Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #61
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned

...to never give my all to someone who only gives part of themself.
...to learn that the most important relationship I can have with a human being, is the one I have with myself.
...to let go and let God.
...that sometimes my all is not enough.
...that love, not returned, will slowly fade and die.
...that if I have to change who I am, in order to please the one I love, then I am not loving the right one.
...that if the person I love has to change herself to please me, then I am with the wrong one and so is she.
...that if I have to "tiptoe" through life in order to "not rock the boat" I am paddling a sinking canoe.
...that words can be empty and actions speak louder than words.
...that my lie detector is broke.
...that no one can make me happy besides myself and happiness is often fleeting.
...that giving your all to someone who only knows how to take, will drain you dry.

Finally, I've learned that each and every person who touches my life, no matter good or bad, changes who I am and influences who I will become. We never stop learning, never stop growing and there is always room for improvement. I am learning to always remember that I am worthy to be loved as deeply and as intensely as I love. I will never again, settle for anything less.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #62
Girl Friday

How Do You Identify?:
Maryanne (with a little bit of The Professor and some Ginger thrown in)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Girl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that I'm still in love no matter what. No amount of hurt or betrayal can take it away. And that sometimes, no matter how hard you think you're trying, nothing you do will matter if you're not communicating.
Girl Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl Friday For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've learned that RuPaul is right, you really do have to love yourself first.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #64
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that just because something looks good on paper, does not mean it will work in real life.

Kind of like Communism.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Not to get into one !
Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #66
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

The list is MUCH too long to even begin

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #67
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

No matter how long ago, no matter how far apart, no matter how big the divide, there is something to be said about being kind to one another then and now.

Well, almost always.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #68
christeymg

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

christeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputationchristeymg Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
That it is worth the risk leaving a comfortable, long term relationship to go after what you truly need and want (even if it does take more than 10 years to find it)

That it is far better to be single than to be in a bad relationship.

Spending that time being single gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself and gain confidence that you really are not desperate and you will wait for the right relationship to come along and if it doesn't you will be just fine.

That all the mistakes and stumbles along the way do help prepare you for the right relationship and helps you appreciate it even more.
I couldn't have said it any better. That's where I am right now except I'm still waiting to meet the one I need and want. Right now I'm happy to just be me and really figure out what and who that is.
christeymg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to christeymg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #69
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that apparently, I haven"t learned.
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #70
aldebaran

How Do You Identify?:
trans dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, uncle, brother, amigo, paisano
Relationship Status:
confirmed batchelor

aldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputation

not to believe all i see on the surface. and not to believe anything that she says, forever after i will have to be shown.

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
-Stephen King (Roland Deschain/The Gunslinger)
aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aldebaran For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #71
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
That it is worth the risk leaving a comfortable, long term relationship to go after what you truly need and want (even if it does take more than 10 years to find it)

That it is far better to be single than to be in a bad relationship.

Spending that time being single gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself and gain confidence that you really are not desperate and you will wait for the right relationship to come along and if it doesn't you will be just fine.

That all the mistakes and stumbles along the way do help prepare you for the right relationship and helps you appreciate it even more.
WORD!! AND WORD!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #72
lilapache

How Do You Identify?:
DONE

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,025 Posts
lilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputation

if your gut tells you something ain't right.... turn around and walk away...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #73
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

wow I've learned a whole lot. The most important is I learned who I am and what I don't want in a relationship. My friends and family tell me to just go for it, go meet someone, etc etc. But I already know what I'm looking for and in 10 minutes of conversation I'll pick up on that.

I've learned to be good to myself and not expect others to give me what I need. It's been a hard road coming to terms with the ending of a relationship dream and the truth is I might not ever get over it.

I've learned that its pointless to enrage in a power struggle. If the connection doesnt flow naturally then its best to walk away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #74
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
If the connection doesnt flow naturally then its best to walk away.
I struggle with this or some version of it. I try and try and try probably far longer than I should because relationships take work. I guess there needs to be some balance but I don't know exactly what that is.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #75
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that you should not wait for her to break up with you.. it can take a very long time.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #76
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
Don't forget to remain your own person and still do your own thing. Don't get lost in somebody else, because you'll be really lost when it's over.
I love that you said this.
I have two sisters in long term marriages and I have to say I never
want a long term relationship of mine to resemble what they have.
They are both completely dependant on their husbands for everything.
The only thing they do "without" their husbands is go to work
or the store.
No outside friends , no outside activities ever feels so smothering to me.
A car ride to visit me "alone" (45 min drive) is way too scarey for either of them to even consider, let alone attempt.

It's like they have had their sense of adventure completely sucked out
of them. I really dont get it.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #77
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Like Sachita said I've learned a lot and know more about what I don't want.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have learned NOT to trust the words I Love You. Don't SAY it, SHOW me.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #79
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

theres the upside of all this as well, u learn form what u liked and still do , u now know urself..better ~~ the great memories that u want and should hold on too !~~ funny thing about life ~ it;s for living ~~
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #80
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

when its over, its over move on