Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #21
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
I'm a bit confused about what you mean by emotional safety. . . For me, the reason is not because I find the idea of femme cock offensive, I just know what freaks me out and triggers my dysphoria...which isn't limited to femme cock, but any cock or object attempting to enter any part of my body.

EnderD,

I think in this case emotional safety = trigger for dysphoria, which is probably a better term for what I was asking about.

I do hear what you're saying and agree with you that there is quite a bit of diversity and no one single way to define the butch femme dynamic.

Thanks for sharing.
Pink.
pinkajl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #22
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkajl View Post
Oh my, at the risk of derailing this thread before it even truly begins, some of the posts remind me of a comment made during a workshop I facilitated this weekend at a women's festival.

The workshop: Butches and the Femmes Who Love Them

The question: What do you call a femme who straps on?
The answer (provided by a stone butch attendee): A lesbian

Seriously, would an FTM or a butch truly embrace femme cock? I'm not talking about competition or size. I'm not even talking about Dom/sub roles. I'm talking about identity, emotional safety, and the whole dynamic.

Pink
Femme cock has never been part of my sexual proclivities. I think I would have to feel secure and safe to freely experience something so foreign. So, I understand the emotional safety thing.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #23
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
...I think I would have to feel secure and safe to freely experience...
Me too. I don't think safe feelings are gender specific, is the point I was trying to make earlier.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #24
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Me too. I don't think safe feelings are gender specific, is the point I was trying to make earlier.
True. I guess I've always assumed it's more emotionally stressful for the FTM, butch or male ID individual.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #25
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
True. I guess I've always assumed it's more emotionally stressful for the FTM, butch or male ID individual.
I agree with what apretty said on this one, as far as it not being gender-specific.

I don't think its always more emotionally stressful for certain identities than others. Even if many non-feminine identities suffer from dysphoria or are stone and don't feel connected with their physical anatomy that way, there are trans and other male, masculine or neutral identities who aren't dysphoric or have minimal dysphoria. I also think in these convos we tend to forget about pre-op transwomen (whether butch or femme) who are also a part of the b/f dynamic, and the dysphoria they might feel. Or stone femmes, not here meaning stone femmes who id as such because they prefer to be with stone butches, but stone femmes who don't like being touched/penetrated.

I don't think that it's because these women or feminine identities are more "rare" than non-feminine counterparts, but because sometimes, as a community, we focus too much on the struggles of non-feminine (here meaning gender neutral, gender fluid, third gender or male identities) identities. Not even as a community here, but as a greater lgbtq community. Like why aren't there as many books written on that form of female/woman/feminine sexuality as there are about male/masculine/gender neutral/fluid?

I'm also not sure these perspectives are easy to change. I've definitely heard what I'm saying here brought up many times before in this community and elsewhere, but it doesn't seem to change the subject of the majority of the discussions. So how do we change that?
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default BUMP!!!

i think the discussion about safety can cover so many difference perspectives. whether you are butch, femme, stone, ftm, mtf, genderqueer, intersexed, cis, or gender fluid.
It boils down to trust.
do i trust this person with my most vulnerable moments, to completely submit to them and open myself to them?
are you going to allow them to penetrate you physically, mentally, spiritually, metaphorically, partially, or completely?
can you count on this person to use discretion, and not tell your innermost passions to others, or use them against you in the future?
do i feel safe with this person?

@

Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I can say, as a preop tranwoman, that we vary, just as much as any other group does. Some do enjoy using their 'Original Equipment' while they have it, and for others, it is a complete turnoff. I have heard of some that prefer using a strapon, though I am certainly not one of them.
For me, using my 'original equipment' or a strapon triggers my dysphoria, and would be very uncomfortable. Others, however, are different.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

So far, from reading these posts, I'm understanding that the difference between FTM and butch cock is that one is a response to gender dysphoria and one is a response to female-bodied sexual expression—or maybe that's a misread or incomplete reading.

(And so far, no one is talking about surgically constructed FTM cock, so that's not in the analysis; I'm just mentioning that to be clear that when I say FTM cock I'm talking about strapped on cock.)

My question is, what is different, and what is the same, in the relationship an FTM or butch might have with his/her/hyr cock?

Thank you, anyone who responds. I think you're all great, btw.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

mmm.. Not that I don't love getting into long winded debates about intimacy issues and security issues and what the difference between butch and FTM cock..

BUT..

I was kinda just hoping to talk about my cock and how much I enjoy it.. When I say my cock I am talking about the equipment I was born with and that I am slowly starting to love again. I love it so much that I posted a picture of it on another adult themed site.. It is getting bigger now that I am on T and is actually starting to stick out a lil more.. I look down sometimes and say, "go lil guy, GO!".. well not out loud.. but yeah..

Maybe that is what one could say along the topic of security.. I feel secure enough in my manhood not to be defined by how big it is.. I don't pack unless requested to. I prefer to feel my cock rub against whatever garment I'm wearing. I dislike having the lil guy all mashed up against a piece of silicone.. That is *MY* relationship with my cock.

I am no less and no better then anyone else on this site. This is my FTM cock and I am proud of it.

Now, did I derail the thread? I hope not.. Discussion is always good. People need it. For me, I needed to post about my cock. The end and thankyouverymuch.

-Tony and his oh so awesome FTM cock.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Hear Hear...Tender Knight...Bravo...I am proud of my little pecker too.
It works for me and for my partner. I never heard any complaints.
Oh but, maybe some women weren't honest or worried about my ego.
Fortunately, my pecker doesn't rule my ego

and it is really...hear him...hear him

Last edited by DMW; 06-04-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: my misspelling
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #31
shiagirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, girly girl. Daddies girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever is respectful and nice
Relationship Status:
Heart Captured and Spoiled rotten by the love of my life.

shiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputationshiagirl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
mmm.. Not that I don't love getting into long winded debates about intimacy issues and security issues and what the difference between butch and FTM cock..

BUT..

I was kinda just hoping to talk about my cock and how much I enjoy it.. When I say my cock I am talking about the equipment I was born with and that I am slowly starting to love again. I love it so much that I posted a picture of it on another adult themed site.. It is getting bigger now that I am on T and is actually starting to stick out a lil more.. I look down sometimes and say, "go lil guy, GO!".. well not out loud.. but yeah..

Maybe that is what one could say along the topic of security.. I feel secure enough in my manhood not to be defined by how big it is.. I don't pack unless requested to. I prefer to feel my cock rub against whatever garment I'm wearing. I dislike having the lil guy all mashed up against a piece of silicone.. That is *MY* relationship with my cock.

I am no less and no better then anyone else on this site. This is my FTM cock and I am proud of it.

Now, did I derail the thread? I hope not.. Discussion is always good. People need it. For me, I needed to post about my cock. The end and thankyouverymuch.

-Tony and his oh so awesome FTM cock.
girls mouth drops open!!!! I just love reading this thread.......tee hee.
shiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shiagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Both c*ck threads are awesome to read, and hazardous to the health

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

Clay, I got your message and will get back to you later today with the details. Have to go to work right now and don't know all the answers at the moment. Have a great day.
Mav
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Clay, I got your message and will get back to you later today with the details. Have to go to work right now and don't know all the answers at the moment. Have a great day.
Mav

Hmmm. me thinks that Mav didn't really mean to post this here..
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #35
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

Well not exactly no I didn't. Sorry about that. I need a gps for this planet.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maverick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #36
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

OK, so what about guys that have had bottom surgery?

Would love to hear from you guys too..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In the end though, it's not really about the cock at all. It's about the person behind the cock.
I'm responding to this earlier quote because I think it is true and relevant to the discussion of the FTM C*ck. I am not taking T at this point in my life because of financial reasons. I pack and have a cock for sex (making love, fucking, intercourse what ever you feel comfortable with). It is an important aspect to who I am, but not so important that having a cock undercuts who I am as a person. It is my hope that the woman I'm with would want me because of who I am and not the cock I have. When we are intimate, it is with the entire being of who we are, I make love with my entire body, mind and spirit. Yes I am a romantic and yes I also believe in fucking, but I want that committed relationship and what that has to offer. I see my cock as an aspect of me the total person, not as a separate item. I don't know if that would change if I was taking T, since I've not had the experience. I would feel strange if the core of my relationship with someone was "cock centered" and not person centered. I think it devalues the person who wears it and the woman who is penetrated by it. I hope that I've not stepped on anyone's toes, it just my thoughts on the subject.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #38
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default How's it hanging?

Hangs right.. Right where I want it...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Hangs right.. Right where I want it...
Kent, shouldn't that be where your darling wants it?

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #40
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Glad the thread is still alive & well

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:

Tags
cock, ftm, trans