Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #13681
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Insomnia. I've had it for a week. Due to a combination of high high crisis week at work- being on call and lots of late night emergencies/middle of the night calls- and general chaos around me. I need to take some time off.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2018, 02:26 AM   #13682
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really stressing about Survival Cat. Getting her into the no kill shelter isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, and I just can't stand the thought of her stuffed in one of those little cages at the pound.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #13683
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

A lot...too much...
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #13684
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I have been reading about gaslighting. Pretty interesting!

Gaslighting is when someone screws with your sense of reality to manipulate you, causing you to distrust yourself and trust them instead.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2018, 01:04 AM   #13685
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post

Gaslighting is when someone screws with your sense of reality to manipulate you, causing you to distrust yourself and trust them instead.
Gaslight was a great movie too. I've seen the 1944 version with Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer and Joseph Cotton. (yes, I had to look it up!)
Old 01-20-2018, 05:23 AM   #13686
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Post gaslighting

Quote:

To discover reality requires a certain sense of skepticism with regards to what others consider to be written in stone, so to speak. Once a person accepts an idea by anyone as how things should be, they block themselves. So whatever you do, don't block yourself! Anything the mind puts together can be undone. So whatever you believe can be put aside.
Best wishes,
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #13687
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

To persue another job. I need something different, not 7 days a week.

To pay off some debt, soon, before it ruins my credit.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 03:17 AM   #13688
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gaslighting

Quote:

This sounds intensely interesting and requiring quite a bit of responsibility on the part "the manipulator." Who is actually the Top.

My good friend, who happens to be a psychiatrist, enjoys Topping psych scenes. We have often team Topped a bottom with the express consent that she will experience a period of time she will be uncertain what is and is not reality. She must enter the scene with a full understanding of what may occur.

The point of my post is to make those unknowing aware of the fact that, if gaslighting is done, all participants will be in a scene that requires a good deal of skill to successfully accomplish all elements of this type of scene including reorientation and aftercare. An intense psych scene is no less mind-altering than an equivalent physical one. You may not see any physical marks, trust that there are emotional marks which need to be dealt with.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #13689
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

A camper, I can't find exactly what I want and am not sure they make what I want.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #13690
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Alot is circling My mind the past 2 days... many things to consider moving forward...
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #13691
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

The reason I have been interested in reading about gas lighting is because years ago at work, I had a guy try and practice his gas lighting talents on me.

I did not have a name for this guy's "condition" until I recently stumbled into the gas lighting topic online. There he was. There he is today.

I shut his noise down.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 05:20 AM   #13692
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

How suddenly my mind is shifting towards the “us" and not the “me"
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #13693
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
How suddenly my mind is shifting towards the “us" and not the “me"
With all that shifting one word comes to mind "EARTHQUAKE " lololol kotc
Old 01-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #13694
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Leo

JUL 23 - AUG 22

You are just as impatient as the other fire signs, but your fixed nature can turn a frustrating situation in your favor now. Once you set your mind to accomplishing a goal, you are relentless in your pursuit until you reach your destination. Although you may run into one stop sign after another today, youre not likely to become discouraged. Youre a pro at taking it all in stride because you understand that setbacks are not permanent; they are merely resting points on your way to success. Persistence is your ally when times are tough.

My daily horoscope.....I LOVE the part about my seeing "setbacks are NOT permanent, they are merely resting points on the way to success"....YES! I do see things this way...

Also about once I set my mind on something I am relentless in my pursuit! Stubborn, much? lol
Old 01-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #13695
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

We've been looking at real estate down near Asheville...i know it's where my soul belongs and my honey is willing to make the move...but I'm trying to finish school first...

But....

A house that we particularly love just had a significant price reduction... I say I can always finish my degree there...my honey is sensible and says we need to plan and prepare. But this house...it calls to me. As do the mountains. I miss them....we shall see
Old 01-29-2018, 05:12 AM   #13696
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

that there is an assumption among some, that all babygirls like to color and play with dolls and glitter...

*sigh*
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #13697
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
that there is an assumption among some, that all babygirls like to color and play with dolls and glitter...

*sigh*
Or that all Daddies like that sort of thing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2018, 02:38 AM   #13698
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Post becoming

all "becoming" is an illusion, because it is an escape from who you are;
and the word 'illusion' comes from the Latin, il- + ludere, to play falsely, to play with things that aren't real
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2018, 05:10 AM   #13699
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

that in one week, i’ll be waking up in paradise with the butch of my dreams

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #13700
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

*sigh*
I like to color but as someone who is always drawing, that's no surprise Okay and I really do love glitter eyeshadow...
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post: