Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Joining lesbian softball.

a team of dykes and me!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #22
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Well aren't you freaking cool for having the balls to go talk to hym!! I was always so desperately shy and flustered around butches I could barely even look at them let alone SPEAK to one! It took me until I was 37 (or 38?) to come out as a femme and actually DATE a butch.

Coming out story to follow, but not nearly as good as some of these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leFemmeEmpressM View Post
I was 17. My best girlfriend M, who is heterosexul, and I were at an amusement park riding roller coasters and goofing around. We were sitting on a bench eating ice cream and chatting when the hottest butch I'd ever seen walked by with hys friends. I looked at M and said, "Did you see that? Hy's cute! I'm going to go talk to hym." She looked at me very confused and asked, "You know thats really a girl, right?" I smiled possibly the biggest smile I've ever had and said, "Yes" and took off after hym. Hy and I were together until I was 23, turned out to be a good thing I talked to hym! M was totally cool although she had tons of questions for me later. She is still one of my BFFs!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #23
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

My mom said, "I'm not surprised."
My dad said, "Well, that's new. Want a cigarette?"
My brother said, "I'm happy for you."
My cousin said, "Yeah? That's cool."

but I think one of my happiest early moments was when I was still married. I was staying in Oxford for a summer program, and I happened to befriend the two other queer/genderqueer people on the trip. None of us had figured things out yet regarding exactly where we fell on the spectrum of anything, but the three of us went to London for the weekend. We rented a motel room, got all fancy, and headed down to the Candy Bar - my first lesbian bar. When the three of us walked into that bar, it just felt like home. It's one of those moments where everything shifts and nothing is ever really the same again. I was just so happy and so comforted to be in that space and to feel at home in it. We danced and laughed and drank and visited and had an all-around fabulous time. It was such a weirdly innocent time in a way - just the three of us having our little explosions of self-discovery.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
DoReMiFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Hey Lady!

DoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Roses are red, violets are blue...

My Dad found out through the Internet--not on Facebook or anything like that. No, my Dad got to read some of my poetic genius.

I was in my late teens and had submitted some of my deliciously BAD (it was so bad that the word needs to be in all caps--BAD) poetry to a poetry site run by a dude who held open mic nights in a local coffee shop.

I ended up being poet of the week and that awful poetry was posted out there for all them thar Internet surfers to see.

On a whim my Dad googled my name and, bing! Oh look! Poetry written by his daughter! About her girlfriend. And her girlfriends boobies.

He called me and said, "So...congrats on being a featured poet."

I was flabbergasted. "Oh, hey, thanks...Dad."

To which he replied, "Well? Are you?"

I said yes, and the conversation moved on from there just like usual. He's been my biggest supporter ever since--not supportive of the poetry, but certainly my sexual preferences. I can't blame him for the poetry part.
DoReMiFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DoReMiFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

When I was 17 and told my mom, the hardest one for me, and she totally made it feel like I was ok and it meant everything to me.

I learned later when she was on her deathbed... that after I left that day she cried, but she told me she cried because she knew it was going to be a harder road for me... gawd I loved that woman and am so grateful she was in my life...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Driving home the morning after kissing a girl for the first time and thinking...."Hmmmm...guess I am gay. Ok, then." (had no real sexual leanings prior to this).

It was as simple as that. No angst over it at all.

Now when I told my parents, I was a wreck!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #27
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There are so many moments that were amazing, but the one that was the most poignant for me was when I was dressed up to the 9's going out to dinner for the first time in public with my first butch. I walked in with her and the table immediately in front of us was full of well dressed businessmen. They looked me up and down and then looked at her...and I gave them the biggest smile that said, "Ya boys...you just TRY to figure this one out...hahaha!!!" LOL...it was a FANTASTIC moment I will NEVER forget!!!

Tags
coming out, happy