Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #41
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome everyone! It's so nice to find fellow metaphysical rockhounds to chat with.

Pashi, I adore snowflake obsidian. It has the energy of letting us see both sides to a story--which can be a drag at times, but more often than not is very useful.

Jenn, do you have any particular favorites? Do you find yourself drawn to a certain color of stone?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #42
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

Jenn, do you have any particular favorites? Do you find yourself drawn to a certain color of stone?
I do have a few favorites... I love working with crystal quarts, of any variety. I currently have an Amethyst Crystal Geode piece that is a favorite of mine. I also collect and work with Amber. Hmm... other stones I am drawn to are... Garnet, Opal, Peridot, Hematite, and Malachite.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #43
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

This is a very cool experience Bit. I guess I shouldnt have been so greedy and left an offering myself. However, I was more on a mission to find pease than true love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
This is so true. Those mountains are speaking to EVERYONE who comes near... I wish more people were listening.

I left an offering on Bell Rock and asked for help finding my love. A week later Gryph walked into my life.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #44
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone. I am a collector of stones too. When I did massage, I offered stones at the end for a take home gift. I never picked the stones. I allowed the client to close their eyes and allow their spirits to pick. I would advise them on how to clean them and charge them.

It's funny though, as I am growing older, I seem to be losing touch with the spiritual aspects of my life that I once enjoyed. I think that I am being drawn back to it, this process seems slow coming though.

F.Y.I. My favorite stone is a cross stone that I found at the beach.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #45
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I use stones in my healing work. I like to put stones in my patients hands while I am working. I find it helps to keep some people present. I also use stones to help me to get stuff out of the body, when needed. I also use different stones for healing wheels. There are some wheels that use very specific stones and then some that are built with intuition.

Right now in my life I have no need for more stones. Not that I don't want more stones, but I seriously do not need more stones. Its like that with candles too... I keep saying to myself as I am inevitably drawn to the shiney things... I need another one like I need another hole in the head, hole in the head. And that generally stops me!!

I have had crystal healings. Sometimes the energy of all of those stones is pretty darn intense. But I find it quite healing.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #46
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I just went to get a stone as a gift. Couldn't get to my boxes of rocks. Turned around and got tugged on by a hunk of quartz. It's not the clearest or the sparkliest but wow! The energy was amazing. I've never felt that energy from this stone.

It was almost as if my thinking about needing a gift activated that stone to be "seen."

Anyone ever have this before?
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #47
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping this thread to remind me to ask Gryph about activating stones.... I haven't had that happen Arwen, but I haven't worked with stones that much.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #48
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Don't sleep too close to an amethyst if you're mind isn't right. Just sayin! Anyway my favorite used to be emerald but I've moved on to hematite. I love the magnet in them for some reason. I'm sure there is a spiritual connection going on there but I have no clue what it is right now. I like to play with them or wear them around my neck.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #49
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Hematite's very grounding. I carried it for a while when I was feeling disconnected; it helped me settle down.

Arwen, have you had any more stones "activate"?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #50
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am really enjoying this thread. I too collect rocks - since I was a little one. I would love to travel to Sedona. It has been a long journey, and that is my ending point. I was there when I was maybe 7 or 8 yo.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #51
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Folks: I am sorry to derail this tread to metals, but I must tell you all something amazing. I have been wearing a heavy chain Copper bracelet for my carpel tunnel syndrome and it has disappeared! I had it badd too, and for several months now, it has been gone gone.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #52
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Hey popcorn, that's really great! Congrats!

Andrew, Sedona is a wonderful place. I think you'll like it when you get back there.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 AM   #53
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I adore my amethysts! I have them all over my office and my house. I even have some in my car. I wear amethyst and opal daily - they are my signature. I have other pieces that I wear - Labradorite, Carnelian, Unakite (love this!), ruby, emerald, diamond (from grandmothers & mother), just to name a few.

In my home I have many other stones. A huge tricolour Fluorite and a huge Goshenite given to me by Shelia (she found it over in Franklin) are currently next to my bed.

Jet is another favorite. It's always the first stone I touch. Just can't seem to get enough of it.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #54
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Sedona is a place of comfort and peace for me. I still can remember the beautiful redish/orange in my mind of the mountains. Plus the various plants and such along the pathways. It is calling me back.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #55
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I've been using amethysts now to channel my healing powers, but also as protection for the rest of my paranormal investigations team, I'm not sure what else I could use, does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #56
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
I've been using amethysts now to channel my healing powers, but also as protection for the rest of my paranormal investigations team, I'm not sure what else I could use, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd want to know what you are wanting to protect from, Massive. That would help me make some suggestions.

Off the top of my head, I'd go with rainbow obsidian.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #57
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'd want to know what you are wanting to protect from, Massive. That would help me make some suggestions.

Off the top of my head, I'd go with rainbow obsidian.
It's mostly protection from negative entities. The group I'm part of are mostly sensitives who are coming into their own, none of us, myself included have discovered their paths, we're all either healers and empaths. We go to many different kinds of haunted environments, with mixed receptions to our presence, sometimes without protection other than that provided by our guides and family members who've passed on. Because we're all in pretty much the early stages of our development, more than anything my main concern is that we don't really know what we need as protection, some of the team have done this kind of investigation before, we're all firm friends, luckily, but I think we need more than just a solid bond of friendship!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #58
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
It's mostly protection from negative entities. The group I'm part of are mostly sensitives who are coming into their own, none of us, myself included have discovered their paths, we're all either healers and empaths. We go to many different kinds of haunted environments, with mixed receptions to our presence, sometimes without protection other than that provided by our guides and family members who've passed on. Because we're all in pretty much the early stages of our development, more than anything my main concern is that we don't really know what we need as protection, some of the team have done this kind of investigation before, we're all firm friends, luckily, but I think we need more than just a solid bond of friendship!

Okay. Amethyst is not what I would choose for this. I would make pendants/bracelets (something to be worn in contact with the skin) with the following three stones:

Black Tourmaline
Rainbow Obsidian
Howlite

The howlite is said to help create awareness and positive emotional expression. It is a stress-reducer. My feeling is that it will help you discern from truly negative entities and merely unhappy ones.

Rainbow obsidian because obsidian (while not a stone per se) does help block/ground negativity. Rainbow in particular can assist in exploring otherworldly experiences.

Black tourmaline because it is an excellent reflector of negative energy as well as a good grounding stone. I use it a lot in my stone healing.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Quote:

Okay. Amethyst is not what I would choose for this. I would make pendants/bracelets (something to be worn in contact with the skin) with the following three stones:

Black Tourmaline
Rainbow Obsidian
Howlite

The howlite is said to help create awareness and positive emotional expression. It is a stress-reducer. My feeling is that it will help you discern from truly negative entities and merely unhappy ones.

Rainbow obsidian because obsidian (while not a stone per se) does help block/ground negativity. Rainbow in particular can assist in exploring otherworldly experiences.

Black tourmaline because it is an excellent reflector of negative energy as well as a good grounding stone. I use it a lot in my stone healing.
Thank you so much Arwen!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #60
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

How did I ever miss this thread??? I have to get ready to go to the Drs (dang flybitus in my arm again from the IV) but I will subscribe and come back to it...

Tags
gemstones, healing, metaphysical, spiritual, stones