Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
as long as it's lady appropriate go right on ahead
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

ladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Blogging

I have just started my blog website. I really needed a place to express myself and to just have my thoughts out there. Most of all I wanted a place where others could tell me there opinions regarding my thoughts. I don't care if the opinions are controversial or against what I think because I want to learn and grow by listening to others. So I have spent months in a discussion with my partner regarding marriage. Then I ended up in the same discussion at church, and with my family. So beginning tomorrow I will be starting a blog regarding the marriage debate Heterosexual v Homosexual Religion v Government. I began Religion v Government today but tomorrow I really dive into it all. I would really love it if my friends from here also join. I already update everyone on my facebook and other social sites daily regarding my blog, but I haven't posted it here since I just started.
The website is http://reallyitisjustlife.weebly.com/

Thank you for helping me with my hobby.
ladytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

ladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputationladytiger Has the BEST Reputation

Marriage....Heterosexual v Homosexual: Family
reallyitisjustlife.weebly.com
This topic was very interesting and the most confusing for me. It seems as though the arguments actually prove the reason why Homosexual marriages should happen. Here is a list of the arguments:...
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Heh, well I think maybe you are trying to find logic where there is none Seriously, those people who speak out against same-sex marriage as "breaking up families," "going against nature" blah blah blah really aren't opposing it out of any real logic, but are often parroting what their religion or culture has taught them.

For example, on your first point you talk about how same-sex couples with children will have children out of wedlock if same-sex marriage isn't legalized. The thing is that those who oppose same-sex marriage also typically oppose the adoption of children by lgbtq couples, lgbtq couples having children via sperm bank/in vitro fertilization/surrogacy. For them, under no circumstances should lgbtq couples have children or gain custody of children from previous marriages. When they talk about homosexuality breaking up marriages, they are talking specifically about heterosexual marriages. If a queer person comes out as queer when married within a heterosexual marriage, they would rather the person stay in the closet and remained dedicated to the heterosexual family unit than come out and "break up the family," nor should the person go from having "sinful thoughts," to actually performing the "sinful act." We are talking about people who refuse to accept our existence outside of a "sin" from which a person can be redeemed through religious observance.

As far as fractured families, a lot of these groups who talk about "modern fractured families" have a particularly glorified perspective of the past as a heteronormative paradise where "men were men, and women were women" (aka Archie Bunker). They view the "fracturing of the traditional family" as a result of civil rights, lgbtq liberation and women's liberation shitting on their big ol' heteronormative parade. If heterosexual families fractured, for them it's the fault of any sort of "rights movement," atheism, increasing sex/gender equality and so on.

They believe that homosexuality is the result of sin. A sinner can be redeemed if they confess the sin and refrain from committing it following repentance if we're looking at the Catholic faith, at least. However, if a sinner is unrepentant then they will spread their influence onto others. This is where the "corruption of youth" comes in. Queers can't be queer because "the children will be corrupted." Trans people can't be trans people, because "they will corrupt/rape/molest/convert the children." No same-sex couple can provide an "optimum environment," because they believe that the couple will drag the child down into "sin" with them.

Again, we're talking about people who use religion and the bible as their only frame of reference. We aren't talking about people who are going to debate through logical means.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

I am actually working on one completely in regards to the biblical aspect. That blog so far as been a lot of fun.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

Poll Post
Today’s post is going to be the only post until Monday. This post requires reader participation, but no one not even I will know who voted which answer. On Monday I will reveal which couple is...
Old 11-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

Religion and Homosexuality
The answer to the previous poll question is B. If you would like to see the responses to the poll just click on show results below the poll. Today's post is going to be short. I only have a few...
Old 11-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

This time of year.....
This time of year has always been my favorite, but as I have gotten older I have begun to dislike it more than any other time. I was reminded the other day as I stood in line at the checkout of...
Old 11-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

Does anyone else from here blog?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
ladytiger

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
working on tien hym down

Thanksgiving Get together....
So tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I think we should play a little game. I am inviting each and everyone of you to my imaginary little home. You are to bring with you one item that shows what you...