Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Why would a boy get a 'chef's set' to play with, but a girl just gets a stove and pots and pans?

I'm not picking on you, but this shit pisses me off. When boys DO get a cooking toy...he's a 'chef'...but when a girl gets a cooking set, she's 'just a housewife'?

Again, It Just Pisses Me Off,
Dylan...so off topic, I'm sure, and no...I haven't caught up. I'm committing my own pet peeve as we speak
Oh. I guess you missed my sarcasm. I thought it was glaring.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #42
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Oh. I guess you missed my sarcasm. I thought it was glaring.
I picked up a little of it.

But even in the sarcasm, it would have to ring true...you know what I'm saying? Because it would *have* to be called a 'chef's set'. I mean, being that we have little kitchen sets already...which are naturally for girls.

And a sewing machine would have to be called a 'tailor's set'.

Gah....I'm so off topic, and I apologize for the derail.

Personally, I want to see some boys playing with my little ponies and doing their fucking hair, and gluing star stickers to their ponies' asses.

Again, I apologize for the derail...children's toys (and children's toy commercials) PISS me OFF.

Especially When The Parents Turn Around A Say Something Really Stupid Like, "MY Kid Doesn't Buy Into That Gendered Stuff (as the kid sits there and plays with their pink or blue toy),
Dylan

Yeah, and where ARE little boys dressed in bathing suits and evening wear competitions with faces full of make up?
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #43
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
As a survior of childhood sexual abuse from a serial pedophile I have to say that from what I know media images do not create pedophiles. They certainly may incite them but they do not entice grown men to abuse children. The psychological make up of pedophiles is complicated. To me that kind of smacks of blaming the media.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with a breastfeeding doll for a child. Breastfeeding is not sexual. Breasts are not the exclusive domain of sexual objectification. A boy could play with that doll just as much as a girl especially if Mom is breastfeeding. Children often want to emulate Mom and if she is nursing a young child there is not a darn thing wrong with a child playing in that way. Being a Mom and a wife is not the only thing girls can do but it is not a bad thing either.

Sorry if I am crabby. I am with Words. This thread is triggering me big time. I don't want to crab puff about it so I'll just try to keep myself away.

I agree with you in the fact that it doesn't create pedifiles..But...I do believe it fuels them .

I as well was assaulted as a child and I believe the more things out there to fule these personalities...The more it is brought to front and acted upon.

In my opinion only.

I also realize that bringing it to front to fight it...may have a duel result at first...But in the end if things work out right...It may slow the result of abuse even a lil.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #44
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

But even in the sarcasm, it would have to ring true...you know what I'm saying? Because it would *have* to be called a 'chef's set'. I mean, being that we have little kitchen sets already...which are naturally for girls.

My sarcasm WAS in the title of Chefs Set and how ridiculous that is.

Yikes. That is equally upsetting. What should I have called my son's cleaning set? A Janitorial Set?

Personally, I want to see some boys playing with my little ponies and doing their fucking hair, and gluing star stickers to their ponies' asses.

Again, I apologize for the derail...children's toys (and children's toy commercials) PISS me OFF.

Especially When The Parents Turn Around A Say Something Really Stupid Like, "MY Kid Doesn't Buy Into That Gendered Stuff (as the kid sits there and plays with their pink or blue toy),
Dylan

Yeah, and where ARE little boys dressed in bathing suits and evening wear competitions with faces full of make up?
Dylan I don't think it IS too far off topic. The sexism and misogyny that perpetuates this crap is really the underbelly of the beast.

We're all spoon-fed this stuff from day one, unless we are super duper lucky to have been born to evolved peoples.

What do you think about the little girls that are six or seven dressed up like twenty year olds?

What do you think would make a mother put her kid in that position?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #45
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Quote:

Dylan

I have to agree with all points made
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #46
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

These parents to me scream of...

I want to make a buck off my kid and be the popular mom cuz my kid is better than yours kinda parent...

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #47
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
As a survior of childhood sexual abuse from a serial pedophile I have to say that from what I know media images do not create pedophiles. They certainly may incite them but they do not entice grown men to abuse children. The psychological make up of pedophiles is complicated. To me that kind of smacks of blaming the media.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with a breastfeeding doll for a child. Breastfeeding is not sexual. Breasts are not the exclusive domain of sexual objectification. A boy could play with that doll just as much as a girl especially if Mom is breastfeeding. Children often want to emulate Mom and if she is nursing a young child there is not a darn thing wrong with a child playing in that way. Being a Mom and a wife is not the only thing girls can do but it is not a bad thing either.

Sorry if I am crabby. I am with Words. This thread is triggering me big time. I don't want to crab puff about it so I'll just try to keep myself away.
I am also a survivor of abuse, and while I agree that these images do not make pedophiles, this does not detract from the fact that sexualizing a child is beyond wrong. It is just disgusting.

I also find the breastfeeding doll very off. And, forgive me, but I don't understand the logic in the post. I agree that breasts are functional and not necessarily sexual, and yes, children want to emulate their parents...but that does not mean we LET them. It is OUR job as parents to set boundaries for our children...and this includes determining what is appropriate and/or inappropriate for a child. That is the point....there are adult behaviors, mannerisms, clothing, etc...that are not APPROPRIATE for a child! For example...my son would LOVE, I am sure, to try to drive the car. However, he is 10 with neither the judgement, size, or skill to drive...therefore, NO driving. Sorry if it seems like I am oversimplifying...but really, shouldn't it be that simple?

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #48
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

I don't understand why breast feeding is seen as 'inappropriate'.

I mean, I agree with Juliesafemme. It's not a sexual thing...yet it is constantly sexualized...even to the point of being considered 'illegal' in some places.

So, why is it ok to have a doll that one gives a bottle to, yet breast feeding is seen as 'wrong'?

I don't get it.

Being Serious,
Dylan
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I mean, I agree with Juliesafemme. It's not a sexual thing...yet it is constantly sexualized...even to the point of being considered 'illegal' in some places.

So, why is it ok to have a doll that one gives a bottle to, yet breast feeding is seen as 'wrong'?

I don't get it.

Being Serious,
Dylan
I think this has to do with the sexualization of women, period. If my only, or primary, value is sexual than anything I'm doing with my breasts must be sexual too.

I breastfed my son until he was 17 months old...and I couldn't even begin to tell you how much crap I put up with about it. I was always modest about it...that's just who I am...and my son was one of those babies who was fine to have a blanket or scarf covering completely while he nursed. I was told on more than one occasion that I should go nurse him in the bathroom...instead of the relatively private quiet spots I would find at the mall, in a restaurant or wherever I was. My reaction was always the same...."really? do you eat your lunch in the bathroom? I don't."

Women's bodies aren't always sexual...but in this culture that's still their primary value. Barf.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #50
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I am also a survivor of abuse, and while I agree that these images do not make pedophiles, this does not detract from the fact that sexualizing a child is beyond wrong. It is just disgusting.

I also find the breastfeeding doll very off. And, forgive me, but I don't understand the logic in the post. I agree that breasts are functional and not necessarily sexual, and yes, children want to emulate their parents...but that does not mean we LET them. It is OUR job as parents to set boundaries for our children...and this includes determining what is appropriate and/or inappropriate for a child. That is the point....there are adult behaviors, mannerisms, clothing, etc...that are not APPROPRIATE for a child! For example...my son would LOVE, I am sure, to try to drive the car. However, he is 10 with neither the judgement, size, or skill to drive...therefore, NO driving. Sorry if it seems like I am oversimplifying...but really, shouldn't it be that simple?

Sure driving a car and feeding an infant are adult behaviours, and that is why toy companies have developed products that let the child imaginatively participate in them.

A child can drive a pretend car and that is fine--the child wants to emulate the act of driving, so the parents buy a toy car/big wheels (whatever) for the child to scoot around in.

I'm with Dylan and Julie--why is a toy bottle a more appropriate device for the imaginary feeding of a baby?

I don't see this type of doll as contributing to the sexualization of children.

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #51
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

i don't think breast feeding is sexual AT all.
In fact, I think we got around to that by route of ways girl children are taught to be good girls and housewives.
All the toys emulating that geared towards little girls IS sexist and misogynistic when coupled with the fact that not a lot of toys are geared towards girls being masculine and boys being feminine. I use feminine and masculine only in the strictest binary sense as perpetuated by MSM.
(so please don't give me a lesson on what is and isn't feminine or masculine, because trust me...i know).

I have watched my daughter be asked to leave a restaurant due to the fact she was breastfeeding in a corner booth, covered up. Needless to say, Mom was there and we not only stayed, we ate for free. Grrr.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #52
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:

I don't get it.

Being Serious,
Dylan

I actually have much less of a problem with the breast-feeding part than the "shove a young girl into a role as a Mother" part. I wouldnt mind it so much if there were dolls and such to encourage young boys to fantasize about what a good Father they would be.

But I do get that breastfeeding is sexualized. I will admit to being a little squicked by the flower petals on the vest that would cover the part where the breasts should be
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #53
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I actually have much less of a problem with the breast-feeding part than the "shove a young girl into a role as a Mother" part. I wouldnt mind it so much if there were dolls and such to encourage young boys to fantasize about what a good Father they would be.

But I do get that breastfeeding is sexualized. I will admit to being a little squicked by the flower petals on the vest that would cover the part where the breasts should be
Yeah, I agree..shoving girls into mothering, cleaning, cooking, secretarial, shopaholic, hair dresser, hooker, stripper, sexualized, etc roles grosses me out and pisses me off sooooooooo bad.

And I have to admit that I had a bit of a problem when you mentioned the breast feeding vest (and I'm trying to figure out why, because I know know know it's not a sexual thing...I'm still trying to figure out *why* my initial reaction is what it is...I mean, I don't know if I would buy my kid a breast feeding vest, and I don't know why or why not...maybe because it IS so sexualized. I just don't know...still trying to figure out what triggered the initial 'ew' reaction when I know logically it's not a sexual thing)

And yanno, even if you're the coolest, most enlightened parent in the world...your kids are still going to gravitate towards gendered toys, because their peers are playing with gendered toys, and no kid wants to be left out

Dylan
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #54
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default I promise this is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I'm sorry, I just had a flashback to my childhood...

Marlo Thomas is there...

And that guy from MASH...

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #55
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I wouldn't buy the toy because it is yet another useless thing that the kid will break, bury under 100 other toys or ignore 10 minutes after you buy it. Kids don't need that stuff. Their imaginations are plenty! My daughter used to just put the dolly to her chest and say her baby was having "nursies".

I don't know why breastfeeding is gross to people. I know for sure it is but I don't know why. Is it because our culture so sanitized or is it just sexism and misogyny? Also I am curious if anyone thinks breastfeeding sexualizes the child who is nursing? I don't but I have heard people say that about boy children older than a year nursing.
I think what squicks *me* is not the fact that there is a breast feeding doll.
I think it is the fact that little girls don't have breasts yet, and everywhere they look there are breast-centric messages being thrown their way.
I just want them to relish the years they have being KIDS, and it feels like they are pushed to be older almost right out of the womb.

The really weird thing about people grossing out over breast feeding IS the fact that breasts are basically the passport to the universe according the the MSM. It is the norm for women to get implants and big boobies are everywhere. Strange to be so puritanical about the thing that actually de-sexualizes breasts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #56
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I was flipping through the channels the other night, and saw a part of Toddlers & Tiaras (the reality show about baby pagents ~ think JonBenet Ramsey). It's hard to believe that they have swimsuit events, dress these LITTLE girls up like 20 year old models, and teach them to be flirty with the winking, blowing kisses & shaking their butts. I can't even imagine the self esteem & body image issues these kids are gonna deal with later on down the line. Not to mention, giving pedophiles a "legal" way to have access to these children.

A little while back, there was a lot of debate about a group of 7 year old girls at a dance competition, dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and even got attention from the ladies on the View.

I have accidentally found this show too. I disturbed me to say the least. I couldn't believe that the girl's parent actually support and encourage their daughters to compete in these competitions.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #57
tuffboi29

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..in the queer deffinition of the queer meaning of the queer word...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. SuperTuff
Relationship Status:
Things happen...

tuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputation

Now, whereas I dont agree, that, this type of media makes a pedephile, I DO strongly agree that the objectification of our daughters and our sons has got to stop.

As a mother of a seven-year old girl, and raising two boys (my ex-wife's children) I am alarmed at the clothing I see being sold in the stores.
My first example: Wal-mart. Have you noticed the clothes they have for little girls, and for that matter some of the boys clothes, too?
My second example: K-mart. My, but, they are just as bad.

Now, raising 3 children, without support from the other "parents", I am left with not as much money as I would like. Even worse are times when I would love to be able to get clothing at a decent price. I will be damned, however, before I will go to some of these estblishments to purchace them. Some of these stores seem hell-bent that I buy a pair of shorts that barely cover MY children decently. Since when do my sons need jeans that show...ahem...ANYTHING? As far as that goes, why does my 7 year old daughter need a top with a plunging neck-line?

These are just my opinions. I'm glad someone had the brains to point this out to others who seem to think this way of dressing CHILDREN is "ok".
As a loving, concerned parent, I don't find one thing "ok" with it.
"Today we would pass through the scenes of our youth like travelers. We are burnt up by hard facts; like tradesmen we understand distinctions, and like butchers, necessities. We are no longer untroubled - we are indifferent. We might exist there; but, should we really live there?"

~Erich Maria Remarque "All Quiet on the Western Front"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4605968_n.jpg
tuffboi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuffboi29 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #58
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation Graphic Content

I and this is Snow coming from Snow space..

I think that these disturbing images do feed the sick fuckhead pedophiles out there. I mean come on, look at the adds parading our children like meat for anyone to look at, release themselves to etc.

If you really can't see that I have to say I am shocked anyone does not.. I am blessed that my soon to be 10 year old still has some innocence left, and that his little mind is still about playing in the park, bowling and not other disturbing things.

We allow the media to pimp out our kids and stay silent. Pisses me off. Our kids don't have a network such as Animal Planet.

I think we should.. I really do, our kids are not advocated ENOUGH.

That is all I have to say about that for now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #59
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Sexualized children and pedophilia are so NOT two separate and distinct issues.

Not if you are Jon Benet Ramsey. Not if you are the mother letting your child dress like what she see's in the MMS and sending her out to the playground never to be seen again.

Not if you are the registered sex offender who cannot download kiddie porn but have access to Toddlers in Tiara's and a bottle of lotion.

Funny you mention buying stuff at Lands End, while the people who cannot afford that are stuck shopping at K-mart and Wal-Mart with a vast array of inappropriate clothing but limited stuff any of want to dress our girls in. I wonder if that ties into the fact that a lot of girls disappear from homes of underprivileged parents? If that somehow makes them more susceptible?

Because while sexualizing children doesn't CAUSE pedophilia, it is certainly not a deterrent is it?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #60
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

Quote:
Lady Snow, I do see that. Pedophiles would exist without the media images though. It is to me more harmful that our children are paraded around and that our culture accepts that. There are many people who would say that queers, just by their very existence, promote pedophilia. The sexual images of children in the media are not viewed as child pornography and I think this desensitizes people to the sexual content in them. By that I mean they don't maybe view it as sinister. The bar gets raised incrementally higher for what people will tolerate.

Um what does queer have to do with the hyper sexualization of our children?

I will be honest none of the queer parents I know, dress their kids provocatively, and I am not saying there aren't queers that do. You don't think that some young kid who has these thoughts about kids isn't going to use these add as a stepping stone to worse images?

really?

I know they are born this way but when they have nothing to get a hold of, magazines, catalogs and a walk in the park become their erotic images. I know for me, nothing could make me accept any of the add put up in this
thread.

It's disgusting and gross that our children are pimped out for the sake of Brand Name clothing...

If I was filthy rich I wouldn't do that to my kids I made sure when with me my kids were kids, not tiny Guess ads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post: