Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #41
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Music has a huge influence on me. I will listen to it and either play online or watch something that is super fluffy, so I don't have to think. Thinking is where most of my stress comes from. The last thing I need is to do something that will make me more stressful or sad.

Nods... That's why movies like Zoolander, or Stepbrothers are excellent *I need to stop thinking or I'm going to impload* movies....
Old 10-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #42
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I count my blessings !
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #43
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

I do something for someone else.

For instance when I'm feeling down in the dumps I try to get over to the local shelter and do what I can to help. Sometimes I just pop in and bring the staff donuts and the animals treats. Sometimes like today I step WAY out of my norm and go to social events like the Animal Blessings today and try to represent the shelter in a positive way. It forces me to be "social" when usually I'm not. It's SO not me because it involves small talk and "shmoozing" which I really dread. This actually does help me to feel better...not sure why exactly, but it does.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #44
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Usually do somethng physical ... and push myself extra hard to wear myself down so as to be very exhausted.
Examples:
- work in the yard
- shoot hoops by myself til I'm about to drop
- call a butch bud with a good arm, arrange to meet and throw the football for a couple of hours
- build something with wood

By the way, I enjoy doing all the things I listed when I am not down. Only difference - I just go at it harder when I am out of sorts.

Seems after I get totally worn out, the "down feeling" has gone away.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #45
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Another day, another thing I do when I'm down. Hm, might this indicate that I spend a lot of time feeling down? I'll try not to think about that.

This is something I really have done, not just a joke, but it's not nearly so noble as giving blood.

Not so long ago I had this job that absolutely stifled my little self. It was pure management and nothing at all in the realm of creativity, where I've always fit best.

Well, in the kitchen at this job, where on my floor probably 100 people were, I would hear everyone complain about not having enough flatware available if you took lunch too long after noon.

So I gradually started removing flatware from the kitchen until people were, like, practically screaming about the lack of spoons every day. I'd hear, "People are taking the forks to their desks and then just leaving them there and now the rest of us can't use them!!" and such.

I had a pretty strong collection by about New Years so when we came back after the first, I started insinuating all the flatware back into the kitchen. I even gathered up an old set or two I had at home and added those in.

The whole office seemed happier within a week or two and I felt really happy and entertained, too.

You know... I always thought it a bad idea to make me a manager since, basically, I'm why they need management, but this seems like I ultimately had a large, positive effect on the workplace after all.
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA omg I can't stop laughing. I'm so twisted I find this too funny.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #46
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

i play the glad game
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #47
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If I'm just in the house and don't want to go out or do anything special, I just follow my dog around. Fairly closely, like he will me, you know? Wherever he goes, there I am, right behind him. He starts to get nervous pretty quickly and he's, like, looking around at me, left and right. Then his ears go down and he slinks around, trying to shake me.

this reminded me of an old housemate of mine that followed my cat around the entire day not letting her nap because she kept the housemate up all night meowing outside my bedroom to get in. ( i stayed elsewhere that night.)
every time i think about that it, cheers me up.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #48
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

I hose my duck.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #49
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I hose my duck.

That's the spirit!

(and that's not a metaphor, right?)
Old 10-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #50
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I hose my duck.

The Following User Says Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #51
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsW8ing View Post
Well, it's not just any duck. It's Dude's own duck.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #52
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I usually do something for Red or I go and pick up my nephew and niece. All three of these wonderful people bring me back quickly.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #53
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Something new I've discovered that really cheers me up is posting on my grown adult childrens FB. Seriously. I know most of their friends and helped raise a lot of them. So I like to post the embarassing stories about all these kids. That starts them heckling and teasing each other in good fun. Cracks me up to read the comments they make to one another. I like to see how many respond comments one of my comments/stories can make them post. My record is 45 comments on one post. They all have fun and it makes me laugh. Memories can be good sometimes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #54
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That's the spirit!

(and that's not a metaphor, right?)
no metaphor

sometimes I suds him up with a little dawn (when he's stinky)
he enjoys it
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #55
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Take the dogs to the puppy park. It's social for all of us.
I crank up the blues or rockabilly and clean house.
A hot bath with a good book.
Pick up my nieces and go shoot hoops.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #56
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
no metaphor

sometimes I suds him up with a little dawn (when he's stinky)
he enjoys it

Those ducks. God love 'em.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #57
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I pick up my granddaughter early from daycare and we play.
Sometimes if I'm in a funk I'll clean my house, organize, light candles, put some flowers about and make my space nice.
Often I sit outside in my meditation chair looking over the farm and concentrating on my connection to the universe.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #58
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes, I play Neil.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #59
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

This time, I can't think of a blessed thing.

And I can't give blood again for a week.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #60
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Today I seem to be challenged to remember or find the umph to start any pick me up attempts.I'm going to go to bed, pick up my routine tomorrow and pray it brings a more heart calm day. I'm feeling wrung out.
Scrappy L'il Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post: