Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: When you're using the bathroom, do you usually keep the door
Open. 82 56.16%
Closed. 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Bathroom Door

You're home alone.

You have to use the bathroom.

Is the door open or closed?

Please select the choice that is most often applicable, I'm sure that every once in a while the most staunch door-closeder leaves it open, but I'm looking for the general response.

And yes, the poll is anonymous.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

hell the door is open even if Stray is there too. I'll close it for guests though.

whatever.

turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

If home alone (ah, the luxury) I always leave it open.

But then, I suppose I'm not actually alone, because almost always three people join me:

* two mewing cats

* one sweet pup
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

OMGGGG e, I have EXACTLY the same problem with my dog and cat. And if its not those two PIAS...its my 16 yr old. She can ignore me ALL day long until I go t the little girls room LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post

But then, I suppose I'm not actually alone, because almost always three people join me:

* two mewing cats

* one sweet pup
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

FINALLY with an empty nest, the door stays open. Sometimes I even forget and leave it open when I have company. I guess just because I'm so use to living alone now.

I see your hinney, so bright and shiny, it makes me giggle to see it wiggle.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I can't do anything in private anymore. I have 3 cats and a dog that follow me from room to room. And that includes going to the bathroom. = takes on a whole new meaning
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
femmy1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, femmy, femmtastic
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

femmy1 will become famous soon enough

open open all the time... no one gets left behind !! my pup is a very loyal toilet room companion. Its upstairs so even when my husband is there or company, I never close it !!

f1~
femmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post

* two mewing cats

* one sweet pup

Ah yes, we have 5 cats who seem to have near panic attacks if any door is closed to them, especially the bathroom.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Alone its open. Not alone its closed. If you don't close close the door here then a cat will push it open (usually wide open) and then well, its open. And what's more annoying is one of the cats will push it open, stare for five seconds then leave. And they never close the door behind them.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

My cat often has a fit if I close the door. I think he sees it as uninterrupted petting time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #11
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

I should have read the first post before voting. When I lived alone I kept my bathroom door open unless I had houseguests.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #12
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just close it, even though I live alone. Yanno.... old habits and raised with one BR for a large family.. And how come the emoticons ya' want don't show up on the easy screen when ya' need them? I know there is one of toilet paper!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #13
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default No No NO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I just close it, even though I live alone. Yanno.... old habits and raised with one BR for a large family.. And how come the emoticons ya' want don't show up on the easy screen when ya' need them? I know there is one of toilet paper!!!
That one is DUCT tape... can we say OWWWWIE !

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Door closes only when guests are present. Mare and I aren't shy that way.

Ember (prince kitty) likes to come in and guard me while I do my business. I'm buying him a little hoodie that reads " SECURITY " on the back. He does a great job. I haven't been assaulted on the toilet yet.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #15
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Since I live alone. I leave it open....

And sometimes if Simon has missed me he will come in there and sometimes he just sits in the door way waiting on me

If company was there well the door would be shut.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

always open whether i want it that way or not.

Long time ago, I was in the washroom utilizing the facilities, and the doorbell rang, my kids went running answered the door, (i could hear they were just down the hall) It was the UPs man and he asked if the parent was there as an adult needed to sign..I heard the children say yes, cmon in (thinking how proud i was, they had learned to invite guests in and take them to the living room) until the door to the bathroom opened and there stood the UPS guy, kids told him i was in there and to go ahead in

After that I never bothered to close the bathroom door again, why bother!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

The cats outnumber the humans in this house and if the door is closed the intrepid little cuties just go around the other way through our walk in closet which is connected to the bathroom lol
our cats have this fascination with humans on the toilet...its like the batsignal for pet me pet pet me hahah its really cute though
two of my cats actually love to drink hot bathwater????now what in hell is that all about???? lmfao
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I forget..

I semi close the door, but it never latches.. (I do make an effort if the kid has company) and then my molly has to come in for her.. *Alone* time with mom... I continue to explain that it's supposed to be MY alone time, but she ignores me...

The other cat's pretty well leave me alone.. except the brat cat.. She's almost always at least within 10 feet of me... or just out of petting range...
Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #19
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
The cats outnumber the humans in this house and if the door is closed the intrepid little cuties just go around the other way through our walk in closet which is connected to the bathroom lol
our cats have this fascination with humans on the toilet...its like the batsignal for pet me pet pet me hahah its really cute though
two of my cats actually love to drink hot bathwater????now what in hell is that all about???? lmfao

Our cats have this same weird bathroom fixation,too . The middle child pushed her way into the bathroom today (my fault for not fully closing the door), proceeded to meow loudly at me three times, then turned around and walked out. I guess she came in to yell at me about something.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

What is it with the four-footed furry ones and the bathroom? Sometimes a person can hardly move in there for all the bodies... yes, the door has to be open, and yes the cats will open it if it's closed, unless we manage to latch it.

The dogs don't get to come in because the litterboxes are in there, but if they could, they would.

At least I don't feel so bewildered now, knowing that our cats are not the only ones who have to supervise! Sheesh, if we tried to pet them while they were in the litterbox they'd be HIGHLY offended, but it never seems to sink in when I say "this is my litterbox; I don't WANT to pet you right now!"

They just sit there and stare at me until I give up and pet them, lol....
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post: