Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #41
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i believe in soulmates...however i don't believe that finding one means that you need to be in a love relationship with them. i have a friend who i consider to be one of my soulmates. we share an incredible friendship and love each other. we just don't share a physical attraction to each other. i do appreciate his good looks...but he is a straight guy. i have no desire to be with him in that way. i also think there are meant to be relationships throughout your life. someone that is meant to share that part of your life with you. if it lasts forever that is beautiful...but i don't think it has to last forever in order to qualify as a meant to be relationship. i hope that i expresses my thoughts clearly.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #42
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=sassy_girl;196117][COLOR="Navy"]

I've thought about this subject many times and I *think* that i feel that if my *soul*mate and I were to divorce, ( to believe this could not happen even in the best of relationships is not realistic to me) my soul would be damaged forever, that my very spirit would just curl up and die.. I just can't comprehend that. [QUOTE]

I totally understand...I do have a few things to say to the *soulmate* part though. I think we do get caught up in this equal oppisite spirit in a person Having to be our one true Romantic partner...and therefore confused with chemestry...
I think you said it best when you said "I just can't bring myself to allow my soul to be that vulnerable"...and that is the isue when we are just thinking about a partner...not allowing ourselves to open up our souls...& not fully trusting this person is going to love us(or us them for that matter) unconditionally forever...
I am 100% sure that an equal opposite soul of mine is my best friend...we have that unconditional aspect and have had it for 9yrs, even though romantically not partnered with each other, but when u can go months or even yrs without seeing each other but yet still be able to pick up the phone no matter the hour and talk like you just saw each other yesterday...that's something...
Sorry there is so much more to it...but I cannot find the right words to explain everything...but it does involve you being completly vulnerable, honest, and trusting of another soul...& know that no matter what...Nothing is going to come between that connection...so you don't have to worry about the damage or loss, cause there isn't any...
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM   #43
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

long winded i know but hear goes

Soul mates…..

Well in my own way yes. But in my own way. I have a soul mate she is my soul mate because she gets me knows all of my flaws and weaknesses and loves me still totally and completely even when I am a complete ass. She has been the friend in high school that I would have traded anything to switch her for my sister (if you had a little sister less than three years younger you know why) she is the one person who looked at me and said so what's you point when I came out. Never batted an eye or lost a step. I would defend her and her children with my life if it ever came down to it. She is the one person I can depend on or trust in this world no matter what happens. She is closer than any family I have ever known. I know it is the same for her.

A soul mate in a life partner? Maybe, some have found that kind of love I pray, I hope to someday. But in thought not feelings and emotions, I have to compare to history and my experience of course.
Marriage did not start out as a thing of love, it was a way for families to barter or combine for power wealth land title or just for survival purposes. Helping to run a farm and be able to have clean clothes or hot food on the table. She was there to comfort and his role was to provide. And then love came into it, a little more but of course parents had their say about whom would be acceptable, could she help build a strong family, keep a household running, be an asset to his character and reputation. Did he come from a good stock, will he tow the line, and again provide for her.
Then a little more heart and soul were permitted in to the choosing dating was becoming acceptable, and how they felt about each other began to take root and role in the choices, but even when a poor choice had been made they were not permitted to undo the vows once taken, when divorcé became more common and more acceptable then of course that leads to today. Where some marry many, many times or commit many times to various others or sometimes we do need a do over to learn what not to do and what does or does not work, and that second marriage or commitment is the on of a life time.

So in the end I do believe in soul mates but I don’t think they are always meant as spouses. I believe that our spouses and lovers come and go for reasons a time a season, and sometimes we just grow in different directions, and our needs change to something that the relationship can not fulfill as terribly sad as that is. I have experienced this twice in my stint on this planet so far, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet some one wonderful again that I can share with and grow with. I have learned how ever that forever well just is not a practical thought the way I believed it would be several times before. Ohh but wouldn't it be lovely to find some one who can help me to be a believer again

And hear come Mike Peter and Davey singing in my head

undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #44
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 View Post
i'll know she is the right one when i see stars if she bops me
Lol!....
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #45
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

It is for sure possible for a soulmate to be a spouse tho.
Sunshine & I frequently tell each other "get out of my head"...but it is so much deeper than that.
When u can sense what the other is feeling...
When you call & it just so happens to be perfect timing...
When you are apart & it feels like part of you is missing...
When you hug for the first time & feel as tho that is exactly where you belong...

Yet I do understand.
I understand being absolutely skeptical....until you have it.
Cause then...there is not a doubt in your mind.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #46
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

I do believe in soulmates,,, I believe we could only have just one in this lifetime...
She's the one who can see me crystal clear ...

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redrose For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #47
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I enjoyed reading everyone's feedback!

For me.........

spending almost or a lifetime and in some case,sadly , till death do us part with unconditional devotions and to know that our love was a gift from God above.
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #48
Daktari

Yanno, I've felt I've had real special connections with a good handful of girls along the way...soulmate-ish stuff going on, that knowing what they're going to say, the freaky 'i was just gonna call you too' stuff. Then ya find way down the line that they weren't really what you thought.

However, I've found two fantastic women thus far in my 47yr life who I consider to be my soulmate, my true family. They will always be in my life, we will always care deeply about each other no matter where we end up. One I've had to let go of to see if she comes back - however she's not gone away yet!

I still share a house with the woman who I consider the great love of my life, I wasn't ready for her when I had her and lost her as a partner which was no bad thing really, we should never have been lovers. We're 'siblings', that's what we should have been from the start but I love her deeply and always will.

The soul-mate thang is pie in the sky, white picket fence thinking but there will always be those extra special people in our lives that will make us believe in abstract concepts and fairy dust.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #49
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

If soul mates exist, then mine is now

I'm not convinced however, were I to have met him 5/10/15 years ago, would he have been the right person then? 5 years ago I thought I'd met the love of my life. 10 years ago I didn't wish to settle down with anyone, I was too busy running and 15 years ago I would never have understood his gender struggles.

I believe that the right person comes at the right time, but are they your soul mate? If life waits for love, then maybe.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #50
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty
The way this question was asked reminds me of when I was little and my parents asking me If I believed in Santa

I knew if I said no, then I wouldn't get any presents, so I always said yes, that I did believe.

So yeah I believe in soulmates.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #51
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I didnt use to believe in soulmates or fairytales. I didnt like how what I thought was "love" felt. When I first met T, something happened. We hadnt even met yet and there was this ridiculous connection. A connection that scared me. The day came when T stood outside my home and as I appoached all of a sudden the world felt as if it stopped! We were frozen! It was unlike anything I had experienced before. T, the skeptic, stood there silent for quite a bit. I tell hym all the time that hy looked at me as if though a Smurf was approaching lol Everything just seemed to fit into place. A true moment of Serendipity. Now, anytime hy has to leave I feel like a piece of me is missing. Anytime my day is at its worst, my phone rings and it is hym calling. Hy understands me like no one else does. WE ARE OPPOSITES! But what is opposite about one only seems to compliment the other even more.

It may not always be a lover that is your soulmate. Perhaps it is a best friend or a companion.

Perhaps, soulmates don't exist. But if they don't, I dont want to know. lol I take comfort in knowing that there is someone out there for everyone that brings them this type of happiness.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #52
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I believe they do exist because I believe in reincarnation of the Soul. If you have unfinished business with someone whether for good or evil, they will return. By unfinished business I mean having strong emotions about them, or thinking about them for the rest of your life. I believe we will attract those who we have loved greatly, and/or done wrong to, or they you, and cannot forget. That is why closure and forgiveness are so important on a Soul level, so you do not attract the ones who have given you troubles over and over, repeating the scene until you pass the cosmic test of love, which is not revenge, bitterness, or hate, but rather peaceful unattachment and letting them go.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #53
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in a soulmate in the sense of there being one "special person" for everyone out there - but I do believe that certain people will come into each of our lives for a reason and, similarly, that each of us will come into others' lives for a reason.

Why and for what reason? I don't think we usually know until much later, if at all.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #54
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

i believe in it, I just have yet to find mine.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #55
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,340 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

I don't believe in much of anything anymore for me personally, but I do believe there are soulmates for some people

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #56
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post

I do. However, I believe we can have more than one throughout life. Lovers do die and we might want to pursue a relationship after this.
I agree with this fully! The person I was with at 18 is NOT suited for me at 38.

I believe in soulmates. I believe that it is worth the time/effort to find yours and keep them. I know, I am a hopeless romantic but I refuse to believe that the great romance of my life was found at 18 and gone (as in no longer together) before I owned up to my true self.

I read this passage all the time and I find it to be reassuring. (I swear, I wish I has written this. It did, however, inspire the piece that I consider to be one of my best written works ever.)

"Some times I feel there is a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times, seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean. In the moon tonight, there's a circle around it-a sign of trouble not far behind. I had this dream of being whole-of not going to sleep each night wanting, but still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing, I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me. I want to be seen. I don't know. Maybe I have had my happiness. I want to believe it but, there is no one. Only that moon."

Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #57
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in soul mates, but I also believe you don't necessarily have to be romantically linked to that person.
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #58
Rox

How Do You Identify?:
Butch rocker
Relationship Status:
Committed to Kimmy

Rox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST Reputation
Default Of course

Quote:
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty
Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace. I believe
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #59
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

No, I don't believe that is everyone's path on the planet...for some, yes..but not all.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #60
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

soulmate there is one in our lives ..a freind cane be a soulmate .. a lover as well. there r many levels of love, and we can love many times in a life time. if u wait for that one person to come along .. u r missing many oppertunitys to experience a lover .. who can become ur soulmate.. even if u never have a soulmate ..that doesnt mean u didnt love to ur fullest, or have been loved .. enjoy life ~ ocean
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote