Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is allowed as a political ad?!?!

Really??

I mean, I do understand the impetus of fear and security mindedness. But.. really??

Wow.

Just wow.

Why isn't there more outcry about this? Why isn't the nation more shocked at this kind of behaviour?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah...Wow....just wow
Old 05-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

I gather he never heard of Timothy McVeigh ?
What an idiot... and anyone that would vote for him..
imho , of course...
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

just waiting to see if the obvious becomes discussed on this thread ...
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

The truly sad/scary thing is that ads like this attract voters. There are plenty of ignorant and racist folks out there and in some parts of this country politicians can actually win by pandering to them. This ad is even worse than the one for some other southern governor who promises to change the DMV test to english-only, because in his state "we speak english".
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Really??

I mean, I do understand the impetus of fear and security mindedness. But.. really??

Wow.

Just wow.

Why isn't there more outcry about this? Why isn't the nation more shocked at this kind of behaviour?

I am disgusted, but not surprised....

With all that is going on, the people of Middle Eastern descent are going to be just as targeted as latinos because of a few ass hats...

So what does the white man do, they fucking make a commercial of it, puff their chests thump them and take care of the *others*...

It's gross
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Watching that made me want to throw up.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

How racist can they be. A towel? A damn towel on dude's head?

I am so deeply saddened that people who think like this man even exist....that he is running for office is hideously frightening.

I see its on Fox TV.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Cause you know, white men have never ever done anything bad.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My jaw is still dropped!

This is just absurdity on a grand scale! What state is this? (Maybe I missed it...)

EDITED: Florida, District 8

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Well, as Jon Stewart pointed out the guy who flew his plane into the IRS was balding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
just waiting to see if the obvious becomes discussed on this thread ...
Uh... what obvious?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

This racist slime is the tea bagger challenging my hero Alan Grayson.

Here's a link to a Faux Newz story about him and his slime ads (there are 3!!!).

slimebucket
Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #13
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Uh... what obvious?
I wasn't going to bother asking, as drive-bys bug me. Let's assume Godwin's Law and just go ahead and invoke Nazis so that we can move on :-)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Cause you know, white men have never ever done anything bad.

Really Super Nice White Guys and Gals!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cO9E5SOWym...302a2cdabd.jpg

She put the TERROR in Arizona

Yeah, it's all the *others* that do it never the white man.. Never..

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Equally disturbing is that he found actors so desperate for money that they would do an ad for a candidate who wants to racially profile them should he win.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

So I watched it again, what obvious?

I hate it when people do that, it trips my ocd so I hate to watch the damn thing over and over trying to see what I might have missed.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

ps. yes, I know I am a freak. laugh.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #17
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Uh... what obvious?
what is obvious is the pandering to fear via racialization and racist, ignorant posturing and the promise of TERRORIST acts for those who fit the physical (racial) features of their rants.

FYI, I did not comment right away ... I have learned that one can be severely attacked for mentioning the "R" word. As a relative newbie, I believe that it is wiser for me to "listen" to comments before weighing in with my own. Not so much as to be safer, as if comments of this nature can ever be considered "safe", but to flesh out the thinking of those already established here and to find a way to enter the discussion.

Hopefully, this clarifies what I mean by obvious. If not, you (the general "you") can be pissy ... I don't mind, really. Or, you can post something specific that you object to in my natterings.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #18
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
what is obvious is the pandering to fear via racialization and racist, ignorant posturing and the promise of TERRORIST acts for those who fit the physical (racial) features of their rants.
I thought you meant something else, as the entire point of the ad is to pander to fear via racism.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Here's an ad that is running in Arkansas right now against Bill Halter:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdqUPIq9Nk"]YouTube- Racist Anti-Halter Ad[/nomedia]

There have been several uproars about the racism in the ad from multiple groups here and the paper has written several articles about it.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #20
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:

FYI, I did not comment right away ... I have learned that one can be severely attacked for mentioning the "R" word. As a relative newbie, I believe that it is wiser for me to "listen" to comments before weighing in with my own. Not so much as to be safer, as if comments of this nature can ever be considered "safe", but to flesh out the thinking of those already established here and to find a way to enter the discussion.

Hopefully, this clarifies what I mean by obvious. If not, you (the general "you") can be pissy ... I don't mind, really. Or, you can post something specific that you object to in my natterings.

It's OK, It was very racist. A TOWEL?

I know we can be a tough group!