Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #21
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

I think there's lots of potentially good relationships out there for most people, and that it's mostly a matter of chance and timing as to who you end up with.

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

My take on ppl...
There comes a point in your life when you realize:

Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
...And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future...
Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #23
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBluIze View Post
It really should not take that OB
(you have been pushing that in my head for a while my friend) ...
And yes, unfortunately,
that is sometimes what it takes to get you guys to look our way
(not even trying to push and ask for an approach, just a look and we can take over from there, if needed).
*thinking I need to seriously make a trip to Home Depot*
LOL...

Yanno, some butches are simply shy and well..... a little nudge is needed.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #24
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have met and coupled with, at two seperate and different times in this life, a set of brothers who have travelled lives with me.

I have been in love more than once. And I intensely remember loves from other lives.

I do not believe in Once.

I do believe in soul mates.

soul mate, in my definition, is someone who impregnantes your soul and gives birth to a contination of the Infinite that we left behind when we came to this earth.

They inflate who you are simply by being who they are.

like the clap of a bell

or the fragrance of jasmine outside your door

the moment it arrives and presents itself to you, your Self responds
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #25
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

and soul mates do not mean forever in regard to this life. When met upon in a life, there is work to be done.

in the course of eternity, a lifetime or two working on evolution together does not take away from love

it is the very thing love is all about....

someone says there is no such thing as forever.

really?

no matter where I go, there I am

it doesnt matter who I am with, I am forever.

who I share that with is part of my life journey

I change partners alot in this life. There is reason for it and difficult to explain nor should I try in public forum.

I know each person brought to me more tools I needed

and since the universe wastes nothing, I too, brought many things to them that they needed

I can be quite the earth monkey, playing around and throwing bananas at the passerbyes

but really, I work hard spiritually on this earth

HARD

and I am never lost for love.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #26
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Yes.

You can have more than one. Everyone that is brought into your life is there for a reason. There is something for you to learn from them and vice versa. When that is done, things change, and you part ways.

There are cases, though, that the lessons that were supposed to be learned are NOT learned, and though you've parted ways, you keep re-entering each other's lives.

However, soulmates don't necessarily have to be romantic.

Thus far, I've been fortunate enough to have 2.

DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #27
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Wow! Lot's of great responses here. Really enjoy reading what folks believe and why.

I think I have to agree most closely with Softness.

I do believe in soulmates, as the complement to who I am. But just because they're a soulmate doesn't mean there's no work involved.

Also, to me, the love with a soulmate feels different. I have loved and been in love with many people. I have only been in love to the depth that I identify as soulmate twice. Once with someone that I have been with over many lifetimes.

I do not follow the beliefs, however, that soulmates are the soul seperated, or even that the soulmate completes the person. More a complement, but mostly it is a depth of feeling.

But yes, I believe in them. And yes, I believe you can have more than one. Get out there and meet people, date, fall in love, and maybe if your lucky you will come across one, maybe two, that will make that unique connection.

A

Last edited by pajama; 09-20-2010 at 03:32 AM. Reason: they're, their, and there
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #28
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my soul doesn't need a mate.

I prefer to think of partners as lifemates.. some come for a short time in life.. others a lifetime.. I find the term *soulmate* so overused it has no meaning.

there is no right or wrong but I don't believe in mating my soul.

I think some people have a *lustmate* and confuse this with *soulmate*...

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #29
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a fortunate person. I learned from two people that were indeed, soulmates, my parents, that this is possible. And from a relationship of my own. Now, that doesn't mean that give and take isn't needed, or that it all is smooth all of the time. And we have to want to take this journey and nourish it.

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 03:59 AM   #30
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I strongly believe that there is someone out there for everyone and maybe you just haven't met yet but I was in a six year relationship the love of my life so I had thought . But things happen for a reason and now I've been single for quite sometime and I am sure one day I will meet another who will share my life through good an or bad times.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #31
Trinity3

How Do You Identify?:
~Tattoo Artist/Piercer~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Bitch, slut, ho~ whatever works
Relationship Status:
~Thinking~

Trinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST ReputationTrinity3 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 View Post
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty
I absolutely believe that there is one person, that is the other half of your soul...I believe that they are your Twin Flame, one soul split into two bodies. Soulmates are people I believe that you have had been involved with in past lives (if you believe that, I do) that you have not yet completed the lesson with them and you will continue to cross path with soulmates until you learn that particular lesson intended.

However, twin flames, I believe is the exact other half of your soul and when you meet that person that the two half immediately know and feel it, it goes beyond chemistry, beyond that initial "Wow they're hot!" attraction. I believe it shows itself like the world stops for a split second when you see each other or moves in slow motion. It suddenly and without explanation feels as if you have become complete, like a void has been filled. You know what the other is thinking, say what they were about to say etc. There is a balance between you that just seems to fit in all ways.

So yes, I believe in *Twin Flames*

~You can run, but you can't hide!~

~My surface is a mirror reflecting back that which shines against it~

~This girl's dream~

....for now....
Trinity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinity3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 AM   #32
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
my soul doesn't need a mate.

I prefer to think of partners as lifemates.. some come for a short time in life.. others a lifetime.. I find the term *soulmate* so overused it has no meaning.

there is no right or wrong but I don't believe in mating my soul.

I think some people have a *lustmate* and confuse this with *soulmate*...

I do respect your opinion...however I have to disagree...
*soulmate* is the one person who knows you all the way down to the core of your being...
Your smile, your voice tones, your secrets, your flaws...& loves you Because of them...
The person with whom you can communicate with (without words) no matter where you are or what situation you are in, be it alone in the bedroom or hosting a wonderful party with all of your friends...
They know when you need to be alone or when you need a hug and everything in between, & do and say just the right things at just the right moments...
& the only person who can make you smile when you really want to cry...
YES...it is rare to have someone know you so well...and you know them that well in return...but definitely someone who really makes you FEEL complete, not just happy or full of lust...but complete! *soft smile*
Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #33
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely believe in soulmates! and I also believe that you can have more than one in your lifetime...

i was with my ex for 12 years...she was the love of my life...my soul mate...she knew me better than I knew me and she loved me anyway...

right now I'm single and I believe that someday I'll have that kind of love in my life again..and I won't settle for less!! and I would hope that the lovely lady in question wouldn't settle either!

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #34
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
LOL...

Yanno, some butches are simply shy and well..... a little nudge is needed.
Well, some femmes are shy too ... But try to get over shyness and start the nudging ... How about y'all start looking for the looks and the nudges and help us out a little!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

AND of course....being 90% of the comments on their CP page in one day...really helps
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #36
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default TC

I don't understand what U meant
naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to naturlover_52 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #37
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBluIze View Post
Well, some femmes are shy too ... But try to get over shyness and start the nudging ... How about y'all start looking for the looks and the nudges and help us out a little!
i would nudge but half the time i'm clueless. sometimes we butches need a good whack to the back of the head.
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #38
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturlover_52 View Post
I don't understand what U meant
Well natur...if a femme dominates your reputation comments page...u may want to make some moves on her...that's all I am saying!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #39
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

i do believe in soul mates, and also that there can/will be more than one in a lifetime.

i also believe that even if you've found a soul mate, it doesn't mean it's going to work out romantically. And....just because one of you feels that the other is a soul mate doesn't necessarily mean that the other feels the same.

Others have said nothing lasts forever. i think that no romantic relationship lasts forever, but i do know that for me, my first (and so far only) soul mate started out as a friendship and tried to move to a relationship that sooooo did not work.

She & i have had our ups & downs over the years...and i think (though i hope with all my heart i'm wrong) that we wont be speaking again because of a huge, huge misunderstanding... but that doesn't change the fact she is my soul mate. She always will be.

Like others, i believe all relationships, whether romantic or not, no matter the length of time you interact with them...are brought to us to learn and grow. There is meaning to everything important, whether we grasp the meaning or not.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #40
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
I do respect your opinion...however I have to disagree...
*soulmate* is the one person who knows you all the way down to the core of your being...
Your smile, your voice tones, your secrets, your flaws...& loves you Because of them...
The person with whom you can communicate with (without words) no matter where you are or what situation you are in, be it alone in the bedroom or hosting a wonderful party with all of your friends...
They know when you need to be alone or when you need a hug and everything in between, & do and say just the right things at just the right moments...
& the only person who can make you smile when you really want to cry...
YES...it is rare to have someone know you so well...and you know them that well in return...but definitely someone who really makes you FEEL complete, not just happy or full of lust...but complete! *soft smile*

Thanks for your thoughts and words here.. I love all the interaction around this sort of thing...i love deep thinking and it's very hard to come by!

I just see this person you described above ( very nicely put and I believe we these people do exist for us) as my "lifemate", my partner, my forever (and I have found just this person so I do feel so fortunate,) but I just don't see a person as a *soul*mate..maybe it's the way the term is tossed around so easily that it really has no substance for me.. .to me this person you have described this is someone I have chosen to share my life with, but my soul is deeper than a human relationship. I've thought about this subject many times and I *think* that i feel that if my *soul*mate and I were to divorce, ( to believe this could not happen even in the best of relationships is not realistic to me) my soul would be damaged forever, that my very spirit would just curl up and die.. I just can't comprehend that.

I suppose this probably makes no sense ..LOL. Maybe at the end of the road, after we have been together for 100 more years, I will look back and say yes.. This was my soulmate, but I doubt it. I want my soul independent of a partnership. My head, my heart my body is all theirs, but my soul is not coming out to pair up LOL. I just can't bring myself to allow my soul to be that vulnerable,, its my higher self.... I mean how do you know this person IS your "soulmate" until after the lifetime has passed?

Maybe we all have a different opinion of what a *soul* is? And this is a great thing...I view my soul as my spirit, my mind, my I AM, it makes me who I am, and hopefully my spirit is loved and embraced by my partner ( I sure love his!) , I just feel that no matter what happens with my partner, my soul would be in tact (however deeply heartbroken ) and would continue to steer my spirit through life.. and I would hope theirs would too. In other words I guess I see a soul as a driving force that brings us to each other.. for the happily ever after. Relationships are formed and the the individuals embrace each other's spirits.. I don't see them as combined spirit/soul. . does that make any sense to anyone? LOL
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: