Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #4981
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I _had_ to go to the DMV yesterday. I made it, waiting in line and all, pushing my rollator. I barely made it up the stairs when I got home, though. So today I was pretty sore. My physical therapist took pity on me; after I made two circuits of the path from my bed to the top of the stairs, and did some stretches, he gave me a shoulder massage with eucalyptus and peppermint oil. Or, "soft tissue manipulation", as he called it. It was _so_ nice. It reminded me how long it has been since I had a massage.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #4982
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I walked 10K, 4.6 miles and did half an hour of weights, yoga, ground exercises. Everything was done in the park.

There was a fallen tree due to the storm so I had to take a different path and lo and behold I ended up on path I never knew about and ended up enjoying it very much. Bit of a magical fairytale

I am still waiting for something of mine to get stolen. I mean... it is NYC. I bring my weights to the park and resistance bands and tarp and set it all up and then leave it while I do my walk. Thus far it is right there to greet me when I finish. C'mon New York, make a little effort

I like how the park stays active very late. No indoor restaurants, and the park has a beautiful outdoor restaurant overlooking the river. The park provides an easy way for friends and family to congregate sitting outside in the park. And the park is never too crowded, kind of just the right amount. I'm thankful for summer

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 05:02 AM   #4983
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I was scheduled to go into work late, at 10. I usually go in around 8. So I took a three mile walk in the woods and up some big hills early in the morning before work. That got me SO centered and feeling good for the day! I got up early to do the same today but it's pouring out. Poop.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #4984
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have only logged 4,045 steps today, but gosh, I earned a Fitbit badge today too.

The Serengeti Badge: walking 500 miles (since i got my Fitbit watch for X-mas last year). I guess if you walk 500 miles, you've walked the distance of The Serengeti National Park (one of the 7 natural wonders of the world).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 PM   #4985
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Sometimes I call a hard workout at the gym a "struggle workout." Usually it's because it's a work day and I'm sleep deprived. Well, tonight was a struggle walk but for different reasons. I walked 10K, 4.4 miles. It was ultra humid and pouring rain and garbage night . The park isn't safe in the evening in the rain because -shocker- people don't congregate in the park when it's raining. So I had to walk the streets. I held the umbrella the whole way. I don't know how I finished but I did

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 12:55 AM   #4986
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I love Saturday nights at the park. It's a night I can stay out as late as I want because it does not ever become desolate on a Saturday night. Also everyone is having fun, and it's a good vibe! I saw someone grilling and thought of you, Kelt. Man, did that smell good!

I walked 10K steps, 4.4 miles, and did 40 minutes of weight lifting and stretching and that kind of thing.

Beautiful night of fireflies and warmth and smiles.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #4987
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I am still waiting for something of mine to get stolen. I mean... it is NYC. I bring my weights to the park and resistance bands and tarp and set it all up and then leave it while I do my walk. Thus far it is right there to greet me when I finish. C'mon New York, make a little effort
Maybe the thieves are quarantining?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #4988
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

My exercise consists of PT 2 days a week and my "homework" exercises every day that I don't have PT. There are a few things I can't do at home that I do at PT.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #4989
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I skipped out on my PT appointment today because I have an upset stomach. However, I did my exercises. I also swept the carport. There was not a lot to sweep because the yard guys blew it out a couple of days ago, but there was a dead frog I wanted to get rid of. It was actually quite painful - I haven't swept anything in months - but I did it!

- Prince
Old 08-14-2020, 09:57 PM   #4990
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I have some exercise catching up to do because I was on vaca at the beach in Montauk, Monday through Friday (got back today).

Sunday 8/9 - last park walk before Montauk, 10K steps plus 30 minutes yoga and weights

Monday 8/10 - beach walk at night, took some cool photos, tried walking in my shoes and HATED it. Never again! I love the feel of bare feet in sand and water. Never-the-less... 10K steps.

Tuesday 8/11- beach walk at night again. At least I had no shoes. It's pretty to see all the bonfires at night. I do not like seeing the fishing poles. Why are there fishing poles? I don't even really understand it. I don't see people holding them. Some things are beyond my knowledge base. 10K steps.

Wednesday 8/12 - beach walk during the day. Finally found my rhythm! So much better for me! It's much easier to walk in Montauk on the beach than in Fire Island. In Montauk the sand doesn't drop off right by the water and the sand is packed much tighter. I went for a great swim in the ocean too. 11K

Thursday 8/13 - I decided I'd water walk in the pool and then realized the iphone (what I use to count my steps) doesn't work in the pool. I did some googling and found that water step counting is a bit complex since the body doesn't function the same way in water. Of course, water walking is a good and healthy thing, and I wonder what the best device is for counting steps in the pool. I'd love to know! So I ended up walking on the beach during the day with another ocean swim. 12K steps.

Friday 8/14 - we got back today, and so I ended up doing a pavement night walk. I wore my new balance fresh foam shoes and they worked fine. 11K steps. I'm wondering if my original problems were due not as much to shoes as to not having walked for 4 months due to the pandemic (and then jumping into doing 10K steps a day).

I really loved walking barefoot on the beach in Montauk during the day over our vacation. There are beautiful cliffs and lots of big stones and lots of emptiness, and the swimming is great out there. It was interesting to see how much I preferred it to the beach at Fire Island. I took tons of photos of the beach while walking in Montauk. It was a really nice vacation, with lots of time in the pool and the ocean. I am a water girl for sure.

How do I... ?
Old 08-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #4991
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I've appreciated hearing about PT from people. I've likely shared this story but why not share it again . I was sent to PT in junior high due to being diagnosed with kyphosis (like scoliosis but the spine hunches over instead of to the side). I probably only went to a few PT appointments but they affected my life forever in such a good way. The PT gave me a set of exercises and told me to do them everyday for the rest of my life. Among them were:

100 pelvic tilts, knees up (count to 5 for each tilt)
100 pelvic tilts, legs flat (count to 5 for each tilt)
100 sit-ups, (Hold each sit up for a count of 5)
100 back extensions (Hold a pillow under my core while laying on my stomach, hold soup cans in my hands- cute, cheap way of replacing weights, and count to five for the duration of each extension)

It's funny how a professional simply looking you in the eye and telling you you have to do something everyday for the rest of your life can sometimes really work

She was in her twenties and very nice and straight-forward. The exercises became very meditative, and I wish I could tell her what a positive impact she had on my life.

How do I... ?
Old 08-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #4992
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Nycfem, it sounds like you had a lovely beach vacation. Oh, I am jealous, not only of your walks on the beach, but that you _can_ walk on the beach. It took me a long time to figure out that, the more I weigh, the more I sink into the sand, and the harder it is to walk in the sand, until it is almost impossible.

The physical therapist wore me out today, until I was a little dizzy and slightly nauseated. But he said "we made great progress today!" I am now doing weight-bearing exercises as well as walking, and those are kicking my butt. I think I felt ill because I got too hot.

- Prince
Old 08-14-2020, 10:19 PM   #4993
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Nycfem, it sounds like you had a lovely beach vacation. Oh, I am jealous, not only of your walks on the beach, but that you _can_ walk on the beach. It took me a long time to figure out that, the more I weigh, the more I sink into the sand, and the harder it is to walk in the sand, until it is almost impossible.
It's definitely harder to walk in the sand but near the water it can be more firm, more so on some beaches than others. I'm 100 pounds over what "The Man" says is a normal weight, so never give up . Also, I wish you had a pool to walk in since in a pool weight isn't even a factor to consider. My gym has an indoor pool (not open these days due to the pandemic) but it's only for lap swimming, an old past time of mine but not anymore since I get too many sinus infections. I prefer outdoor pools anyway.

How do I... ?
Old 08-15-2020, 11:49 PM   #4994
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

13,023 steps yesterday, which including moving some totes around and lifting stuff.

My dogs are beyond barking...they are whimpering in the corner.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #4995
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday was 10.6 K steps of walking in the park and 40 min. of yoga and weightlifting and core strengthening (including, of course, 100 knees down pelvic tilts - 5 counts each and 100 knees up pelvic tilts - 5 counts each).

Tonight I walked 14.5 K steps in the park. It was a beautiful day that felt like fall. Wow, was it ever nice to get a break from the heat. I decided to park my weights in a different part of the park to try a new area. So I went on my walk and ended up taking a nice breezy lonnngggg path by the river, so by the time I was going to do my ground work-out it was too dark. Then I could not find my weights. It took me forever to remember where I left my weights! I even thought about leaving them overnight and waiting until the light of day to find them, but I didn't want to risk that . I had to go inside my own brain like a detective would go inside someone else's brain and try and imagine where I'd put my weights down. I went with that and suddenly tripped on them. Hopefully no one else did

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 08-17-2020 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #4996
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I was practically crippled all weekend from the weight-bearing exercises I did on Friday. No bueno. It was already painful just to get up and walk to the bathroom, and it became excruciating. I had to use my walker just to go 10 feet. I just did some very light exercises this weekend - they seemed to help. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrrow and I'm going to have to take my rollator. I don't know how that's going to go.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #4997
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

11,738 steps yesterday. It'll be about 6000 tonight before I crash.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #4998
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have been without my beloved bicycle for a month or two, because I need someone to fix the front tire and I also want to have caliper brakes installed.

So I'm getting my bicycle fixed this weekend. But until then, *lol*, , I plan to walk. Yep, Yep. I'm in no big hurry to accumulate a bunch of steps, but if I at least get 9K steps in, I will be happy and count it as a success.

But the real exercise challenge for me is to bicycle more than 27 miles (13.5 miles to my favorite park, 13.5 miles back home).

I am planning a round trip bicycle trip which hopefully has a few places for stop-over purposes (ya gotta go pee, right?). I'm guessing by late September I will do a test run and if I do okay on my test run, then I'm buying a bicycle rack for my car, so I can take my bicycle with me to the beach... where there are lots of bicycle paths to explore.

Cheers, and happy adventures in exercising to all. : )

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #4999
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My feet have reminded me that they did over 12.4k steps. And then they yelled, "hey that 6 miles!"

I won't argue. I remember being there!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #5000
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,007 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I got another upright exercise bike that is working out very well. It's good to use now and will be good after I have knee surgery.

Rode 4.2 miles in 16 minutes on exercise bike with resistance at lowest setting.

Did 40 arm rolls while riding the bike by sticking my arms straight out while and rolling them forward 10 times, then backwards 10 times, then forward, etc.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights