Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 02-08-2023, 01:33 PM   #901
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Same for me, I thought President Biden showed exemplary behavior and critical thinking skills.

……… ……… ………
Quote:
“People don’t need religion: Religion needs people. They’re (religion, church) just a corporation that needs your money to thrive. Religion doesnt make you a better person. Intelligence and kindness makes you a better person. Religion doesn’t feed poor people. Good People with big hearts do that. Just remember that. — Don Freeman.
In other news …. This is exactly how I feel about religion.

If you ask me, religion is just another way for grifters to grift money off the members of society to pave their life experience in financial ways.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2023, 09:50 AM   #902
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Debbie Wasserman Schultz Gives Fox News Analyst A Harsh Lesson On Opinion vs. Fact

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/debbi...b0255caaebf2a9

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Gives Fox News Analyst A Harsh Lesson On Opinion vs. Fact

By Ben Blanchet
Feb 11, 2023, 09:00 AM EST

The U.S. representative called out Jonathan Turley during a Congressional hearing for offering up "pure conjecture" about Twitter.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) grilled a Fox News legal analyst for sharing “pure conjecture” during a hearing for the House’s new Weaponization of the Federal Government committee.

Jonathan Turley, a GOP-called witnesses, spoke Thursday about the “Twitter Files,” or internal information about the platform that CEO Elon Musk provided to journalists — but Wasserman Schultz wasn’t buying that he had any “unique knowledge” about the social media giant.

“Do you have any formal relationship with the company?” she asked.

“No, I just have an account,” replied Turley, an attorney and George Washington University law professor who has offered various confusing takes on Fox News over the past year. He later added that his knowledge of Twitter did not go beyond the Twitter Files and what he’s read in the media.

“So essentially your responses to the questions here today were your own opinion and pure conjecture,” Wasserman Schultz said.

“You said that you don’t have any specific or unique knowledge of Twitter, but you spoke as if you did. ... And so this is only just your opinion, would you say, as a Twitter account user?”

“No, I come to give legal analysis based on facts that are in the public domain,” responded Turley.

“‘Legal analysis’ is another word for ‘opinion,’” Wasserman Schultz shot back.

Watch the exchange below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdxF7VuTHvU
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 09:53 PM   #903
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,083 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been accepting free vacations, food, airplane trips and more for over 20 years. Most of this has come from his "friend" Harlan Crow, an uber-wealthy GOP donor. Crow has also provided access to Thomas from his GOP friends on these vacations.

Technically, Supreme Court justices don't have to report these kinds of gifts, seemlingly because we trust them to understand what's ethical and what's not. We don't trust members of Congress - they're required to report anything over $50.

But Clarence Thomas isn't ethical! Congress knew this when they approved his appointment, because of the Anita Hill situation. So I don't know why everyone is so surprised now.

In addition to the lavish vacations provided by Crow, it has now come to light that Justice Thomas sold some real estate to Crow for about $133,000. Thomas is required to report real estate sales of over $1000, but he did not report this.

Clarence Thomas should never have been nominated or approved to sit on the Supreme Court.

Sorry for the free flow of thoughts and badly written opinion if you have made it this far, but it's almost midnight and I can't get to sleep.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2023, 06:56 AM   #904
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been accepting free vacations, food, airplane trips and more for over 20 years. Most of this has come from his "friend" Harlan Crow, an uber-wealthy GOP donor. Crow has also provided access to Thomas from his GOP friends on these vacations.

Technically, Supreme Court justices don't have to report these kinds of gifts, seemlingly because we trust them to understand what's ethical and what's not. We don't trust members of Congress - they're required to report anything over $50.

But Clarence Thomas isn't ethical! Congress knew this when they approved his appointment, because of the Anita Hill situation. So I don't know why everyone is so surprised now.

In addition to the lavish vacations provided by Crow, it has now come to light that Justice Thomas sold some real estate to Crow for about $133,000. Thomas is required to report real estate sales of over $1000, but he did not report this.

Clarence Thomas should never have been nominated or approved to sit on the Supreme Court.

Sorry for the free flow of thoughts and badly written opinion if you have made it this far, but it's almost midnight and I can't get to sleep.
This morning the Washington Post is reporting that Thomas has claimed income from a defunct real estate firm for years. And it’s a real estate firm that was owned by his wife and her family.

Sounds like money laundering to me.

Whatever the case, he and his wife are grifters.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:23 AM   #905
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thank goodness for Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Ben Crump. They show up in more ways than one when there’s a problem in Black communities and they speak out. I’m very grateful for them.

Wish there were people who would consistently show up when LGBTQ+ people are attacked, have problems, or need representation. Maybe they’re out there and I just don’t know about them.

I think Rachel Maddow on MSNBC represents well and consistently, but as a journalist at MSNBC, she’s restrained on just how much she can speak out because she works at a news organization. I was hoping that Caitlyn Jenner would be a voice for us, but that ain’t happenin’.

It’s really disheartening for me not to have anyone speaking for us. Hopefully that will change soon.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:34 AM   #906
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Montana's Republican Party is clearly just a bunch of good old boys making their state look backward and unappealing. I hate to tell you boys but silencing Rep. Zooey Zephyr for her comment about "blood on your hands" was wrong. That statement was not hate speech but a fact.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2023, 05:06 PM   #907
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Montana....screw your methods of decorum. Zooey is RIGHT!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2023, 05:32 PM   #908
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking My thoughts (.....)

You know, America was once a place that accepted people of all cultural backgrounds but apparently the Cancer of Racism, Greed, and unaddressed Criminal Behaviors of those who think they can get away with their hateful ways, has reached a serious tipping point today.

Will Americans let the fucked up GOP (Re-Puke-lians) wreck our economy and ruin what is left of our once dignified ways of living????

Will Americans let Trump and his ass lickers get away with all their horseshit???

Will Americans DEMAND that corrupt politicians be removed from office???

Will Americans stand by and let that asshole governor from Florida ruin the way people live by taking their rights away and locking up people for being who we are????

Guess what?

I won't back down and live in a closet or prison because some fucked asshole can't be kind and considerate or care about others who are not like them.

Please know that I am not proud of our country.

But I am proud of those who stand up with us and ride proudly.

GO TEAM LGBTQIA++

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2023, 01:17 PM   #909
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

if Trump manages to win i won't stay in U.S ..i am making plans (just in case)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 11:34 AM   #910
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Human Rights Campaign Press Release June 6, 2023

HRC Press Release

https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/f...-and-travelers

HRC’s First-Ever Emergency Declaration Comes After More Than 75 Anti-LGBTQ+ Bills Signed Into Law This Year (More Than Double The Number From Last Year), Creating an Imminent Threat to the Health and Safety of LGBTQ+ People and Families Nationwide

LGBTQ+ Americans are living in a state of emergency. The multiplying threats facing millions in our community are not just perceived — they are real, tangible and dangerous. In many cases they are resulting in violence against LGBTQ+ people, forcing families to uproot their lives and flee their homes in search of safer states, and triggering a tidal wave of increased homophobia and transphobia that puts the safety of each and every one of us at risk. As we kick off LGBTQ+ Pride Month, HRC will be working tirelessly to educate and arm the LGBTQ+ community with information and resources to ensure their safety — whether they’re planning summer travel through regions that are becoming increasingly hostile to LGBTQ+ people, or whether they already live in a state where legislative assaults and political extremism are continuing to put a target on our backs.
“There is an imminent threat to the health and safety of millions of LGBTQ+ people and families, who are living every day in uncertainty and fear. Our number one priority will always be ensuring that LGBTQ+ people are safe and have the tools they need to defend and protect themselves against acts of hostility, discrimination and — in the most extreme cases — violence. It’s also incumbent on our allies across the country to stand with us and make it clear that they won’t sit idly by while extremists attack and malign LGBTQ+ people and our families. We’ll fight tooth and nail to ensure the safety and dignity of every LGBTQ+ person is respected and protected — without exception.”
— Kelley Robinson, HRC President
More information on today’s announcement can be found on HRC’s website:

New Report: LGBTQ+ Americans Under Attack(PDF)
LGBTQ+ Guidebook for Action (PDF)
HRC National Warning: Resources Page (Website)
Old 06-09-2023, 09:42 AM   #911
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Arrow

Feeling better that the king-pin of religious hate is not around anymore (Robertson).

So tired of all the people who follow his mindset blindly and keep perpetuating his brand of hate.

_____ ______
Old 06-09-2023, 01:55 PM   #912
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Jack Smith you are my hero!!!
Old 07-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #913
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Looks like Fulton County Courthouse has matching orange barriers up around the courthouse. And it looks like T——p employee #4 had a strong backbone and never deleted servers to cover up T——p’s crimes.

When will T——p fade from view???

Hopefully soon.

This way ppl like him will see that White Collar Crime is still a fucking crime.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2023, 09:43 PM   #914
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,083 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Looks like Fulton County Courthouse has matching orange barriers up around the courthouse.
Yes, the Sheriff said that it's to prevent people from parking there during "high profile legal proceedings". The D.A. gave staff remote workdays in August.

The D.A.'s investigation centered around solicitation of election fraud (which we all knew about), making false statements to government bodies (which we also knew about), violation of an oath of office (ditto) and being involved in threats regarding the election (same). But, news to me, she is also investigating him for conspiracy and racketeering. Conspiracy is hard to prove, I understand, but wouldn't it be great to see Tp sent to prison on RICOH charges?

BTW, Tp is also trying to get the D.A. disqualified. He also wants to disallow the grand jury's report that contains the evidence for the D.A.'s charges. Fortunately, similar motions previously made by Tp's people have been denied by the Supreme Court of Georgia. He keeps trying the same tactics over and over, with slightly different wording. What is they say about people who keep repeating the same actions, trying to get a different result? LOL.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2023, 04:28 PM   #915
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

How appropriate that Jack got his indictment of Trump on August 1st the start of the "once in a blue moon" month. Actually, the inditement is beyond a blue moon rarity, it is a first!!
Great job Jack!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2023, 07:45 PM   #916
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Not only is it “Once in a blue moon” but the document (indictment) itself is 45 pages long.

American Democracy is in grave danger if people don’t vote a straight up and down Democratic ticket. Back in 2016, votes cast for Third party detractor Jill Stein split the potency of the Democratic Party Vote — which is exactly how T—-p was elected.

Don’t fall for third party politics in the up coming presidential election.

I will be voting strictly Democratic ticket.

I can hardly believe Americans will vote for a convict.

That what T——p is to me, in my eyes. He is nothing more than a silk suit lying grifter who conned Americans and keeps conning Americans.

Hopefully, Georgia crimes will be prosecuted first. Alvin Bragg won’t mind letting this court case go first.

_____ ______
Old 08-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #917
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Hey there, Orange POS, you can’t say you are not getting “fair” treatment.

You have jeopardized American lives in the most egregious ways. You have brought shame and distrust to our country.

You (orange pos), have hardly ever been fair in your entire life.

Your spoiled A$$ is in BIG TRUBBLE.

May Americans never condone your shit show crap,
… E V E R...

<<<~~~~~~ times 45 bazzillion.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-03-2023 at 01:10 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 05:03 AM   #918
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

As if I don't find Ron Desantis disgusting enough, his statement about how he will be going into the deep state and start slitting throats on day one is damn sick rhetoric! What in hell is wrong with these people?!
Old 08-04-2023, 05:14 PM   #919
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
As if I don't find Ron Desantis disgusting enough, his statement about how he will be going into the deep state and start slitting throats on day one is damn sick rhetoric! What in hell is wrong with these people?!
Just read a news report on August 2nd about how mid- state Florida is a prime breeding ground for Leprosy.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/01/healt...ida/index.html

Not sure what to think about the DeSatan effect. *lol*

I can hardly believe that people in Florida are just accepting what that person says and does as if it’s okay.

Nobody I know has plans to visit or move to live there.

Hopefully he is ousted from his stint as a governor. Can’t believe anybody would hire him at radio or a tv station . Well, most likely F-x would. You have to be deranged to tolerate working there, I suppose.

_____ ______
Old 08-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #920
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I think one of the nagging things on my mind is the 'tone-deaf' smuggery by people under the microscope in the current WH administration. I mean come on, I don't buy that 'tone-deaf' crap for one second.

Here's what I think: I think there's gonna be a proverbial blood bath of epic proportions. You can't fuck over people, and not get caught or pay the price. And the price, I hope, will be a huge price because if it's not, then white collar crime will look easier and easier to commit, unless the biggo brakes are applied and remedies are doled out. Remedies like making tax evasion artists pay back all the million-billion's of dollars they've scammed from the US. Remedies like enforcing Anti-trust law and prosecuting big business and nameless corporate board and share holders for robbing the daylights out of everyone, when they should have been held accountable all this time.

I have a massive list of grievances a mile or two, or in some cases thousands of miles long; but I'll stop there tonight, because I am guessing lots of others have massive lists of grievances as well.

I'm sick to death of never hearing about how these types of criminal scam artists never get what they actually deserve, punitively.

The last big personality that was held accountable was Madoff; and you-know-who in the WH is eerily just like them (to me, in my mind).

I'm tired of the wretched 'rags to riches' crap that is foisted upon American public and touted as the ultimate goal anyone can achieve. That's a load of Bull-sh*t. I don't buy those long-held myths, or social scripts.

I will believe justice is truly served when the occupants of the WH and their cronies, members of the crooked GOP, are held accountable for every last horrible deed they've done over their lifetimes.

We don't need a proverbial 'Savior' or a 'Hero' or somesuch thing.

We Don't Need Another Hero (Tina Turner, from Mad Max of Thunderdome): That song has been stuck in my mind, for days now.

What we need are people who really care about the treachery being committed against the will of the people and for those people to band together and support the people who care and support the social causes that denounce this type of unpardonable behaviors which hurt not only us in America, but people in general around the world.

That's what has been on my mind lately.

**** Tick Tock, Tick Tock ****
On the evening of April 1st, 2029 @ 6:55 p.m., I wrote the above post. That was 4 years ago and I still hold the same sentiment and still the same deep concern for all of us. We’ve been, collectively, experiencing a non-stop barrage of smelly, stinky, shitty crap that is launched at us daily by a rabid, out-of-control lunatic who needs to be muzzled immediately and admitted to a facility for the criminally insane (orange menace type whackos of the same stripe as Maddoff or others who exhibit their brand of insanity).

2016-2024: Nearly 8 years under siege by T—-p & T—-p family members and acolytes who ‘worship’ the person who will ultimately sell everybody off into bondage and leprosy land.

All I want to say is America better wake the fuck up and vote out the members of their respective political party and make sure we get Democrats elected so we can save our country from complete ruin.

All Hail Every Single Judge and Elected Official Who Takes Steps To Save Our Country and Bring T——pTo Justice And Take that Terrible Person Off The Payroll. STAT.

_____ ______