Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 PM   #41
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #42
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!
You might try some sesame oil, (just a little goes a long way,) and nori, along with your usual base. You also might experiment with juice and zest to make a fruity sauce. Flavored oil, flavored tahini or hummus, might be additional things to explore.

Last edited by Liam; 03-29-2016 at 11:31 PM. Reason: more ideas
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #43
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Thanks very much, Liam. All of those are foods/flavors I find super tasty! Great ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
You might try some sesame oil, (just a little goes a long way,) and nori, along with your usual base. You also might experiment with juice and zest to make a fruity sauce. Flavored oil, flavored tahini or hummus, might be additional things to explore.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #44
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
If you want to step away from the Asian flavors, this is my go-to topping for cooked or raw veggies/ dishes with grains, ...

• 1 cup Tahini paste
• 2 cloves garlic (or to taste)
• 1 handful fresh Cilantro
• 1tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• 1/2 c water (more or less to thin/thicken to desired consistency)

Blend well. Store in a jar in fridge for up to 10 days
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 09:28 AM   #45
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I've discovered fresh ginger. Just grate a little or julienne cuts. Then, for me to spice it up, cause I'm the Spicey girl, red pepper flakes!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #46
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I've discovered fresh ginger. Just grate a little or julienne cuts. Then, for me to spice it up, cause I'm the Spicey girl, red pepper flakes!
Ginger paste is good too!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #47
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipe help

Would someone please advise me on how to use my French Press coffee thingy. Specifically the ratio of coffee to water. Actually a detailed step by step how to would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #48
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Would someone please advise me on how to use my French Press coffee thingy. Specifically the ratio of coffee to water. Actually a detailed step by step how to would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Chad
Try www.buzzmug.com they have a toutorial.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #49
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Try www.buzzmug.com they have a toutorial.
Thank you Corkey, that was very helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #50
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Thank you in advance,
Chad
I like my French press coffee pretty strong, so I use 3 scoops of coffee to a nearly full container of boiling water. I give it at least 5 minutes before I press so the coffee has a good chance to brew. I have the black and glass press shown on the video, and it makes 2 large cups of coffee.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #51
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I like my French press coffee pretty strong, so I use 3 scoops of coffee to a nearly full container of boiling water. I give it at least 5 minutes before I press so the coffee has a good chance to brew. I have the black and glass press shown on the video, and it makes 2 large cups of coffee.
Thank you Ms. Tinkerbelly, after I saw the tutorial I realized that I need course ground coffee. I normally have fine ground coffee for my espresso maker so I need to do shop for coffee beans. I like very strong coffee. I look forward to learning the procedure.

Chad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #52
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Recipe

Would someone please give me simple instructions for the dough part of cobbler?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #53
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Would someone please give me simple instructions for the dough part of cobbler?
top crumble or pie crust ?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #54
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
top crumble or pie crust ?
Hi,
not a pie crust I stink at baking. Like a cobbler which is mostly on top.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #55
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi,
Sweet or savory filling?
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #56
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi,
I'm thinking brown sugar and oats are involved but don't take it as gospel!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #57
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Sweet or savory filling?
Hi, sweet peach cobbler.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:31 PM   #58
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I'm thinking brown sugar and oats are involved but don't take it as gospel!
Thank you, that sounds good for lots of things including ice cream.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #59
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

I like the looks of this recipe. It's a ginger peach pecan cobbler...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #60
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I like the looks of this recipe. It's a ginger peach pecan cobbler...
That looks yummy. Do you really think that I can do it? Okay, I will strap on my apron and give it my best. 😊