Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default What would Dexter do???

Hey fellow Dexter lovers!! Even though the season is almost over I thought this would be a good time to start a thread to discuss Dexter's deeds. So if you are not caught up on Dexter you may not want read any further--spoiler alert! In my opinion this has been a great season, way better than last year. I wasn't really a big Jimmy Smits fan. I think John Lithgow is doing an especially creepy job as the Trinity Killer. There have really been some surprising twists to this season, especially the bit with his daughter.
Aiso of interest, if you haven't checked it out you can watch the new animated feature they have on the Showtime website. It's called Dexter Early Cuts and each webisode is by a different artist. They are pretty cool. Click here for the link.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Hey fellow Dexter lovers!! Even though the season is almost over I thought this would be a good time to start a thread to discuss Dexter's deeds. So if you are not caught up on Dexter you may not want read any further--spoiler alert! In my opinion this has been a great season, way better than last year. I wasn't really a big Jimmy Smits fan. I think John Lithgow is doing an especially creepy job as the Trinity Killer. There have really been some surprising twists to this season, especially the bit with his daughter.
Aiso of interest, if you haven't checked it out you can watch the new animated feature they have on the Showtime website. It's called Dexter Early Cuts and each webisode is by a different artist. They are pretty cool. Click here for the link.
Love this season, and the twists and turns have been outstanding. Dexter killing the innocent man has put a whole new spin on it for next season. The similarities, family man, son, and Arhtur's ashes and Dexter's Dad, are clever add-ons.

Hearing Trinity say "Dexter Morgan" was realllllly creepy at the end of the last show.

If I was Dexter, I would have to get rid of Arthur soon, and any other's that got in my way.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I love Dexter. This season is so much better than the last. I'm not a Jimmy Smits fan either. Even when he's a good guy I want somebody to bump him off.

John Lithgow is superbly creepy. The way he went off on his son's finger was totally psychotic. Can't wait for the next episode. I also loved how he said Dexter Morgan..Totally creepy.

Question...I wonder if Dexter would welcome an affair between his wife and the neighbor so that she'd be too preoccupied to interfere with his whereabouts?

Duchess
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i LOVE this season...

i feel terrible but i find dexter's wife annnnoying. at the most pivotal points in the show his cell will ring, 'are you on your way? i need pampers/baby's got a fever/take my kids sailing' --and simultaneously i feel like she's just being a loyal 'wife and mother' (internalized misANDry!! -hiding face-) and she's so oblivious, concerned with appearances--at least twice an episode i turn to EZ and say: this woman is on crack.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I missed the last episode cause I had a fight with my tv carrier and turned off my tv service...... but, I love Dexter!!! Although he shoulda gotten rid of Arthur long before now.

His wife drives me crazy too. If I were Dexter she'd be gone already LOL. Can't stand that whiney needy voice and attitude. Plus she acts like he has to do this and that and the other thing in order to be a good father/husband... wtf. I'm thinkin Dexter wouldn't mind her having an affair with the neighbor LOL

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

I've really enjoyed this season. John Lithgow has been great-- super creepy! The twists and turns have been good, especially about trinity's daughter the reporter.

I'm also ambivalent at times about Rita. Most of the time I just find her annoying, but I feel bad for her too. I wonder if Dexter will use hearing about the kiss between Rita and the neighbor (who I also find extremely creepy) as an excuse to get some space from her, or even set up separate living arrangements.

I also like the evolution of Lt. LaGuerta's (sp?) character. It's nice to see a more warm, human side to her, rather than just the "I'm a strong woman so I must be a beeyatch too" character that she started out as.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
I've really enjoyed this season. John Lithgow has been great-- super creepy! The twists and turns have been good, especially about trinity's daughter the reporter.

I'm also ambivalent at times about Rita. Most of the time I just find her annoying, but I feel bad for her too. I wonder if Dexter will use hearing about the kiss between Rita and the neighbor (who I also find extremely creepy) as an excuse to get some space from her, or even set up separate living arrangements.

I also like the evolution of Lt. LaGuerta's (sp?) character. It's nice to see a more warm, human side to her, rather than just the "I'm a strong woman so I must be a beeyatch too" character that she started out as.
Will Trinity kill the mother of Dexter's children???? Revisit to his past???Ewwwww
Old 12-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dexterites

Yes!! The preview for the upcoming shows was crazeeeeeeeeeee! I can't believe Trinity shows up at the police station. Obviously he is there because of his daughter, crazy Christine the reporter, but that's off the hook.

I've also been wondering how long it would take for Trinity to follow Dexter home and threaten his wife/kids. I don't think Rita will be killed but I do think Dexter and Rita are going to break up by the end of the season. Seriously, how many more seasons can the writers keep having Rita be concerned and questioning where Dexter is all the time? The only reason I doubt they will kill her off is because of the kids. Dexter can't be a full time dad.......but I do think Rita's character is kinda played out.

Debra's getting smarter as a dectective. I would venture to guess if and when there is a last season of Dexter she will probably put it all together and figure out exactly who Dexter really is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Will Trinity kill the mother of Dexter's children???? Revisit to his past???Ewwwww
You know, I gave this some thought while at the gym this afternoon and I do believe they just might kill off Rita with Trinity. If you remember in the last episode Rita said that Paul's parents (her ex-husband who Dexter killed in season 2 I believe) wanted to take the kids to Disney World. I'm thinking this--she will conveniently be all alone with the kids gone and Dex at "work" when Trinity comes to the house. This will bring up HUGE ISSUES of guilt for Dex to deal with next season. Or maybe the writers just mentioned Paul's parents so that the viewers will know they are "good people" so when/if Rita is killed the kids go live with them. Dexter is not going to be a single dad. There's no way. Thoughts?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i LOVE this season...

i feel terrible but i find dexter's wife annnnoying. at the most pivotal points in the show his cell will ring, 'are you on your way? i need pampers/baby's got a fever/take my kids sailing' --and simultaneously i feel like she's just being a loyal 'wife and mother' (internalized misANDry!! -hiding face-) and she's so oblivious, concerned with appearances--at least twice an episode i turn to EZ and say: this woman is on crack.
Big hugs to you. That bitch makes me want to cut my own wrists...

Duchess
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

I love the pervy antics of Masuka..

Duchess
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
I love the pervy antics of Masuka..

Duchess
I do too, but I also liked the fact that he got upset when he saw the neighbor kissing Rita.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #13
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Default Last night

Spoiler alert below!!!

I was sort of disappointed with Dexter last night mainly because the previous week's episode had been so intense. I did expect Trinity's daughter to die but thought Trinity would kill her so that was a bit of a surprise. I was put off by a couple of unlikely things happening--like the writers were just trying to tie everything together for next week's season finale. Dexter quickily finding someone else to pin the murders on for one was annoying to me. I didn't find it believeable that Deb would see Christine alone, Deb is a better cop than that.
I expect Trinity to die next week but anyone other main characters? Probably no.......it doesn't look like anything shocking will happen if you go off of the little preview they showed at the end of the episode.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #14
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Spoiler alert below!!!

I was sort of disappointed with Dexter last night mainly because the previous week's episode had been so intense. I did expect Trinity's daughter to die but thought Trinity would kill her so that was a bit of a surprise. I was put off by a couple of unlikely things happening--like the writers were just trying to tie everything together for next week's season finale. Dexter quickily finding someone else to pin the murders on for one was annoying to me. I didn't find it believeable that Deb would see Christine alone, Deb is a better cop than that.
I expect Trinity to die next week but anyone other main characters? Probably no.......it doesn't look like anything shocking will happen if you go off of the little preview they showed at the end of the episode.
I have been a fan of Dexter since I read the first book, way before the series started. But I have to admit that the series is even better than the books! (and that is something I don't say very often...usually movies or series based on books kinda disappoint me) Thank you Ezee for starting the thread.

Do you think Trinity will die next week? Is it possible he might disappear, only to reappear in a later season? It wouldn't be that far-fetched given that he has avoided capture for 30 years. And, by the way, I think John Lithgow is absolutely brilliant in the role. I wouldn't mind seeing him reprise it in a later season.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I have been a fan of Dexter since I read the first book, way before the series started. But I have to admit that the series is even better than the books! (and that is something I don't say very often...usually movies or series based on books kinda disappoint me) Thank you Ezee for starting the thread.

Do you think Trinity will die next week? Is it possible he might disappear, only to reappear in a later season? It wouldn't be that far-fetched given that he has avoided capture for 30 years. And, by the way, I think John Lithgow is absolutely brilliant in the role. I wouldn't mind seeing him reprise it in a later season.

Lithgow is brilliant. I believe he will disappear..."after dying".
Old 12-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I think it is quite possible that Trinity will escape Dexter and not be killed to leave it open for further appearences. Since Trinity has the edge of knowing (somewhat) just what Dex is capable of. Looking forward to Sunday!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

I think Trinity will kidnap Dexter's son (not the baby) since he's about the right age and will get Dexter back for messing up the start of his cycle by saving the other boy.

That may however cause a schism in his relationship too.

Such a kick ass show, I don't want the season to end! no dexter and no true blood for ages and ages... sigh.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Dexter

I love this show!
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Season finale tonight. Any predictions?

Mine: Rita is killed by Trinity. Trinity gets away. Kids go live with their grandparents.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Season finale tonight. Any predictions?

Mine: Rita is killed by Trinity. Trinity gets away. Kids go live with their grandparents.
Rita may get killed (or at least taken) but I stick with the son being killed - he fits the profile of the start of the cycle. Rita could be the women in the bathtub, or the women made to fall off the roof of the building.

Also, Deb is going to find out who Dexter's mom is... then that his bro is ice truck killer... then?????

that's my prediction.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post: