Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Self Accountability...Where will you be in 5 years?

We are all at different stages in our lives, some in their 20's just starting out, some in midlife just figuring it out, some retired and loving life. I'm not sure what the future holds for me at this point or where I'm going exactly. So tell us where do you plan to be in your life in 5 yrs. What are your goals or dreams or expectations of yourself and your life for the next 5 yrs. I'll be back with mine.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I will be helping raise a pastle of grandchildren

my home will be my hearth and my roots will have had time to dig in deeply by then

I will have been published a few more times by then

I dont know if I will be partnered or not. I am content being single and am not looking for someone to fill a void. I like calling my life my own...

and I shall still be sober...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile My self accountabilility...5 year goals

I will be living in the south.

I will be more fit, and healthier. I am sticking with my weight loss goals.

I want to take some cooking classes by Stephen Weber.

I want to travel more. I want to see the United States and parts of Canada.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I think I will write, not sure yet.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default 5 Years

Year One: don't go stark raving mad biding my time here, attend Reunion, move to Austin, have loads of fun with my sissies there, get situated, settle down and settle in.

Year Two: don't get cedar fever, attend Reunion, try to go back to school

Year Three: still avoid cedar fever, take the dance classes I've been promising myself for forever that I would take, attend Reunion and show off my new mad dance skillz, balance work and school and life

Year Four: duck when cedar fever comes around, attend Reunion, move up in my professional career due to length of time at job and education or find a better job

Year Five: give into cedar fever (but only a LITTLE bit!), attend Reunion, finally realize (as 40 looms) that I'm okay....really okay (although, if history tells me anything, I may be getting the itch to move again...maybe it will only be across town though)

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
firie
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

firie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputation

having his babies!!
firie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to firie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

It would be nice if, in 5 years, I could say, "if I write you a check for the building, take it."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 AM   #8
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Ummmm
I always stumbled when the teachers in High School asked this.
But at that time, I didn't see a future for myself... and never had hope of getting beyond Briery Branch or Rockingham County for that matter.

Now... things are MUCH different. I've gone places, earned my resume and done things I never dreamed of back in my bleak days at Briery Branch.

Considering what I've lived through in the last 30+ years.... the next 5 should all be down hill...

Before this summer, relocated to a WARMER place South...preferably living in the county, even if I have to commute to work.
Then...
within 5 years...
Working to make many positive life changes, AND...
settled and very comfortable in my new career (if not new, then more settled and "higher up" in my old career field, just for a different Governor!) Possibly working for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, FDA, or a State Department of Health actively managing a division of the Vaccines for Children Program.
Financially secure enough to take an extended vacation to Ireland.
Possibly work for or volunteer at a Job Corps facility (where I feel I can make a difference in underprivileged youths' lives and make an impact on the future of their education and career) ...
Be more active in my local Victim Witness Programs...
Become a member of the Medical Assistance Advisory Committee and their sub-chapter Consumer Subcommittee.
..... Living in a place where I can have a HUGE garden and enjoying the simple things in life.

Celibrating my mother's 6th year survival of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I've been to Ireland. You'll like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #10
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I better be fully retired and traveling!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #11
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Hopefully, not dead. In 5 years I'll be 72, so who the hell knows? I just want to be healthy, and be able to take care of myself - that will be enough.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I've spent the biggest part of my life trying to please other people be they parents, partners, employers or friends. My resolution back in January of this year was to live for me, please me and not worry about pleasing other people.

So this year I'm working on myself. Not self esteem, I don't have a problem in that area. Rather my inner self, my mind, getting myself to a place where, I don't get upset when I'm not pleasing other people all the time.

I am hoping to have chest surgery before I'm 50, and in that time span I need to loose some weight so the surgeon can do a better job with it.

I have had Plantar fasciitis for 2 yrs, it healed last year about this time and then I partially tore my achilles tendon. I've been unable to do any lower body exercising during that time and I don't need anything muscle building above the waist. So I'm trying to make myself exercise every day. This is hard because it makes my ankle sore to use it alot, long or up hill walking, riding the bike etc so I'm going to try to get into better physical shape somehow. This is a prerequisite I set for myself before chest surgery.

Within five years I hope to have either changed jobs or changed careers. This one will be hard but I feel like it is what I need.

Last but not least, I'd hope in five years time I'd have found someone to share my life. Might happen you never know if it doesn't then it doesn't matter it will happen when God deems me ready for that journey
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default In five years.......

Well I hope before this years is done that my back probs are fixed so I will be out of pain or at least nearly so.
When thats done and maybe before,I want to go back to work cause really like being a chef..besides who cant use a fue mor $$.
I would love to travel,meet some ppl.Who knows I may find Mrs.Right or not cause im ok as it is.
Learn to chill more and not take life so serious,love more,laugh more ect.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I hope to be traveling more.

Writing more.

Loving life.

Planning my retirement.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Hrmm... Let's see (see fine print)***

1. Finally have a driver's license
2. Finally had chest surgery
3. Be on my way to get US Citizenship
4. Bought a house with K (hopefully in either Oregon, Washington State or B.C.)
5. Gotten a Golden Retriever of my own
6. Debt free except for house and car
7. Still at same company but perhaps a manager by this point.
8. Biked from San Fran to L.A.
9. Biked from Vancouver to L.A.
10. Biked from L.A. to Mexico (where exactly is still up for grabs).

*** The goals and desires in this individual are subject to change without prior notice, if necessary, to keep the Linus sane in compliance with State and Federal laws and/or with rules and regulations of the Linus' soul and mental state.

The Linus reserves the right to change goals, dreams, desires, health outlook, and physical locale, affecting everyone. The provisions of the Linus do not constitute a contract, express or implied, between anyone and the Linus.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

You *do* write, and very well, I might add. Go for being published in 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I think I will write, not sure yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #17
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Condo, coast of Spain......
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Ah, nice. Can I come visit? I'll bring cookies. ...and I speak Spanish...and I can cook - Spanish food! Pretty please... señorita

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Condo, coast of Spain......
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Ah, nice. Can I come visit? I'll bring cookies.
Perfect!

We can sit on the terrace and discuss film

ps. I speak Spanish too. I grew up ion Argentina.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

OMG!!! Can you tango? It's my favorite dance and music!!! And I love, love, love the Argentinian accent!!! Eh, che??

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Perfect!

We can sit on the terrace and discuss film

ps. I speak Spanish too. I grew up ion Argentina.