it and when it pops up again, I work through it again. Eventually, I'll find the bottom of it and be done, I hope. *wry grin*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #44
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

If I take melatonin, it gives me night terrors. Go figure.

Yep, way over stressed and anxious here, having to wait to get in to see the doc for anxiety meds....4 to 6 weeks. UGH. Gotta love the red tape.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #45
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #46
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

What stresses me out?

Oh dear.

1. Idiotic nurses. Not saying ALL nurses are idiotic. Just wondering how I manage to get the job that is supervised by the idiotic nurses. The one GOOD nurse I have is quitting. This will be my last weekend with her. Which leads me to...

2. Weekends I work. Those usually end up ending very very badly. The ADONs don't have good "staff shortage" plans in place usually. And my unit is already short 1. I usually end up getting the hardest hall because I'm the only one that knows how to do it on those weekends.

3. Hours being cut. I'm curious to see the new schedule. It was bad enough they screwed up my position when I was hired, making it part-time rather than full-time. Then they somehow thought cutting my hours by one day a pay period would go over well with me. So, if they cut my hours, and we're normally short, I don't get how that adds up. Must be some math I don't know.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #47
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Apparently, my bosses and Damon's bosses share some connection, be it DNA or telepathy or something.

They are also beginning to micromanage the Hell out of me, which gets under my skin, since I know how to run this place and they can't even work the program at the Front Desk.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #48
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I am just so stressed out over waiting for test results to come back in.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #49
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the money maker in my family,plus the caretaker.When i'm stressed out I pray to my lord.He reminds me just how lucky I am..and I am.When I actually think about just how lucky I am..my stress fades away.

I have nothing to fear,bring it on.

BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #50
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

We camped out in the back yard. Ate hotdogs, for the same cost of staying indoors for the weekend.

We spent the weekend predominantly media free.

My pulse is almost back to my normal 58, and not bounding. First time in weeks. Im back to being vampiric cold. This is my baseline.

I think this is a stress reducing activity we will repeat very soon.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Apparently, my bosses and Damon's bosses share some connection, be it DNA or telepathy or something.

They are also beginning to micromanage the Hell out of me, which gets under my skin, since I know how to run this place and they can't even work the program at the Front Desk.
*snickers*

I've forgotten what it's like to be left alone to work. To not hear "do this" while one of my bosses stands there laughing with another boss about...hell I dunno.

*wanders off muttering obscenities about work*
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #52
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am learning to take stress in stride.. I have stressed for the last several years over finances left from a past relationship, a house we bought and then found out she was cheating on me.. I kept the house and the mortgage. I would say I wouldnt have it any other way but the house is the one thing that is keeping us from seriously considering moving to a state we would like better... I love our house... We have so many plans for it..I just wish it wasn't in the bible belt... Hmmm... maybe we could move our house?? LOL..

Damon has helped me become the strong independent confident woman I am today... we manage things together and when I get stressed out he is my rock and makes me sane again... even when I am crying so much he cant understand what I am saying... lol... as he says "girls"... he doesnt always understand me but he is always there anyway! Thank you baby I love you!

Sometimes I have to remember that life sometimes hands you lemons and you just have to learn to make lemonade..
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #53
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

.or atleast some days it sure feels that way when the stress gets to me it's overwhelming.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #54
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am a stressed out wreck since the flood.

Finally I do tink we have everyone I know with a place to live, so now, I need to chill.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #55
rubygirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme all the way
Relationship Status:
Me, myself and I

rubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputationrubygirl Has the BEST Reputation

I`m stressed out by what my sons`father did to them. I feel no one in my family believes me or that it`s had such an impact on my sons. Even the dad has no idea of the monster he has become. I fear my sons will never understand what `calm down`means. I`ve tried finding therapy and-or groups for them to attend but it seems the damage has been done. I do see my sons`improving in their behaviour but as a mom, I worry. Luckily I found the strength to leave that SOB!!!
rubygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubygirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #56
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Stressing out hardcore these days. Just gotta remember to breathe.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #57
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #58
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Until I can find a way to actually get blood from a turnip, I'm going to be stressed out.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #59
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

At the moment I'm stressing over buying a car... I know it seems trivial but thats all I'm stressing about. I hate car sales people. I already told one place to F-Off (I didn't really say those exact words, but I sure wanted to) So now I found a new dealership, that is NOT hassling me to BUY today cause it will be gone tomorrow.

I should have a new car buy next wknd. So I just have to be patient. Oh did I use the word patient, I have NO clue what that word means... lol
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #60
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Everyone has different stressors in their life and everyone handles stress differently for sure. Me, I can't take a lot of stress anymore. I have found that the older I get, the less stress I can deal with. I try to live my life stress free, but right now, that's NOT an option that I can fullfill. Hopefully soon, I will be less stressed out over things in my life.