Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Barefoot or near barefoot running/walking..

Anyone else live primarily barefoot or nearly barefoot (through the use of Vibrams Five Fingers or similar "shoes")? I started running with these and I have to say it's the most amazing experience I ever had when it came to running. I have to say that my recovery is a lot faster and I actually **GASP** enjoy running.

When I used to run, my knee and back would hurt. It'd take a couple of days to recover and I hated running. Today, not any more. You do have to change how you run (you have to do forefoot/mid-foot strike rather than heel strike that we're often used to) but it is well worth it, IMO.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,594 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

I've seen those, but can't imagine using them!! I have chronic plantar fasciitis in both feet, which makes running virtually impossible. I do walk long distances for exercise, though. I wonder if these have been tested in people with PF?

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Anyone else live primarily barefoot or nearly barefoot (through the use of Vibrams Five Fingers or similar "shoes")? I started running with these and I have to say it's the most amazing experience I ever had when it came to running. I have to say that my recovery is a lot faster and I actually **GASP** enjoy running.

When I used to run, my knee and back would hurt. It'd take a couple of days to recover and I hated running. Today, not any more. You do have to change how you run (you have to do forefoot/mid-foot strike rather than heel strike that we're often used to) but it is well worth it, IMO.

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Take a look at these reviews:

http://www.runcolo.com/Product-Revie...e-Fingers.html

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/barefoot/

http://sparrowrose.livejournal.com/799529.html

Old 08-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't bought the Vibrams yet, but I do walk on the treadmill barefoot and it is much more pleasant for me than with shoes on.

Jesse
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
I haven't bought the Vibrams yet, but I do walk on the treadmill barefoot and it is much more pleasant for me than with shoes on.

Jesse

I'm too wussy to fully run barefoot, which is why I got these. But I do recommend them if you want to avoid some of the stuff that's on city streets.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am in love with my Vibram Five Fingers, I had become so debilitated that I required a cane to walk for any distance, but with my Vibrams I am cane free!!! I have winter ones, summer ones and dress ones that look like golf gloves for my feet.....they look silly but I sure do feel better! I wholeheartedly recommend them.
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I don't wear the Vibrams, but, love going barefoot whenever possible, especially in the Summer. I've known a few Chiropodists who recommend going barefoot for at least an hour each day.

I'll look into the Vibrams....I wonder if they will be good for my SB when as I like to walk a lot....?!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote