Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Sexual Images of Children in the Media: Promoting Pedophilia?

So I was cruising the internet for creepy pictures to post in people's profiles and came across this image:

Needless to say, Im a little....A LOT....creeped out by this.

I started thinking about ALL of the images and ways that children are sexualized in the media, in pop music, and through toys and wanted a place to talk about it so we could all recognize it a little better.

My baby sis was 9 when she asked for her first Bratz doll. I was not amused by them. Any others?

I wonder why our society rages against pedophilia but so easily embraces the sexualization of children?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Is it just me or does that appear to be a more "grown up" hand in the photo?? I find this very creepy personally. I can't even tell what this ad is for.

T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

This type of media campaign totally creeps me out.

Why do they feed pedophiles these kind of images?

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Totally big time fucked up. The fact that they used a child and the word sexy should be illegal. Someone should file a law suit. If someone hasnt already lets do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

all i can say to that is .... wow O_O

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I was flipping through the channels the other night, and saw a part of Toddlers & Tiaras (the reality show about baby pagents ~ think JonBenet Ramsey). It's hard to believe that they have swimsuit events, dress these LITTLE girls up like 20 year old models, and teach them to be flirty with the winking, blowing kisses & shaking their butts. I can't even imagine the self esteem & body image issues these kids are gonna deal with later on down the line. Not to mention, giving pedophiles a "legal" way to have access to these children.

A little while back, there was a lot of debate about a group of 7 year old girls at a dance competition, dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and even got attention from the ladies on the View.

PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I was flipping through the channels the other night, and saw a part of Toddlers & Tiaras (the reality show about baby pagents ~ think JonBenet Ramsey). It's hard to believe that they have swimsuit events, dress these LITTLE girls up like 20 year old models, and teach them to be flirty with the winking, blowing kisses & shaking their butts. I can't even imagine the self esteem & body image issues these kids are gonna deal with later on down the line. Not to mention, giving pedophiles a "legal" way to have access to these children.

A little while back, there was a lot of debate about a group of 7 year old girls at a dance competition, dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and even got attention from the ladies on the View.

GIRL, we had MEGA debates about this at my job!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

O.M.G.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh...this is so disturbing on so many levels.

That Baby Soft ad really does appear to be photoshopped to have a child's face and an adult hand...a pole dancing doll...a sexualized image of a child so young as to be wearing a pull-up...just so wrong. And that video...just gives me chills.

I believe that, as a society, we really need to allow children to be innocent and children as long as possible...and we need to protect that. The most disturbing thing to me is the parents who find this entertaining or amusing or (worst of all) something to be proud of.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

And this?? This "you must compete with your young dauther because purity and virginal skin is WAY more desireable than an adult woman" thing?

Oh. HELL. No.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gross

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #13
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Angry http://www.feministing.com/archives/013072.html

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Angry

Here is the sad thing..

These ads are all over magazines, and parents don't blink twice which is disturbing cause yanno your 11 year old has to have that pair of Diesel Jeans

Really??

Gross

Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

You KNOW this has got to come from one of those "you cant start em' too early" camps...

Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #16
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Angry Not Walt's Idea of Disney...

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Post 15 Year Old Brooke Shields

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #18
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Why in the world, would a BABY need high heels?! I just don't get it!!

PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #19
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Why in the world, would a BABY need high heels?! I just don't get it!!
So that a few years later her parents can do this to her....

...and it will already feel "normal"
Ugh.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Angry More Disney Princess Types