Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Season finale tonight. Any predictions?

Mine: Rita is killed by Trinity. Trinity gets away. Kids go live with their grandparents.
i don't think rita gets killed but i do think that she's going to just leave dexter (during next season).

i bet that deb just 'stops looking' for her dad's mistresses, just like she did before--had a change of heart. and didn't dexter destroy his mom's file?

last week's episode was LAME--for me, it was just *filler* so they could make everyone wait for tonight's show/the finale. but the entire season has been great, that's why last sunday's was lame--i didn't believe that deb would go into christine's apartment alone, close the door behind her--she already shot her once before... and her partner, joey is increasingly bizarre. did we ever find out what internal affairs was investigating him for? either way, i hope it's a good ending with a lot of questions answered.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

The preview showed Deb looking at Dexter's mom's file. It's the next CI on her list.... so I'm thinking it comes up in the finale and is maybe the topic for next season.

Agreed that Deb wouldn't have gone in Christine's apt alone, that was pushing the believability factor.

But - still voting for Dex's stepson being abducted.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #23
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
The preview showed Deb looking at Dexter's mom's file. It's the next CI on her list.... so I'm thinking it comes up in the finale and is maybe the topic for next season.

Agreed that Deb wouldn't have gone in Christine's apt alone, that was pushing the believability factor.

But - still voting for Dex's stepson being abducted.
you're probably right, btw, i get so scared when i start to watch the show that i have to make sure the covers are near my face and all the dogs are tucked in tight around me.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

For the sake of west coast folks..... all i'll say is

HOLY SHIT
Old 12-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

It seems to be a popular opinion that most can't stand Rita. I for one actually think she's kinda hot...LOL.
Speaking of which, is it me...or am I the only one that is oddly attracted to Lt. LaGuerta? Something about her man.
Seriously though, this season is excellent and I'm really looking forward to the finale! Some I assume as I write this have already seen it, so I can't come back in this thread until I see it. Deb has been a consistant annoyance for me all these seasons, but she's been growing on me.
Yes, I agree Debs decision to see Christine in her apartment alone was just ridiculous. However, I knew there was something up with that reporter from the get go. So the twist with her character was well done.
The only idea of a prediction I would have for the finale, is Trinity is obviously going to get Dexter where it hurts. His family. Possibly Deb?
I'm thinking Trinity may actually go for his son (the baby). At the end of the last episode (I think) Dex was holding his baby, and told him he would never let anybody hurt him, including himself. Possible foreshadowing?
I can't wait to find out!
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TCB For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #26
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

amazing finale! I will wait a while before mentioning particulars since it looks like not everyone has seen it yet. I thought it was really well done and was an emotional rollercoaster!
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #27
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Season Finale

Last night's season finale was pretty intense. SPOILER ALERT*****if you haven't watched it yet do not proceed.

I'm really not surprised Rita was killed off. As mentioned before I thought her character was at a dead end (no pun intended). There's was really nothing new they could do with her unless they wanted have her find out WHO Dex really is. I have to say it was a real downer to see her dead like that. Thought maybe they would do it all "off screen" the effect of seeing her murdered and how it was done was pretty unsettling.
The part about Deb finding out who Dexter's mom is makes sense. Deb is a good detective it's only natural that things keep progressing. She probably will be the one who figures everything out in the end. It was a really good season in my opinion. Much better than last year. Now we wait.........
I can't believe I have to wait until March for Nurse Jackie and the United States of Tara. Bummer!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #28
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

OK, but now - does Dexter call the cops about Rita's death? does he cover it up to avoid connections between him and Trinity? (like Trinity's family seeing him on the news and saying - hey that's Kyle!), does he change the scene of the murder so it doesn't look like a Trinity killing?

was the 10 year old in the worksite a new or old killing? was Arthur's death the final "10 year old"

How much will Deb probe into Dexter's past now that she knows where he comes from? She looked very suspicious that he was at Trinity's house so quickly (just like she was suspicious that Christine was at the shooting so quickly)... hmmm

Can't wait till next season dammit! (yes I overanalyze shit).

and nurse jackie and US of Tara rock...but March.. ugh.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OK, but now - does Dexter call the cops about Rita's death? does he cover it up to avoid connections between him and Trinity? (like Trinity's family seeing him on the news and saying - hey that's Kyle!), does he change the scene of the murder so it doesn't look like a Trinity killing?

was the 10 year old in the worksite a new or old killing? was Arthur's death the final "10 year old"

How much will Deb probe into Dexter's past now that she knows where he comes from? She looked very suspicious that he was at Trinity's house so quickly (just like she was suspicious that Christine was at the shooting so quickly)... hmmm

Can't wait till next season dammit! (yes I overanalyze shit).

and nurse jackie and US of Tara rock...but March.. ugh.
I think Dexter does call the police, he has to. I guess he would have to say Trinity had a vendetta against him for "trying to solve the case" or Dex could say Trinity was seeking revenge for Christine's suicide. The fact that Trinity was at the police station could be used to fuel these theories. BTW, I thought it was really unbelieveable that Trinity was in the station practically unnoticed by everyone but Dexter. But okay..............
Agreed, Deb looked stunned Dex was already at the crime scene but she was a bit preoccupied with her new info about Dex's past to think twice about it I think.
Does Harrison get to go live with the grandparents? Or does Dex keep him?
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #30
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

Ah you're encouraging my inner geek... speculation and analysis.

Deb was stunned, but I bet she'll revisit that thought later about Dex. She tends to overanalyze everything. And the whole ice truck killer (i wanna write ice road trucker but that's a different show).

Yeah Dex will probably call the cops and say its a revenge for trying to solve the case. I bet the older kids go to grandma and grandpa, and the baby stays with Dexter.

Dexter kind of let Arthur finish the cycle himself by letting the toy train go and playing the "Vera" song, while killing him. Killing the innocent 10 year old left inside Arthur... but then again, the cycle was left unfinished, maybe the Arthur's son will complete it for him? (maybe I'm reaching).

Will Dex get the money to Arthur's family? will they ever figure who "kyle" was?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #31
Kim

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
yes

Kim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST ReputationKim Has the BEST Reputation

This season was amazing. I didn't think it would be possible to improve on Season One and it just keeps getting better. Now I have nightmares about what Rita went through with Trinity in the tub. Great stuff!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #32
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I saw all the seasons via Netflix. All I can say is this - Dexter rocks!
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
For the sake of west coast folks..... all i'll say is

HOLY SHIT
Yes...thanks for holding tight.

I am having Dexter withdrawals
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #34
David57

How Do You Identify?:
Trans - Pre op FTM (On T)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

David57 is on a distinguished road

I like Rita too and think she is kind of hot. I feel that they are married so it's normal for her to call him - afterall, he is out a lot stalking people and murdering them.

[QUOTE=TCB;21193]It seems to be a popular opinion that most can't stand Rita. I for one actually think she's kinda hot...LOL.
QUOTE]
David57 is offline   Reply With Quote