imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,726 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I think it really depends on the person and who you are. I'm sorta typical for my age in my bracket of friends, but not in the mainstream. None of us own houses or want to, a few of us have kids but the majority don't and don't want them. Most of us have lived in a different country for at least 2-3 years. Many of us have lived and work away for over five.

I get along Best with those who aren't into mortgage, house, car, etc. and that means most people my age in the wider and mainstream see me as immature. I like staying up late, I'm not into aquiring things, I prefer not to have a long range plan in terms of living. I prefer seeing what happens. So I tend to not really fit in with my age group out side of alternative circles and/or lower incomes.

Oddly, I find I attract people five to ten years my senior. But it's never a good match as they want me to move in to theirs house and follow their rules. I've never fully understood it. They see who I am, yet for some reason they want me to be the opposite when it comes to their needs.

I have tried. And maybe, for the right person, it might work. But I don't want to live in the prairies or in the states or up north.

So I find I am taking easier with people in their mid to late twenties. I find them to be a relief to be around. They don't feel quite so constricted by things just yet. Life hasn't quite kicked the shit out if them just yet and they aren't as concerned about security yet. I don't think I could have a relationship with someone in their 20's... Sex and friendship, sure. But if I did commit, it would have to be within a 10-12 year age range.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: