Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:
In a realationship with my PhD. Dissertation work for the next 3 years

nowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Banter and flirting

So, I am watching the West Wing and I love the banter and wit wrapped in the flirting scenes. I admit I am a week kneed Butch who is seduced by a Women's ability to use her brain to banter as a form of seduction

And you? is Banter a part of your flirting dance? If not is it a deal breaker?
I'll start, yes it is a deal breaker for me I find I need that balance of quick wit intellect in a potential partner. Having had it and also not having had it.

" It's a Kind of testing, The kind of testing that spiritual warriors need in order to awaken their Heart" PC
nowandthen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer someone be just who they are in real life and be honest about it, that way I can see how they act, and if I find a trait that I don't care for, it could be a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I like the banter and wit a lot. I like anyone who "gets" my often bizarre sense of humor.

Lots of things might be deal breakers but intelligence, wit, and willingness to tolerate my occasional weirdness tend to keep me interested.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I like good banter. However I dont like show offs whose egoes are so inflated that they think everything they say deserves an applause or is a trophy of their intelligence. You get one or a few in every crowd..it ends up looking like this:

I like banter and wit to be seasoned with compassion and humanity...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:

nowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I like good banter. However I dont like show offs whose egoes are so inflated that they think everything they say deserves an applause or is a trophy of their intelligence. You get one or a few in every crowd..it ends up looking like this:

I like banter and wit to be seasoned with compassion and humanity...
Oh I not for show off banter, I'm for equal exchange banter, so I guess I find a difference between banter and having to be right, banter for me is not about being right, it is about the exchange, laughter,thought provoking,sexual innuendo, etc. I love the writing on the West Wing the exchanges or as I think of it as banter.

" It's a Kind of testing, The kind of testing that spiritual warriors need in order to awaken their Heart" PC
The Following User Says Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Cerebral fucking!!!! Gotta have it!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default I prefer to call it "maintaining standards."

Banter, oh yes. Got. to. have. it.

I need the witty repartee. To be kept on my toes, challenged. Scint- & titillated. Keep me from becoming complacent.

Play 20 questions with me, show me you're a smarty pants.

I need it in my friends, too.

I'm a demanding asshole that way.

eta: "equal exchange banter" I like this. Reciprocity in all things. Except, well. Somethings.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 05-19-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: eta. duh. don't be dumb!
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

If it's bantering, I like the kind that makes me :yeah that:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Cerebral fucking!!!! Gotta have it!!!

Gray matter is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I am a fan of the banter-dance. Entice me, challenge me, make me laugh, voice your ideas, thoughts, opinions.....that is the ultimate foreplay. Attract my mind...and the body follows suit.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

i agree totally!

Just last night i had a great chat with a BFguy friend of mine.
Gosh he makes me laugh.
i just love when someone is quick on the take and can challenge me to keep up.
(not that i'm a slow chick - you should see me in action )

*freyja*--> in search of a mind-seducer. Any applicants? *grin*

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Get inside my head? The rest is easy........
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

To me, (<~~ & what that means is "The following is MY opinion.") there is nothing more dreary than to be in a conversation with someone who never says anything or says very little....I might as well be talking to a wall.

I have to have the banter....I have to have the verbal 'sparring' (I don't mean fighting)....challenge me/let me challenge YOU, I have to have the back~&~forth of idea~bouncing.....it's intelligent, it makes me think, it excites me and delights me and it turns me on on SO many levels.........

Be milk~toast if You wish, but don't climb into my bowl, thanks!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #14
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

[/COLOR][/I][/B]
that made me laugh out loud

The Following User Says Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #15
Deborah

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babydoll is a start....
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Livingston 4/20/2013

Thanked 1,454 Times in 276 Posts
Deborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
To me, (<~~ & what that means is "The following is MY opinion.") there is nothing more dreary than to be in a conversation with someone who never says anything or says very little....I might as well be talking to a wall.

I have to have the banter....I have to have the verbal 'sparring' (I don't mean fighting)....challenge me/let me challenge YOU, I have to have the back~&~forth of idea~bouncing.....it's intelligent, it makes me think, it excites me and delights me and it turns me on on SO many levels.........

We are so on the same page Darling Diva...if someone can't take the banter they are gonna get their feelers hurt...and I don't want to hurt nobody...well not usually..I love me a good smartass, I am with Dude ya know, gotta love 'em

"The Good Within Me Honors The Good Within You"
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
So, I am watching the West Wing and I love the banter and wit wrapped in the flirting scenes. I admit I am a week kneed Butch who is seduced by a Women's ability to use her brain to banter as a form of seduction

And you? is Banter a part of your flirting dance? If not is it a deal breaker?
I'll start, yes it is a deal breaker for me I find I need that balance of quick wit intellect in a potential partner. Having had it and also not having had it.
Banter is very important for me. It's very similar to the rituals used in the animal kingdom. One being makes an advance, whether verbally, physically or through eye contact across the room (kinda physical but separate). The other being is either receptive or not. If receptive, the dance begins.

For me, words and the way one's mind works is just as potent a part of the flirting and mating ritual as the actual movements of the body. I can't have one without the other. There has to be a carnal, physical connection but if the mental processes aren't clicking, then it's going nowhere fast.

It works the same the other way too. I can have all the witty banter and flirtatious nothings whispered in my ear, but if I'm not attracted physically to them and they are not showing me that they are physically attracted to me, it's off. No Donkey Kong will be played that night or with that person.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
GoofyLuvr

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Well golly gee whiz, I bet she would do it!
Relationship Status:
completely, totally, head over heels in love :)

GoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueline View Post
We are so on the same page Darling Diva...if someone can't take the banter they are gonna get their feelers hurt...and I don't want to hurt nobody...well not usually..I love me a good smartass, I am with Dude ya know, gotta love 'em
This is SO VERY true for me, also. It's always the smartass that catches my attention, and also gets me into BIG trouble! Lawdy, the stories I could tell! But, yup, if they can't give it AND take it, they can just keep on walkin!!!
GoofyLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoofyLuvr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Wit is a MUST if you want to catch my attention
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Next is brains........someone who can carry on a good conversation!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #20
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default God yes...

There a few things sexier than a sharp mind - and good banter and skilled flirting are a sure sign of one!

I LIKE suggestive innuendo and good flirting. I love it when someone brings their A game to a conversation, an email, even a text. The more creative, the better...

Plus, if anyone's really that good, chances are they'll have an opportunity to back it up in person.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post: