Old 10-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #14581
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I need to decide if I’m going to stay here or move. If I move I think I want to move home to Michigan. I love Detroit and Michigan, but do I really want to deal with the snow? No one that spends more than 20 minutes in snow and ice or is over the age of 12 'wants' to deal with it. And that creeping ice thing is, well, creepy.

I think the only way I could move to Michigan is if I lived in a single-story condo with an attached garage. That would solve some of the challenges I’d have.

If I move I have two pieces of furniture I must take with me. A radio and a long church pew:

Anything else I wouldn’t mind selling. I have a year or two before I need to decide but I need to start thinking or plotting this out now.

Maybe i could have these items shipped to me and sell everything else.

Do I really want to do a cross-country move?
No one really wants to do a cross-country move but I've done 3 of them with varying degrees of success. If you do opt to ship your super gorgeous items read the contract very, very carefully. A lot of companies will pay for damages, providing you can find someone to provide an estimate to repair and you can show them comps for the same type of product. None of them that I have dealt with have paid for missing items. Both of my mover moves have resulted in lost items. The one I did myself did not.

If it were me, I'd package them up like you are expecting them to get through an earthquake and then pay someone to load up the truck nicely for me and drive myself there. Of course, if you aren't comfortable with a dolly for your vehicle, then that might not work.

My theory is usually 'I'll know it'll get done right if I do it myself'.

Whatever option you choose, definitely bombard the shipping/moving companies with a ton of questions about their process, fees, and the 1001 what ifs that could happen. If you seem like you'll ride their butt the whole time, they may take more care with your items just to avoid problems with you.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #14582
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
OMG....Orema what a beautiful radio!
Is it in working condition? You are right about that being a keeper, it is a work of art!
This photo is something I pulled off the internet, but I just added a photo of my radio in the gallery. It's not nearly as pristine as this one (it needs some knobs and a good buffing) but it's very special to me and represents some wonderful times.

The photo in the gallery was made in 1948, I think. The radio worked when I bought it in 1981 but it picked up weird frequencies (Radio America). It's stopped working over the years and with many moves but I think it could be put in working condition. Though, I'm just happy with it as it is. It's a comfort for me—seeing it and knowing it's nearby soothes me.

Maybe one day I'll be ready to give it up, but not yet.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #14583
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
No one really wants to do a cross-country move but I've done 3 of them with varying degrees of success. If you do opt to ship your super gorgeous items read the contract very, very carefully. A lot of companies will pay for damages, providing you can find someone to provide an estimate to repair and you can show them comps for the same type of product. None of them that I have dealt with have paid for missing items. Both of my mover moves have resulted in lost items. The one I did myself did not.

If it were me, I'd package them up like you are expecting them to get through an earthquake and then pay someone to load up the truck nicely for me and drive myself there. Of course, if you aren't comfortable with a dolly for your vehicle, then that might not work.

My theory is usually 'I'll know it'll get done right if I do it myself'.

Whatever option you choose, definitely bombard the shipping/moving companies with a ton of questions about their process, fees, and the 1001 what ifs that could happen. If you seem like you'll ride their butt the whole time, they may take more care with your items just to avoid problems with you.
Thank you so much for this valuable information. I did a cross country move once with a major moving company and it went relatively well. Few things were missing, they were late, but we hit a snow storm in Flagstaff, we paid an arm and an leg.

I don't have an arm and a leg to give this time so I'm lookin for less expensive ways to make this happen if I decide to move. Thank you again.

Please let me hit you up in PMs if I have some questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #14584
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Friends star Jane Sibbett talks homophobia, Donald Trump, and the queer spinoff we deserve..

The One with the Lesbian Wedding hit screens in January 1996 and marked a milestone for queer communities worldwide, the effects of which are still being felt today.

More than two decades later, fans still seek out Sibbett and her on-screen wife, Jessica Hecht, to sing their praises and thank them for their cultural impact.

Vocal advocates for Democratic candidate Joe Biden, Sibbett and Hecht are using their platform as the first queer brides of the small screen to campaign for change.

“It never occurred to me when we began Friends that we would be dealing with this here, 26 years later … and we’re having these conversations still,” Sibbett said.

“I mean certainly with Trump and his people here, it’s sliding backwards and I couldn’t even imagine that would happen … we still have a ways to go.

“My sweet [on-screen] wife and I have been doing lots of campaigning for Joe Biden because we do not need a dictator. We really actually want a president, so we’re looking for a healthier way forward.

“If you’re going to have any type of platform, it is the time to move forward because to continue on this way, with this President, we’re just going backwards to the ’50s.”

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2020, 05:29 AM   #14585
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This photo is something I pulled off the internet, but I just added a photo of my radio in the gallery. It's not nearly as pristine as this one (it needs some knobs and a good buffing) but it's very special to me and represents some wonderful times.

The photo in the gallery was made in 1948, I think. The radio worked when I bought it in 1981 but it picked up weird frequencies (Radio America). It's stopped working over the years and with many moves but I think it could be put in working condition. Though, I'm just happy with it as it is. It's a comfort for me—seeing it and knowing it's nearby soothes me.

Maybe one day I'll be ready to give it up, but not yet.
I looked at your gallery photo, that is an absolute keeper!!! Exciting to think about moving and being able to make plans and decisions at your own pace.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2020, 06:17 AM   #14586
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

My knees are on my mind.

I have a Genu Valgum (knock-knees) and it’s become severe with arthritis. Fortunately, knee-replacement and correction surgery can solve this problem.

One of the best things I’ve done is getting the exercise bike. Already I’ve noticed a big improvement. I’ll still need surgery but I won’t do any more damage and my recovery rate shouldn’t be too bad. Will stick with the exercises and weight loss since it’s helping so much.

I just don’t know when I’ll be able to have the surgery with COVID-19. I’ll talk with my doctor about it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2020, 08:31 AM   #14587
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

She is always on my mind but unfortunately she is involved and intends to meet shortly with her newbie. Life is like that at times so I give up. ty.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #14588
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Telling a former friend and co-worker why I no longer want to be her friend.

I've been ghosting her for a year and she continues to reach out. Now she's contacting other co-workers who are now contacting me.

It's time for me shut this down and do what I should have done months ago.

I'll give her call after I do some errands this morning.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 08:04 PM   #14589
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Meeting new friends tomorrow at a restaurant, for some local music on the beach. Then off for a BBQ! Weather is in my favor!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 07:14 AM   #14590
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

A realtor who’s coming by to look at the femme cave this morning.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 11:06 AM   #14591
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On your mind

How do I know if she is on or off?????? Darn femmes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 04:15 PM   #14592
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post

I know right!? There should be a book for us butches Stone!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #14593
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default whats on your mind

Well bud if they can't say it, send a telegram or spit it on the wall so we can read it. I abhor games.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:28 PM   #14594
Pacificblu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Pacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
Conversation. Ask her!

If she won’t give you a straight answer, run. No one should be strung along by anyone.

Good luck
Pacificblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacificblu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 05:58 AM   #14595
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Bears and Snow

I’m moving back to Michigan, I think.

I’m leaving California and am almost certain I’ll move back to Michigan. Just have to find what I want (a nice single-level condo) in a city I like.

I was considering the upper peninsular, but too many bears in that area (thanks for the reminder, Homoe!).

I haven’t been in the snow for decades, and am a little concerned about that, but I want to go home. Snow or not.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #14596
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I’m leaving California and am almost certain I’ll move back to Michigan. Just have to find what I want (a nice single-level condo) in a city I like.

I was considering the upper peninsular, but too many bears in that area (thanks for the reminder, Homoe!).

I haven’t been in the snow for decades, and am a little concerned about that, but I want to go home. Snow or not.
Don't worry to much about snow, it'll melt eventually...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #14597
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Why make a child if you can't take care nor be there for them and you really think that they'll wont have any anger or negative word for you? Is it denial or ? 😕
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #14598
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default On your mind

Beautiful snow, having the fireplace going, Spring. lol
Old 11-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #14599
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

PROTOCOLS OF ZION-->QANON-->DONALD TRUMP-->FASCHIST USA

The Conspiracy Theory to Rule Them All
What explains the strange, long life of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

The modern world’s most consequential conspiracy text was barely noticed when it first appeared in a little-read Russian newspaper in 1903. The message of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is straightforward, and terrifying: The rise of liberalism had provided Jews with the tools to destroy institutions—the nobility, the church, the sanctity of marriage—whole. Soon, they would take control of the world, as part of a revenge plot dating back to the ascendancy of Christendom. The text, ostensibly narrated by a Jewish leader, describes this plan in detail, relying on centuries-old anti-Jewish tropes, and including lengthy expositions on monetary, media, and electoral manipulation. It announces Jewry’s triumph as imminent: The world order will fall into the hands of a cunning elite, who have schemed forever and are now fated to rule until the end of time.

It has enjoyed a remarkable appeal, despite various attempts to ban it and calls for individuals to denounce it—and now, in our conspiracy-saturated moment, it has decisively reemerged.

The book sells widely in Turkey, Syria, and Japan; remains a staple of Russian Orthodox bookshops; and in 2002, was the subject of a long-running Egyptian television series. It is widely available on eBay and on the Barnes & Noble website. The British charity Oxfam sold it on its site until March of this year. When asked by The New York Times in 2018 to name the books at her bedside, Alice Walker listed David Icke’s And the Truth Will Set You Free, a contemporary summary of The Protocols. At a 2019 congressional hearing, the former National Security Council official Fiona Hill described The Protocols’ image of a greedy, devious Jew as “the longest-running anti-Semitic trope we have.” Last week, when an automated Twitter bot managed by the FBI posted a 139-page file containing the text and the agency’s documents on it, hate-filled praise streamed in alongside the replies condemning the tweet for its lack of context. For devotees, The Protocols’ capacity to explain the world remains so resonant that the COVID-19 pandemic has now been blamed on the machinations of the ubiquitous Jewish elders.

A mountain of writings has surfaced over the past century and more, each devoted to revealing the supposed perfidy of the Jews. But nearly all have disappeared: The back shelves of research libraries are packed with anti-Semitic best sellers now turned to dust. (Who still reads Houston Stewart Chamberlain’s The Foundations of the Nineteenth Century, a massive best seller celebrated by George Bernard Shaw at the time of its publication in 1899 as a “masterpiece”?) Even Hitler’s Mein Kampf is rarely cited, though it remains a favorite of the Nation of Islam’s Louis Farrakhan and in a newly energized far right.

But The Protocols has survived, more so than any other text of its kind. It has done so not because its ideas are particularly original, and certainly not because they’re correct. It has done so for the simple reason that The Protocols is, curiously enough, a compelling read. Conspiracy theories are many things, but most of all, they’re narratives—understandable, comprehensive stories about how the world works, complete with the arcs and the rhythms of any other epic tale of heroes and villains. Part of what makes certain ones endure is how well they unfurl that story.

The Protocols’ voice is cool, patronizing, vile; the voice of someone who is ready to perform any task, however dastardly, in the march toward world domination. This, then, is no secondary source, unlike other familiar, formulaic expressions of anti-Semitism, but a chance to overhear a consequential Jewish leader plotting the fate of the world. This narrative immediacy is the difference between a newspaper article and a novel, between remove and urgency. The Protocols is not, purportedly, mere narration of a diabolical plot—it’s evidence of one. It projects authority by obscuring its authorship, not unlike various religious texts—or, to use a much more recent and pertinent example, the anonymous dispatches that form the foundation of QAnon.

And beneath its wild, hate-filled surface, The Protocols has a surprisingly solid, if plagiarized, core. Joly’s source material is an astute portrait of modernity’s ills, imagining a collision between (the well-meaning, but inadequate) Montesquieu and (the brilliant, immeasurably more persuasive) Machiavelli, and ultimately reveals the susceptibility of liberal society to manipulation and distraction using war, or greed, or the clouds of nostalgia. It was a prescient view of the world, as the political theorist Hans Speier has said, one that perceived “the hazards of popular sovereignty as well as the abuse of power by social engineers.” Nearly everything about The Protocols is wrong, but just enough about its depiction of the onset of totalitarianism is insightful that it is harder to dismiss than other, more outlandish conspiracy theories.

And though its most fervent following is on the far right, the text itself is without any emphatic leftist or rightist coloring. This is why it can be embraced as it is today by disparate groups such as evangelicals, neo-Nazis, some anti-Israel activists, and a slice of black-metal fans. It is endlessly versatile, a Rorschach test onto which a great assortment of convictions can readily be sketched.

Perhaps the finest of all scholars writing today about The Protocols is Michael Hagemeister, a mild, left-leaning German based at the Ruhr University in Bochum.

To Hagemeister, the plot laid out in The Protocols seemed no more current than the fear of the Illuminati or the Freemasons, the stuff of a Dan Brown bestseller. Its fortune has risen considerably since. Having now spent 30 years studying the text, Hagemeister told me recently that he isn’t surprised that it’s been used to explain the pandemic. The Protocols feels all the more pertinent, he added, at moments of crisis such as this one, when the righteous are urged to close their ranks to repel the enemy—a strategy the book suggests could effectively stop the Jews. Like QAnon’s missives or some of the finest novels, The Protocols is a narrative about the crucial moment just before cataclysm, and the notion that those horrors can still be averted with a swift and unequivocal response.

The belief captured by The Protocols that the world is in the clutches of a cabal—mighty, yet small enough to fit itself into the discreet, darkened corner of a club—certainly isn’t the sole possession of those who loathe Jews. But Jews, whether in the guise of Soros or Rothschild, Disraeli or Marx, provide a time-tested, biblically vetted vortex. And at a jittery moment such as ours, when it’s so easy to feel the world is cascading out of control, it’s revealing that The Protocols has shed its archaic feel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #14600
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

The bears go in to hibernation early Nov and don't come out until spring and in the UP spring is June sometime, about the same time all the snow melts..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: