Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #141
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Isn't that where the corn is as high as an elephants eye?

Maybe they're left-overs from your neighbor's last BBQ.
Cinderella - I don't have any corn crops...but there are squirrels around..this is toward the end of April and I woke up to snow covering the ground..I should be planting flowers instead of shoveling snow....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #142
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Popping in here myself, it is good to see the thread active. It still comes as a shock to my mind that I qualify to post here, too! (like hey, when and more importantly HOW did THAT happen, that I crossed that milestone and hit 60?? And now actually 61!!)

I don't feel 60 most days, or at least not what I imagine 60 is supposed to feel like. I don't look or act 60 most days, or at least what I imagine 60 is supposed to look or act like. So of course it makes sense to me that it does cause a feeling of disconnect for me when I am reminded of my actual age.

Well, time to head back to work here. Starting my own business at the age of 59, is still kinda scary, but really REALLY nice. I am also seriously looking forward to heading down to Austin in 2 days to see so many friends from here at the Halfway to Reunion party. I am in serious need of some good BF energy!

APG, aka Ann
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #143
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I have been pretty much without a computer for a month, except for quick trips to the library to check my bank balance. The super cute straight couple that I sold my Michigan home to August 2011, turned out to be super awful instead. They stopped paying late fall 2012 and told me they had moved out leaving the house clean and ready to go. What with my daughter getting married, and the very cold Northern winter this year (not mention my reunion in February with Ben, a wonderful man, my previous partner, from whom I had been separated for almost a year), we delayed coming,

In mid-April we arrived to find my home a disaster, Mr and Ms nice guy had turned my lovely cottage on the lake into a grow house for marijuana, ripping out walls and wiring, (and closets - now who rips out closets? - you can tell she was no femme. LOL) and ruining every carpet in the home. Two large blessings ... both the furnace and the plumbing remained intact. Good thing, because the night these Florida folks hit Michigan, the temp was 31 actual and 25 wind chill, and we needed that furnace badly.

Slowly, slowly we have been cleaning and planning each next step to take. Had Ben not been with me, I think I would have just gotten back in to the car and gone home. The place was so filthy I oculdn't imagine that anyone had actually lived here. I forgot to mention, they stole the track for the garage door, so we couldn't even get in the house. I am a wheelchair (electric scooter) user, and they took out all the ramps I had installed, except, thank the universe, the large ramp that allows access to the upper level., which was somewhat liveable.

To put it mildly it has been an adventure. We have gotten the place pretty well cleaned up, had the garage door repaired, bought a comfortable bed and a cheap refrigerator. And yesterday, after a two week struggle, and having made three trips to town to provide more and more proof that we were NOT the people they allowed to run up a huge cable bill, Comcast finally turned on our internet service YAAAAAAY!!!

We got the bills paid yesterday and are having a lazy, lay around the house day today. Ben , who was up and busy for a while climbed back into bed where I was playing solitaire on the laptop, and is now snoring away beside me.

Hope you have all been having a wonderful day week and month, with as much adventure, but less agitation than I have been having this last little while.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #144
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clarity

iamkeri1, may all be well with you these days.

Today...today I arrived at the office and found an email that a colleague's partner had passed suddenly...my heart went out to her. I know from experience that there is nothing I could say to make it better, but I could and did simply...listen...listen.

How often are any of us ever really just listened too? You know, no advice giving...just listening...to her sense of loss...her shock...listening and holding a quiet place where she could talk, and know that her words fell on caring ears, a caring mind, and a caring person...listening.

Frankly, tonight I went on my after work run...and I listened to myself, felt my feelings of loss, of wonder at this mysterious life, and gave thanks for her gift to me...allowing me to be a person that could be there for her...simply being me...nothing more...nothing less.

So, why am I sharing all of this with you? Honestly, to listen to myself, and know how much I've grown not outwardly, but internally.

When I was much younger I knew all of the answers, so I thought. Now I know that the most precious thing are the moments, each moment of a day when I can be in the moment, and open to it's call.

Perhaps a call to simply...listen.

Thank you for reading.

Sending you warm thoughts, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #145
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation
Default thank you for being you...

Thanks Greco for sharing your insight and compassion for both others and yourself.....we are physically changing as years progress....but internally...we are alive and blessed with a vibrance and understanding that our younger years nary possessed.....we have wisdom!

a little music nostalgia for us old timers.....
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDRIfdRI8s"]Beverly Bremers - Dont Say You Dont Remember - HD Bubblerock Promo - YouTube[/nomedia]
Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #146
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yes

Well said rockybcn...and thank you.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybcn View Post
Thanks Greco for sharing your insight and compassion for both others and yourself.....we are physically changing as years progress....but internally...we are alive and blessed with a vibrance and understanding that our younger years nary possessed.....we have wisdom!

a little music nostalgia for us old timers.....
Beverly Bremers - Dont Say You Dont Remember - HD Bubblerock Promo - YouTube

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Old 08-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #147
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation
Default 60 ? hummmm

I turned 60 on May 20th 2013 and I am still not use to hearing Senior Citizen. A few of my friends and I were sitting around talking and one said Do you know that on Tuesday is Senior Citizens day and you get 20 % off My friend Ruby and I turned to look at each other and burst out laughing my friend Ellen said WHAT I am 71 and I look good I am not a shame of being a senior. I responded by saying I know girl but we are just not use to it yet. I am happy to have celebrated my 60th birthday.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #148
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Amor_Taino View Post
I turned 60 on May 20th 2013 and I am still not use to hearing Senior Citizen. A few of my friends and I were sitting around talking and one said Do you know that on Tuesday is Senior Citizens day and you get 20 % off My friend Ruby and I turned to look at each other and burst out laughing my friend Ellen said WHAT I am 71 and I look good I am not a shame of being a senior. I responded by saying I know girl but we are just not use to it yet. I am happy to have celebrated my 60th birthday.

Smooches,
Keri
Old 08-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #149
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

I am almost 57, feeling 60 something, so I peeked in....

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #150
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

I'm trying to get myself out of a funk I've been in for weeks.

"Cures" I've tried
*Working endless hours in my yard, pulling weeds, planting flowers, soaking up sunshine and vitamin D
*Playing "bubble shooter" here on the planet and various types of solitaire from my computer .
*going out to a nice restaurant for dinner
*Telling myself hundreds of times per day the "happiness" is a choice

For the last few days I've been cleaning the garage. Wow that is hot work here in the scorching Florida September, The garage looks lots better - still a long way to go, but I still feel bluesy.

So tonight I am here with my "peeps", catching up reading postings about same sex marriage. It's hard not to feel better reading about all the progress that's been made recently. Never thought this would happen in my lifetime. Perhaps I'll live to see equality on a national basis. Wouldn't THAT be sweet!!!

Tomorrow I will pursue the ultimate cure - going shopping for fall clothes for my adorable grand children. My beautiful 3 1/2 year old grandson and my gorgeous three month old granddaughter. So much fun! I already bought her a Christmas outfit. A green velvet dress with matching bloomers and cap trimmed with lots of white lace and little pink silk flowers. Got it at a garage sale in perfect condition for $3.00!

Licious, welcome to the site. "feeling" like you're sixty is good enough. But tonight, I hope you are feeling like you're twenty.

Smooches,
Keri
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #151
lamuymuyfem

How Do You Identify?:
old school femme, date butches and FtMs who like girls
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, la fabulosa
Relationship Status:
recalculating, recalculating

lamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Yesterday was my 61st bday

Now I'm officially 10 years older than the delicious butch I am dating.

Is she right? Am I a cougar?

Discuss…...
lamuymuyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lamuymuyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #152
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I don't consider 10 years cougar material. Maybe younger than 45ish. That's the range I put on dating sites haha
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #153
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Do I hit a milestone on the day I apply for Medicare? Kind of auspicious, don't ya think?
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #154
DJ4321

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Friendships Welcome

DJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST Reputation

Thank goodness for this thread. I don't have too much time this morning, but I'm going to try really really hard to remember it and get my big arse back here soon ( you know how memory is at this age-it comes and goes :-)
See all you beauties soon I hope.
DJ4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #155
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

And so.....I just found this thread....
I hit the big 6-0 over 2 years ago.
Just recently, I hit the minimum retirement age.
But there is no way I will be able to retire any time soon.

Lord knows I want to retire. I want to be able to travel
without it having to do so for work! I want to be able to take
someone along with me...to treat her as well as she deserves
to be treated. I want to be treated the way I deserve to be
treated. I want to be able to come home, really home,
at the end of the day and she'll be there....
and be able to sleep in my own damned bed
for more than two nights at a time.....

If this selfish? Perhaps. But I deserve better, I have earned it.....

That's my rant. Sorry about that.....

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #156
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ4321 View Post
Thank goodness for this thread. I don't have too much time this morning, but I'm going to try really really hard to remember it and get my big arse back here soon ( you know how memory is at this age-it comes and goes :-)
See all you beauties soon I hope.
i so agree - nice for us vintage women to connect - i am a late blloomer and have never been happier
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharonsuburbia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #157
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been hear for a while as life ha had me firmly in the grips of one thing or another.A few weeks a go I had been having a really bad time with my back(worse than ever) with too long a wait for the doc to d something.So he put me on narco 5 wich really pitched me for a loop,then I finely got my injections done this past Wednesday but still kept me on the meds.I have complained a lot about how it effected me and all I got was it will take sometime to adjust to it,I gave it three weeks then this morning I just quit taking it.I am so tired of going around with my head in a deep fog and going around dope headed of that and worse cause a lot of times I was so out of it I had no idea how to deal with the day.After many calls to the doctors office to talk to his nurse I just took matters in my own hands.It will probly take a few days to de fogg my head but it is already better this morning.I refus to give up what I have gained over the years building a life with mobility issuse,I have used a cane when I needed it to using the electrice buggys at the stores to get around so now I am thinkng of getting a pesonal scooter for when I need it,any thoughts on what is best from anyone?Take care everyone.Oh,please excuse the spelling my eyes are still not right from the meds.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #158
DJ4321

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Friendships Welcome

DJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST Reputation

Nice to meet you Sharonsuburbia. I guess you could say I'm a late blummer too. There are things I'm just beginning to learn about life. But on the otherhand, I want to be a learner until the day I die-how dull it would be not to be learning new things.
Anywho, in the last month I've learned a little bit about femmes and butches. For instance, I learned that I truly am attracted to femmes--I love all of 'em! hehehe. But I want to meet that one special one and at my age, how in the h$*% do I meet her? Clubbing is out of the question, been there, done that, don't want to do that again.
Anyone in here have any ideas you'd care to share?
DJ4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #159
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation

hi
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #160
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Bump, bump...Anew

So, thoughts on beginning anew at this time of your life...new beginnings whether
it is new work, new relationships (lover, or friendships), new locations...I am in
transition and beginning anew in all areas of my life.

Is it scary? Well, no. Ask me if its exciting, absolutely yes!

I am grateful for the opportunity to live all I've learned so far, and
am in awe that I see clearly so much beauty in this life.

Yes, I pray, and move my feet!

So, thoughts?

Greco

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: