Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #221
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

TSA Allowed at Least 11 Airport Employees With Criminal Backgrounds To Receive Security Badges

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/tsa-allowed-least-11-airport-employees-criminal-backgrounds-receive-security-badges

"The Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) mismanagement of a program responsible for issuing security badges to aviation employees resulted in at least 11 individuals with criminal backgrounds obtaining badges that allowed access to secure areas of U.S. airports."

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #222
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the Headlines

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324128504578346183905546450.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

"The Transportation Security Administration tacitly admitted last week that a big part of its job is a complete waste of time."

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #223
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA agents 'humiliated' wounded Marine with aggressive inspection: report

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/mar/19/tsa-agents-humiliated-wounded-marine-aggressive-in/

"Transportation Security Administration inspectors forced a wounded Marine who lost both of his legs in an IED blast and who was in a wheelchair to remove his prosthetic legs at one point, and at another point to stand painfully on his legs while his wheelchair was examined, according to a complaint a congressman has registered with the TSA."

Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #224
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA tested, scrapped program that tracked Bluetooth devices

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/tsa-tested-scrapped-program-tracked-bluetooth-devi/nWyfh/?nmredir=true

"This is an expensive and needlessly complicated way of estimating wait times, compared with say a ticket agent writing the time at the front of the line," said Julian Sanchez, author of "Wiretapping the Internet."

Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #225
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Orlando TSA officer arrested, accused of stealing tourist's computer

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/orlando-tsa-officer-arrested-accused-stealing-tour/nW2ZG/

Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #226
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA agent accidentally pepper sprays fellow agents

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tsa-screener-accidentally-pepper-sprays-fellow-agents-222955329.html

"The agent, Chris Yves Dabel, discovered the device at the Terminal 2 security checkpoint and tried to determine if it was real, a source told The Post. He told Port Authority cops that he “found the canister on the floor and thought it was a laser pointer". They were playing around with it,” said one Kennedy Airport official."

Pepper spray looks like a laser pointer? No wonder weapons get through the checkpoints.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #227
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

This blog posting describes issues Sai has had with TSA due to his neurological disorder.

http://saizai.com/tsa

Does his treatment really make you feel safer?

Please consider how many people the ineffectual TSA 'rules' adversely affect.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #228
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Last week when I was flying from Boise to Denver the TSA agent confiscated about $50 worth of hair products from me. It was kind of my fault because I put them in my carry on but still an unreasonable policy imo. The agent started pissing me off when she told me I could check them which would mean spending $50. I told her to smell it. She said 'Miss I'm not going to do that' and I said, 'because you know that's shampoo'...she said nothing.

At least they should post signs at the check in counter to remind people to pack their toiletries in their checked luggage. I had to just throw that stuff out.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #229
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Default And another one is caught stealing

TSA employee at Columbia Regional Airport arrested after items went missing

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/161362/tsa-employee-at-columbia-regional-airport-arrested-after-items-went-missing/

A Transportation Security Administration employee at Columbia Regional Airport was arrested Thursday after passengers complained about missing items from their luggage.

http://www.komu.com/news/tsa-employee-at-columbia-regional-arrested/

Last edited by Andrea; 04-27-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #230
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Default Perhaps he was trained by this supervisor

TSA supervisor caught stealing pills from luggage in Syracuse

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/04/tsa_supervisor_caught_stealing.html

TSA supervisor was himself caught on videotape last month stealing 12 Tylenol pills from a passenger's luggage in Syracuse, according to a police report.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #231
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Airline, Airport Employees Caught Abusing Security Badges

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Airline-Airport-Employees-Caught-Abusing-Security-Badges-205288061.html

".....workers at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport abusing their security badges, even using them to help family and friends skip the checkpoints to board flights."

All airport employees must pass TSA security clearance. Feel safer?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #232
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA workers at Daytona airport get more training after complaint

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130517/NEWS/305179958

"Robi Mandell, who has multiple sclerosis and lupus, suddenly found herself arguing with a trio of Transportation Security Administration workers. For 20 minutes, she said they repeatedly told her she couldn't get out of her wheelchair and walk through the metal detector – even though she told them several times she was capable of doing that with a cane."

Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #233
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Showdown at the Airport Body Scanner

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/showdown-at-the-airport-body-scanner/

An OpEd piece that could have been written by me (if I could write).

Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #234
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Default Not TSA but shows how ridiculous things are getting

Women pulled off flight at JFK after talking about 'taking down America'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/women_pulled_america_flight_down_AZJ55fBOfuIxi7uGJ xMHSL#.UafLHvbFhas.email

"Two Middle Eastern women were pulled off an arriving flight at JFK Airport late this afternoon when a passenger claimed she heard one make a comment about “taking down America,” law-enforcement sources told The Post.

The drama unfolded around 5:45 p.m. aboard Delta flight #1192 from Tampa when the female passenger told an airline employee that her seatmate made the ominous comment, the sources said.

The two women were taken into custody by the Joint Terrorism Task Force and Port Authority Emergency Service cops.

They were released without being charged."

Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #235
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Report Says T.S.A. Screening Is Not Objective

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/us/report-says-tsa-screening-program-not-objective.html?hpw&_r=1&

"The Transportation Security Administration has little evidence that an airport passenger screening program, which some employees believe is a magnet for racial profiling and has cost taxpayers nearly one billion dollars, screens passengers objectively, according to a report by the inspector general for the Homeland Security Department."

Old 06-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #236
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Former TSA worker indicted, arrested in Gresham on federal bank robbery charges

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2013/06/former_tsa_worker_indicted_arr.html

At one point, this man had the authority to fondle you and decide if you could fly. Still feeling safer with the TSA?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #237
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA agent arrested over cocaine

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/tsa-agent-arrested-over-cocaine

"A TSA agent at the Buffalo Niagara Airport is facing felony drug charges."

Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #238
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Force of Twitter was with him! Famed Chewbacca actor gets light saber cane back from TSA after tweeting snap at airport security

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/security_light_twitter_saber_after_6N9tFUNvRXHL5iQ mhb26tM

I am glad TSA came to their senses and allowed this person to keep a medically necessary item.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #239
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

First time I wasn't felt up by security to check my personal package and I got a "gorgeous" remark. Although, I think she was referring to the smooth pace of the line.
I don't like those naked machines. however, i understand why they are necessary.
We exist...so get used to it.

Tsa and trans travelers
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...nder-travelers

I have to grin a bit at the " packing a carry-on"

Last edited by DMW; 06-09-2013 at 10:16 AM.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #240
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Wake up! Photos, video show JFK Airport security guards dozing at key posts

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dream_job_for_airport_workers_5ZMBzolLgQIXKp39jaqu OI

"Terror-targeted JFK Airport has become a giant slumber party for some of its security guards — who regularly doze on duty at key posts, according to a former boss and damning photos obtained by The Post."