Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #461
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I can bench about 80lbs which is just sad and that's why I don't do it in public. I run 2 mi in the morning and swim and play a little tennis in the summer. My diet is generally good though I slide for a couple days a month. I'd love to work out at home because I'm not too keen on the idea of going to a gym. I seriously need upper body strength.

Edit: Okay that was a couple of years ago. I probably can't even bench that much now.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #462
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on vacation at a resort in Vermont: biking, working out in the fitness room, laps in heated swimming pools, zip lining, hiking. Yeah, I'm in the work out zone!!!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #463
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Unfortunatly I can't lift or bench press near as much as I use to because of back and shoulder injuries,it took forever for me to get over the fact I couldnt lift like I wanted to.Finaly a personal trainer at the fitness club convenced me I could still build muscel and strenth by lifting less but do more reps,depending on the day I can bench 50 pounds in sets of ten for times,any more than that I tend to pop my shoulder out and that takes weeks to heal.I have lately snuck more weight on the bar when I am lifting and once and a while I can reach the 100 pound mark,but again the price I pay if something pops out isnt worth the pain.On leg presses I am good at 200 and proll can do more if I tryed.All in all I get the work out done,onething for shure it's better than not doing any at all.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #464
Daktari

A nice easy 12/13mile ride...on road, cranking out big gears. Beat my St.Annes return trip time by 5 minutes.

:insert road bike smiley here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...&z=12&lci=bike
Old 08-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #465
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Resting up for the Rock N Roll Providence Half Marathon this Sunday. Then I don't have another race until the Applecrest Half Marathon on Labor Day weekend in Sept.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #466
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
My girlfriend, also an avid powerlifter, thought this was remarkable.

Do you mean you can lift that total amount over that many reps?

This is incredible. You've managed to break every single women's powerlifting world record (in all weight classes), and quite a few men's records, as well.
I do the weight listed per rep, for the # of reps listed. When people see me in the gym, they assume I'm a competive body-builder. They're shocked to learn that I'm just a gym rat, and EVEN more shocked I'm female.

PS: I'm 6'1 225 VERY muscular.

Last edited by stephfromMIT; 08-14-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: my stats
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #467
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Dayyyum Steph... pics?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #468
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i fell off track awhile..
Slowly been picking myself back up and ready to throw myself in the mix.
i need to get back at the gym, #1. And also need to really start using my gym equipment right here at home. It's convenient on days i am balancing work hours and school hours.

When i stopped exercising, it's amazing the difference i felt in my body.
i felt so sluggish and that feeling grew daily... i missed my energy very much, so it's good that is coming back!

Abs & arms especially, are a big focus for me for the next while..
And some cardio for at least 30 minutes a day.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #469
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone done P90X or Insanity programs? I've restarted with my personal trainer (3 times/week) but I find that her workouts are ok but I want to add more to get more. I've been intrigued by these programs (and know that I should do them at my own pace and not necessarily at their pace when starting out)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #470
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Anyone done P90X or Insanity programs? I've restarted with my personal trainer (3 times/week) but I find that her workouts are ok but I want to add more to get more. I've been intrigued by these programs (and know that I should do them at my own pace and not necessarily at their pace when starting out)
I got coerced into doing the insanity program with a friend who wanted to try it and it is pretty intense but well worth it. Warning though no matter how much you work out or run/jog and think you are in great shape the following day after the insanity workout you will feel that burn all week long.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #471
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default The T question.

For a long time I have been thinging of useing a testosteron supplement to increase muscel mass,I have been checking out a fue things but havent settled on anything yet.I would rather do this througe my pcp so it can be monitored but am prepared to do it my way if need be.My question is,has anyone hear used it to improve the results of working out or have any information about what can be used as a supplement..All my stats are plenty good even tho I taske meds for arthritis and back pain,any and all sesponses are wellcome.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:33 AM   #472
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just 2 Minutes of Walking After a Meal Is Surprisingly Good for You

Just 2 Minutes of Walking After a Meal Is Surprisingly Good for You
A new paper suggests that it takes far less exercise than was previously thought to lower blood sugar after eating.

By Rachel Fairbank
Aug. 4, 2022

A short walk can have a significant impact on blood sugar levels. Credit: Image borrowed from the internets

Walking after a meal, conventional wisdom says, helps clear your mind and aids in digestion. Scientists have also found that going for a 15-minute walk after a meal can reduce blood sugar levels, which can help ward off complications such as Type 2 diabetes. But, as it turns out, even just a few minutes of walking can activate these benefits.

In a meta-analysis, recently published in the journal Sports Medicine, researchers looked at the results of seven studies that compared the effects of sitting versus standing or walking on measures of heart health, including insulin and blood sugar levels. They found that light walking after a meal, in increments of as little as two to five minutes, had a significant impact in moderating blood sugar levels.

“Each small thing you do will have benefits, even if it is a small step,” said Dr. Kershaw Patel, a preventive cardiologist at Houston Methodist Hospital who was not involved in the study.

Very light walking reduces blood sugar levels.
In five of the studies that the paper evaluated, none of the participants had pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes. The remaining two studies looked at people with and without such illnesses. Participants were asked to either stand or walk for two to five minutes every 20 to 30 minutes over the course of a full day.

All seven studies showed that just a few minutes of light-intensity walking after a meal were enough to significantly improve blood sugar levels compared to, say, sitting at a desk or plopping down on the couch. When participants went for a short walk, their blood sugar levels rose and fell more gradually.

For people with diabetes, avoiding sharp fluctuations in blood sugar levels is a critical component in managing their illness. It’s also thought that sharp spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels can contribute to developing Type 2 diabetes.

Standing also helped lower blood sugar levels, although not to the degree that light walking did. “Standing did have a small benefit,” Aidan Buffey, a graduate student at the University of Limerick in Ireland and an author of the paper, said. Compared to sitting or standing, “light-intensity walking was a superior intervention,” he said.

That’s because light walking requires more active engagement of muscles than standing and uses the fuel from food at a time when there is a lot of it circulating in the bloodstream. “Your muscles will soak up some of that excess glucose,” said Jessie Inchauspé, author of the book “Glucose Revolution: The Life-Changing Power of Balancing Your Blood Sugar.”

“You still had the same meal, but the impact on your body will be lessened,” she added.

Walking within 60 to 90 minutes after eating delivers the best results.
Although light walking at any time is good for your health, a short walk within 60 to 90 minutes of eating a meal can be especially useful in minimizing blood sugar spikes, as that is when blood sugar levels tend to peak.

Ms. Inchauspé also recommended getting up to do housework or finding other ways to move your body. This short amount of activity will also enhance other dietary changes that people may be making to help control their blood sugar levels.

“Moving even a little bit is worthwhile and can lead to measurable changes, as these studies showed, in your health markers,” Dr. Euan Ashley, a cardiologist at Stanford University who was not associated with the study, said.

Mini-walks are more practical during the workday.
Mr. Buffey, whose research focuses on physical activity interventions in workplace environments, noted that a mini-walk of two to three minutes is more practical during the workday. People “are not going to get up and run on a treadmill or run around the office,” he said, but they could get some coffee or even go for a stroll down the hallway.

For people working from home, he suggested a short walk around the block between Zoom meetings or after lunch. The more we normalize mini-walks during the workday, Mr. Buffey said, the more feasible they will be. “If you are in a rigid environment, that’s when the difficulties may come.”

If you cannot take those few minutes to take a walk, Dr. Ashley said, “standing will get you some of the way there.”

The benefits of physical activity are never all or nothing, Dr. Patel said, but instead exist on a continuum. “It’s a gradual effect of more activity, better health,” he said. “Each incremental step, each incremental stand or brisk walk appears to have a benefit.”

Rachel Fairbank is a freelance science writer based in Texas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/w...ood-sugar.html
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: