Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 02-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default In the Cards: Tarot, Tea-leaf Reading, and Throwing the Bones

A thread to talk about your favorite tarot decks, oracle cards, your favorite spreads, other forms of divination, horoscopes, and whatever else fits!

Disclaimer: This thread is not for folks to express their "I don't believe in that stuff" positions.

*curtsy*
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I've been reading since i was in high school, so more than 20 years. My deck used to be the Motherpeace then I lost it when I lost everything in an apartment fire. I wanted a new deck and it took me YEARS to find the right one. I looked in every shop I could think of and nothing spoke to me. Then I went into the local witchy shop and there was a woman reading with Kat Black's Golden Tarot. She let me look through her deck and I was in love. I bought it that day and have been working with it for two and a half years.

I also sometimes use the Hanson-Roberts deck.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

My BFF and I study together. We are going through the entire deck, a card a day in order. We text each other a pic of our card and our write up and I keep notes in a notebook on each card. This is our second round through the cards. We are also tweeting our studies.

I also pull a card a day and study it and see how its energy goes with my day.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 AM   #4
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

*bumping*

Anyone?

Beuller?

My Patreon

My Website
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Meeeeee!!!

I have about 30 different decks but find myself drawn to the LeGrande Circus Tarot a lot:

I have the original old-as-hell Rider Waite that my adoptive Grandy read with (I think it's from the early 70s) and a couple of other super vintage ones that I enjoy.

Some of my other faves:

I do tend to rotate them out every couple of months. I do tend to gravitate toward the more graphic styles with bold colors and themes but I also appreciate the more whimsical art.

WOOT!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
hagster

How Do You Identify?:
Nothing to see here, folks.
Relationship Status:
prison lesbian

hagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputation
Default Medicine Cards

I've not real familiar with tarot; all the spreads seem complicated. The artwork on various decks are beautiful and intriguing though.

I'm a fan of Medicine Cards. Again, spreads are beyond me so what I do is a meditation of mind clearing, asking a question about what I need to pay attention to in my life or ask for guidance around something then pull a card from the deck and look it up in the accompanying book. I've found it to be exceptionally grounding, thought provoking and a healthy form of self-reflection.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hagster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 AM   #7
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Those are some great decks, Medusa! I'm a little jealous of how many decks you own!!! I just own the two, though I find I like to develop a strong relationship with one deck. I feel my readings are more accurate. If there was one deck you would say is essential to have, what would it be? I'm in the market for a new deck.

hagster, medicine cards sound interesting. I dont know much about them. I like the practice of drawing a card a day though. I do that with tarot. I find it beneficial in the same ways you do. Spreads aren't that hard once you get used to them. If you wanted you could lay out three cards and represents your past , present, and future. Easy peasy!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 05:32 AM   #8
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I primarily use the Motherpeace tarot deck and have for over 20 years, it suits me.

For other divination it depends, sometimes I use the clouds, dreams, nature, stones, scrying mirror, the tool depends on what I am looking for or need or even what is available. Whatever tool that can help me tap into the collective consciousness or provides rich imagery for my symbol brain to use.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 AM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i love my pendulum. However it was wrong on the recent election, thats why I KNOW something went terribly wrong!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Those are some great decks, Medusa! I'm a little jealous of how many decks you own!!! I just own the two, though I find I like to develop a strong relationship with one deck. I feel my readings are more accurate. If there was one deck you would say is essential to have, what would it be? I'm in the market for a new deck.

hagster, medicine cards sound interesting. I dont know much about them. I like the practice of drawing a card a day though. I do that with tarot. I find it beneficial in the same ways you do. Spreads aren't that hard once you get used to them. If you wanted you could lay out three cards and represents your past , present, and future. Easy peasy!

What's your favorite style? And how are you with Oracle?
I found a couple of oracle decks that I am totally in love with but I know oracle is not everyone's cuppa.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
I primarily use the Motherpeace tarot deck and have for over 20 years, it suits me.

For other divination it depends, sometimes I use the clouds, dreams, nature, stones, scrying mirror, the tool depends on what I am looking for or need or even what is available. Whatever tool that can help me tap into the collective consciousness or provides rich imagery for my symbol brain to use.
I've seen that Motherpeace deck and LOVE it! I don't currently own one but it's definitely on my list of decks to track down "one day".
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i love my pendulum. However it was wrong on the recent election, thats why I KNOW something went terribly wrong!
Oooh! Tells us about it!

Is it a stone?

Someone gifted a couple of pendulums to me and both are stone: one rose quartz and one jadeite.
I have had a silver goddess figure forever that I have used as a pendulum because she had pointy feet and seemed to be perfectly suited.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #13
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

This deck is next on my list - It's dust2onyx: a melanated deck. It was originally a kickstarter campaign and Arwen turned me on to it. The entire deck is of black women goddess archetypes and was created by an amazing woman of color. It's one of the most beautiful decks I've ever seen!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ted-tarot-deck

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #14
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
What's your favorite style? And how are you with Oracle?
I found a couple of oracle decks that I am totally in love with but I know oracle is not everyone's cuppa.
I love different styles. Mystical, whimsical, traditional, modern, artsy. I've never used oracle cards before so I couldn't really say. I've never been super drawn to them.

Quote:
I've seen that Motherpeace deck and LOVE it! I don't currently own one but it's definitely on my list of decks to track down "one day".
I used that deck for about ten years and loved it. My mom gifted it to me and she got that one right on. I lost it in my fire and then decided to go in a different direction.

Quote:
Oooh! Tells us about it!

Is it a stone?

Someone gifted a couple of pendulums to me and both are stone: one rose quartz and one jadeite.
I have had a silver goddess figure forever that I have used as a pendulum because she had pointy feet and seemed to be perfectly suited.
I'd love to hear more about it too!!!

Quote:
This deck is next on my list - It's dust2onyx: a melanated deck. It was originally a kickstarter campaign and Arwen turned me on to it. The entire deck is of black women goddess archetypes and was created by an amazing woman of color. It's one of the most beautiful decks I've ever seen!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ted-tarot-deck

That is amazing!!!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #15
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

A little fairy dropped a bunch of witchy stuff on my doorstep today. The box included candles, incense, socks. The gorgeous Chrysalis tarot deck, a set of magic spell cards, and a set of oracle cards. I've been playing around all night!!!!

I also got my copy of Scott Cunningham's book in the mail. It was a good Wiccan day indeed!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #16
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

NICE!! I have several Scott Cunningham books and really enjoy them.

I've been fighting the urge to run wild on my Amazon wish list because I have a TON of books on it but I'm trying to scale down and keep my book habit in check. I made a deal with myself that I won't buy another book until I get through the 10 I have stacked up in my "to be read" pile.

BUT...I did totally wimp out on my deal with myself and picked up a copy of "Witches of America" by Alex Mar the other day. It's a memoir but really centers around the authors study of modern witchcraft for journalistic purposes while also delving into practice herself. It gets really good reviews.

If you are interested, Candycoated, I will totally pass it on to you when I'm done with it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Does anyone here make their own stick incense? I have a bunch of neutral sticks made for making your own but I got some handmade incense from a friend and they smoked so badly I couldn't use them.
Wondering if there is a trick? I've read mixed messages on the net so hoping for some real-time experience.

I can made gorgeous cone incense all day long that burn clean and smell amazing but the sticks kinda suck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have a set of MotherPeace cards. When my daughter became an adult, I gave her a set as well. It was a rite of passage for us.

My daughter now is a very talented, skilled medium and does readings every week at our local alternative spirituality shop. She also ghost hunts and has done several house/land "clearings". In fact, she went in after it was "cleared" by a famous tv show paranormal celebrity who featured it on her tv show. I guess she didnt get it all out and so they needed someone else...so my kid and two others went in and did another clearing. This time, it worked completely.

I am an intuitive reader. I pick up on things beyond the cards as I read.

I have had several decks but motherpeace is my only deck I really use. I dont read men. Its just too hard for me. For them, I simply read THEM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 AM   #19
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oooh! Tells us about it!

Is it a stone?

my pendulum...its from New Orleans of course, i like them solid and heavy.....

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #20
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone ever used regular playing cards to read, or had their fortunes read with playing cards? I just got curious after a friend told me she went to a lady that used both tarot and regular playing cards. I need to google this!