Notices

Old 11-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #14601
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I’m moving back to Michigan, I think.

I’m leaving California and am almost certain I’ll move back to Michigan. Just have to find what I want (a nice single-level condo) in a city I like.

I was considering the upper peninsular, but too many bears in that area (thanks for the reminder, Homoe!).

I haven’t been in the snow for decades, and am a little concerned about that, but I want to go home. Snow or not.
Now you're right to be concerned a bit about the snow! Often times a person's car can get buried and then it's hard to locate!

Once you get there may I suggest you invest in sturdy head-wear? Those Femme foo foo head-coverings from CA won't protect worth a damn in MI weather!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #14602
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I’m leaving California and am almost certain I’ll move back to Michigan. Just have to find what I want (a nice single-level condo) in a city I like.

I was considering the upper peninsular, but too many bears in that area (thanks for the reminder, Homoe!).

I haven’t been in the snow for decades, and am a little concerned about that, but I want to go home. Snow or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Don't worry to much about snow, it'll melt eventually...
Depends on the snow. Here, it doesn't melt. It refreezes because it's almost always wet and cold. Lots of black ice here. Denver, on the other hand, is a higher elevation, so it does melt very quickly. The season between 2014-2015 was a killer here. We had to bring machines in to stack the snow to get it off the ground. It was packed so tightly that some of it didn't melt until June. No joke.

We had newscasts like this the whole winter!

Don't get anything on the water! Don't want this happening.

Snow is fine if you prepare for it. Keep an emergency kit in your trunk. Buy a quality jacket and spare gloves....a nice hat that covers your ears....boots with good tread for traction....nice thick socks and maybe a pair of undergarments. Fleece-lined thermal leggings are the bomb! I would buy the basics online so you have it as you transition from sunny and warm to chilly and cloudy and then get the bulk of your gear there. Local shops are going to have the best stuff for the environment in which they exist. The good news is that you will only need to get enough stuff to run errands and walk about in the weather. You won't have to dress to work in it.

Your blood is thinner now so you'll get colder faster. It took me a couple of years to adapt from Texas to Rhode Island. A quality thick blanket on the bed makes alllll the difference. Maybe a weighted one?

On the flip side, you'll get to do this!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #14603
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

I think i need to start looking for a house. While I can more than handle repairs with knowledge...it's the money I'm concerned about.. Just getting out of grad school I have yet to start having to pay that bill, and I really did not want to get stuck into the loop of working two and three jobs, again.

I want to take a breather. However, tonight i fed a feral cat.. who does not look malnourished, but she rubbed against me as i stood outside smoking my cigar and i was thinking of the cats AND dogs here. I would "steal" them all. sigh
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #14604
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Flint, Michigan is on my mind.

Am thinking of moving to a suburb in the Flint area. Wouldn't mind spending some years in that area. Even with their water problems.

That area is far enough from family where I don't have to worry about them popping in for a visit, but close enough for most of us to drive to see each other.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #14605
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Either you like the Pop In or you don't.......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #14606
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,459 Times in 2,631 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

Welcome to Canada. Yesterday small amount of snow and lots of high winds, today, calm and super cold, tomorrow warming up, Thurs., Fri., Sat., go to the beach in your shorts. We do more than change our minds here in the North.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #14607
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

I want a time turner like that my tests at school will be over already! I'm not pouting! I'm a grown up and yadayada 😅
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #14608
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Bed sores are no fun.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2020, 10:59 PM   #14609
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Red vs. Blue.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 04:45 AM   #14610
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Politics and Pillows

It would be hard not to think about the election even if I wasn’t interested.

Am thinking about pillows because lately I’ve been waking up with a sore neck. Have tried a couple new pillows but returned them because they were too soft. I like medium-firm pillows and I think I need something softer, but not as soft as I’ve been trying out. Will keep testing till I find one I like that is affordable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 04:54 AM   #14611
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Who Will Win

Key Presidential Races Calculator

Scroll to bottom of page to veiw it, play with possible outcome senarios
https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #14612
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
It would be hard not to think about the election even if I wasn’t interested.

Am thinking about pillows because lately I’ve been waking up with a sore neck. Have tried a couple new pillows but returned them because they were too soft. I like medium-firm pillows and I think I need something softer, but not as soft as I’ve been trying out. Will keep testing till I find one I like that is affordable.
I hate to say this, as the owner of the company is a Cheetoh buttmuncher, but I had the same problem with pillows not fitting my neck and head right. I would get one and it would either not work at all right away or would be decent enough to keep but then it just wouldn't seem to work after some time. The only pillow that works for me 100% is the MyPillow. I bought it before I knew the CEO's political leanings and oleandrin pushing. I think a similar result can be garnered by cutting up foam into small pieces and stuffing a case with it. Basically, a trip to JoAnn's Fabrics should do it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #14613
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Key Presidential Races Calculator

Scroll to bottom of page to veiw it, play with possible outcome senarios
https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

Thanks for posting this! I have a page I've been watching but I like the scenario outcome calculator on this one.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #14614
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I hate to say this, as the owner of the company is a Cheetoh buttmuncher, but I had the same problem with pillows not fitting my neck and head right. I would get one and it would either not work at all right away or would be decent enough to keep but then it just wouldn't seem to work after some time. The only pillow that works for me 100% is the MyPillow. I bought it before I knew the CEO's political leanings and oleandrin pushing. I think a similar result can be garnered by cutting up foam into small pieces and stuffing a case with it. Basically, a trip to JoAnn's Fabrics should do it.
Thank you for the info, Gemme, but nope. I'm gonna keep looking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #14615
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Yes, perhaps a wise decision after all about avoiding the bears Orema!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #14616
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

School mostly the countdown is up now and going 😥 on thursday 12 we're starting our tests sooooooo without eating someone's brain i'll be on zombie mode 😱😅
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #14617
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Unexpected challenges.

I knew I had to repair the drywall in the bathroom but didn't know there was an exhaust sewer pipe that needed to be glued. The job will take a few hours longer and be costlier.

i have a stain on the laminate flooring in another room where my lazy behind didn't protect it when I should have.

The floor in that room will need replacing but I don't wanna pull up the flooring and replace it in case another surprise is waiting for me. I'll just make full disclosure and give them a buyer credit. Maybe they'll do like me and cover it with an area rug.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #14618
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Life after Trump.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #14619
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Thank you for the info, Gemme, but nope. I'm gonna keep looking.
How about this? Just found it. I might get one myself!

Also, I can't get rid of the flavor of cilantro in my mouth. I need stronger mouthwash than Listerine. That's sayin' something.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #14620
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Pillows and Tylenol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
How about this? Just found it. I might get one myself!

Also, I can't get rid of the flavor of cilantro in my mouth. I need stronger mouthwash than Listerine. That's sayin' something.

Thank you!

Am trying another pillow now. My neck and shoulder are hurting this morning but I moved heavy furniture around a lot yesterday. Will keep testing this pillow till Monday when two more pillows are coming. If the ones coming on Monday don’t work I will move on to these. I like that I have 100 days to try it out and free US shipping. I can work with that.

Thanks for thinking of me, Gemme, and good luck with the cilantro. That would have perfect on my rice last night!

Tylenol Extra Strength is on my mind this morning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: