Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-14-2022, 08:02 AM   #5301
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good ride this morning ... finally. Gave up yesterday and the day before, but I tried again today and it finally felt right. Lil Kim and the Alabama State Choir were on the playlist this morning and that helped a lot.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 11:25 AM   #5302
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Going to attempt going downstairs and back upstairs (with a break in between) and see if I can do it without running out of oxygen. Oximeter is handy.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 08:48 AM   #5303
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good ride this morning met my 22 minute goal without trying. Don't have many days like this. Didn't ride yesterday nor the day before—just wasn't feeling it, so didn't expect it to be good today, but it was.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:35 AM   #5304
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a lousy ride this morning. Just wasn't into it. Maybe because I didn't sleep well. Had dreams where I was so busy I think I woke up tired. Wasn't into yesterday's ride either. Oh well. Will give it another try tomorrow ... maybe.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:53 PM   #5305
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

New year, new workout routine....I'm going to try something new....actually having a routine. I haven't been to the gym since August! No wonder I haven't felt great lately.

January 1, 2023
Elliptical: 513 calories burned, 4.26 miles completed, 65:00 minutes, 15:14 average pace, 4 minutes of energy used to light that darn bulb

Initially, I wasn't having a good time. I hopped on the elliptical and started off and got winded quick. I looked down to see how much time had passed and it was only 5 minutes. Oy.

After that, it got better. I think I put my body in shock it's been so long since I've been on a machine. I walk a LOT at work and do quite a bit of manual labor type stuff, which usually puts me somewhere in the 15,000-20,000 step a day range---which is great---but it's not the same motion as working on a machine.

I also did something I haven't done in years, just because. For some, especially those who've struggled with eating and/or exercise disorders, this would most likely not be a good idea but I weigh myself daily. I like to see the natural fluctuations of my body and I can catch upswings faster than if I did it weekly. That's not the thing, though.

I used to weigh myself first thing in the morning and then after my workout when I had early morning workouts. I found it very interesting to see what transpires in my body when I stress it physically plus there's the water intake to consider. Some days, I would break even and some days I would be a little under in the second reading. It was rare that I would come back with a higher number than when I did it the first time unless it was excessively hot and/or I had an excessively long workout, both of which would lead to a higher water consumption.

Today, I came back 2 ounces lighter than when I left home and I drank close to 8 ounces of water during the workout. Yes, I was a wee bit sweaty during the workout.

Though I do find it a bit fascinating how the body functions when I work out, it's all for naught, because as soon as I get back, I eat well and drink at least 16 ounces of juice and water.

But I can compare today's numbers to next quarter's numbers and so on. I really like being able to see the results of my hard work, both short and long term.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2023, 08:16 AM   #5306
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
New year, new workout routine....I'm going to try something new....actually having a routine. I haven't been to the gym since August! No wonder I haven't felt great lately.

January 1, 2023
Elliptical: 513 calories burned, 4.26 miles completed, 65:00 minutes, 15:14 average pace, 4 minutes of energy used to light that darn bulb

Initially, I wasn't having a good time. I hopped on the elliptical and started off and got winded quick. I looked down to see how much time had passed and it was only 5 minutes. Oy.

After that, it got better. I think I put my body in shock it's been so long since I've been on a machine. I walk a LOT at work and do quite a bit of manual labor type stuff, which usually puts me somewhere in the 15,000-20,000 step a day range---which is great---but it's not the same motion as working on a machine.

I also did something I haven't done in years, just because. For some, especially those who've struggled with eating and/or exercise disorders, this would most likely not be a good idea but I weigh myself daily. I like to see the natural fluctuations of my body and I can catch upswings faster than if I did it weekly. That's not the thing, though.

I used to weigh myself first thing in the morning and then after my workout when I had early morning workouts. I found it very interesting to see what transpires in my body when I stress it physically plus there's the water intake to consider. Some days, I would break even and some days I would be a little under in the second reading. It was rare that I would come back with a higher number than when I did it the first time unless it was excessively hot and/or I had an excessively long workout, both of which would lead to a higher water consumption.

Today, I came back 2 ounces lighter than when I left home and I drank close to 8 ounces of water during the workout. Yes, I was a wee bit sweaty during the workout.

Though I do find it a bit fascinating how the body functions when I work out, it's all for naught, because as soon as I get back, I eat well and drink at least 16 ounces of juice and water.

But I can compare today's numbers to next quarter's numbers and so on. I really like being able to see the results of my hard work, both short and long term.
I get it and good on you for trying something new/mixing it up a bit.

I weigh myself each morning because otherwise (I fear) I will gain weight. It works for me ...

Had a bette-than-expected ride this morning after taking a break for a few days. I always expect it to be hard to ride after not riding for even a day or so ... and it's always easier to pick up than imagined. Go figger.

Anyway, it was a good ride while listening lectures instead of music.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:57 PM   #5307
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Day 2

January 2, 2023
Elliptical: 294 calories, 2.68 miles, 35:01 minutes, 13:02 average pace, 9 minutes of lighting that magical energy bulb.

Please note the difference between today's and yesterday's average pace. Yes, I busted my hump tonight.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:36 AM   #5308
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Days 3 and 4

January 3, 2023
Elliptical: 245 cal, 2.01 mi, 35:00 min, 17:22 avg pace, 1 min bulb

January 4, 2023
Elliptical: 340 cal, 2.85 mi, 45:00 min, 15:47 avg pace, 1 min bulb

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-15-2023, 09:20 AM   #5309
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning while listening to a speech by former First Lady Michelle Obama and then a sermon by the late Rev. CL Franklin. These are my numbers for this week:

– Rode for 22. 7 miles in 104 minutes
– Completed 90 arm rolls

Have not rode as much as planned but was able to get some spins in.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:32 AM   #5310
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning while listening to a podcast on overcoming trauma while watching a little snow come down.

Have been flushing my body of carbs from the holidays so I have less energy and didn't want to ride, but I need some movement, so today I ...

– Rode for 5 miles in 23m 25s
– Completed 30 arm rolls

Today's health tip from the Fitlosophy Fitdesk calendar: Be bold: what would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:03 AM   #5311
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Today's health tip from the Fitlosophy Fitdesk calendar: Be bold: what would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Gosh, that is certainly food for thought. I've occasionally pondered a similar question: If I knew I wouldn't hurt at all for one day, what would I do? Would I clean my house from top to bottom? Or would I go out and do something in the world? Would I do something useful whose results would last past the single day? Or would I go and purely have fun and enjoyment?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 11:27 AM   #5312
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Had an okay ride this morning while listening to a podcast on overcoming trauma while watching a little snow come down.

Have been flushing my body of carbs from the holidays so I have less energy and didn't want to ride, but I need some movement, so today I ...

– Rode for 5 miles in 23m 25s
– Completed 30 arm rolls

What would I do? I would run. Go for a long jog down by the river. I miss going for a run.

Congrats on getting your knee surgery, Orema. Maybe in two years I will be eligible to get my knees and one hip fixed. So excited for you, my friend.

I return to my weekly work schedule today. We are super busy at work. I average about 9 miles of walking each day I work.

Going to move soon, we hope, so lots of intense moving exercise coming up before summer.

Cheers,
~ K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #5313
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
What would I do? I would run. Go for a long jog down by the river. I miss going for a run.

Congrats on getting your knee surgery, Orema. Maybe in two years I will be eligible to get my knees and one hip fixed. So excited for you, my friend.

I return to my weekly work schedule today. We are super busy at work. I average about 9 miles of walking each day I work.

Going to move soon, we hope, so lots of intense moving exercise coming up before summer.

Cheers,
~ K.
Thank you, Kätz. And good on you for getting so many steps in. I thinks that's so beneficial to your overall health. I have a goal of doing a 5K walk after my knees are complete. I think I'll be able to do it if all goes well.

Fingers crosses for your move.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2023, 07:58 AM   #5314
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a great ride this morning after not riding for awhile. Just needed a break and am glad I took one. Thought it would be hard to pick up again, but it wasn't. Rode 5 miles in less than 21 minutes and completed 40 large-circle arm rools. That's good for me.

I'm giving up smoking weed for the edibles till after the knee surgery. That may have something to do with the good ride this morning.

Hoping I can join an outdoor line-dancing group by 2024.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2023, 10:25 AM   #5315
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Had a great ride this morning after not riding for awhile. Just needed a break and am glad I took one. Thought it would be hard to pick up again, but it wasn't. Rode 5 miles in less than 21 minutes and completed 40 large-circle arm rools. That's good for me.

I'm giving up smoking weed for the edibles till after the knee surgery. That may have something to do with the good ride this morning.

Hoping I can join an outdoor line-dancing group by 2024.
Joining a line-dancing group sounds like a great way to reward yourself after getting your knees fixed. Very nice. 😊

My knees get a bit worse as time goes by, but I just keep walking.

Sending wellness wishes your way, Orema. Be Blessed!

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2023, 01:08 PM   #5316
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

Too much to list here in detail so I'll just say 'take over the world'.

The fear of failure is so paralyzing.

Quote:
Thank you, Kätz. And good on you for getting so many steps in. I thinks that's so beneficial to your overall health. I have a goal of doing a 5K walk after my knees are complete. I think I'll be able to do it if all goes well.

Fingers crosses for your move.
Several of my customers have had knee replacements and every single one of them, even those that had a few complications, said they would do it again in a heartbeat. Be prepared to get steppin' cuz the doctors will get you up and moving right away!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:19 PM   #5317
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default I've been slacking...

January 5
Elliptical: 512 cal, 4.19 mi, 65 min, 15:30 avg pace

January 7
Elliptical: 480 cal, 3.87 mi, 65 min, 16:48 avg pace

January 8
Elliptical: 491 cal, 4.03 mi, 65 min, 16:08 avg pace

January 9
Elliptical: 289 cal, 2.84 mi, 35 min, 12:19 avg pace

January 10
Elliptical: 253 cal, 2.11 mi, 35 min, 16:35 avg pace

January 11
Elliptical: 350 cal, 2.89 mi, 45 min, 15:34 avg pace

January 12
Elliptical: 501 cal, 4.14 mi, 65 min, 15:41 avg pace

January 14
Elliptical: 574 cal, 4:03 mi, 65 min, 16:06 avg pace

I haven't been in the gym in about a month. I'm really struggling with some issues that have triggered a nasty bout of depression and there won't be any gym workouts until I can drag myself out of it.

In the meantime, I still bust my ass at work and am logging anywhere from 15,000-30,000 steps per day and am averaging out around 21,000 steps per day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2023, 05:19 PM   #5318
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

According to the Fitbit watch I wear daily, and according to the weekly log of stats on Fitbit, I walked more than 22K steps per day this past week.... for a weekly total of around (plus or minus) 110K steps (at work alone).

I also, one day a week, ref a community basketball game that takes place on my first day off (usually in the late afternoon, before dinner time).

And I go to the gym once a week to do yoga and swim in the pool.

My knees are not in the best of shape. I often go have the bones in my body adjusted on a twice a month basis. This helps, but I too will need knee and hip surgery, in the near future.

Leaving wellness wishes for all,
-- K.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2023, 07:20 AM   #5319
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Very good. Rode for 18 minutes when my goal was to ride for 15 minutes, but Alexa played Lizzo and I just couldn't stop. It was a good ride.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:41 AM   #5320
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Walked a total of 3 blocks this morning. The third time I've done it this week. Feels good when I start, but I'm glad it's over by the time I get home.

Before the surgery I couldn't walk a half block without crazy pain, so it's feels good to knock off 3 blocks at once without much pain.

My current goal is to walk around the block. I might be able to do that in a week or two. For now, I'm just sticking to 3 blocks.

And I gotta start carrying my cane. No telling when a pissed off goose or a scared deer might roll up on me.

Tags
exercise, weights